Morris retires from Origin

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Just posted on Instagram:

Good decision I think!! Will be nice to have him come origin time next year means we should have a mostly intact squad during origin!!

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One of only a few Blues players that can hold their heads up in what has been an abysmal decade for NSW

If there were more BMozs in the Blues team , or if all his Blues teammates put in the same effort as Brett, NSW would have won more than just 1/12 series

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With news coming through that Laurie Daley remains as blues coach if retire from origin duties too.

Congrats on a great representative career Josh.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Great career. Wish he had been part of a winning series..

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Has been a good rep player, congrats to him on what he's achieved.

Reality is he wouldn't be picked next year unless there were alot of injuries. There's quite a few players in front of him.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Congrats to him on his career and his decision. We (Dogs) really need to get a return of investment of his signature, something we haven't had as of yet.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wish you retired from making comments on anyone with Josh or Morris in their name.
He's was a dud buy. Terrible recruitment. Lost his speed and has nothing more than experience now. Terrible dh running, drops bombs, drops balls with an open try line.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He's dropped 1 ball with an open try in his 3 years.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He's dropped 1 ball with an open try in his 3 years.
No doubt, it happens to the best of athletes in any sport. But he still dropped it when he should of swallowed it. This is just another mark against him in his massive downfall.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So 1 dropped ball in 3 years and you use it in an argument? Everyone makes mistakes. He has been ripped off with getting nowhere near the ball that he did at the Dragons. Still our best back along with his brother.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think that this is a bit weird to say the least..

The Bulldogs are coming 13th on the NRL ladder, but have three repping in the Origin series. Of them Brett Morris and David Klemmer were two of the best on field with Josh Jackson giving the best he could as he always does no matter who he is playing against.

Who should we ask why this is? Des or the players?

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on a great rep career B Moz.
You deservedly held the title of the world's best winger for a long time, so full credit to you.

As a mad Blues supporter I will never ever forget that 2014 performance in State of origin from both you and your brother.
It still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up just thinking about it. It was unreal.
If only some of those other clowns who have pulled on the blue jumper in the last 12 years would have played with the same pride & passion that you & your brother showed us that night then we might have snagged a few mote series wins.

Well done B Moz

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So 1 dropped ball in 3 years and you use it in an argument? Everyone makes mistakes. He has been ripped off with getting nowhere near the ball that he did at the Dragons. Still our best back along with his brother.
I'm using it as 1 point in a long list of points.

He has been a massive disappointment and a dud buy. Terrible value for money. I would take so many wingers in the game ahead of him atm when considering the salary cap.

I'm not suprised with his massive downfall as i expected this when we first signed him. The signs were already showing. Also put rep footy ahead of the club.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Still our best back along with his brother.
I get what you're saying but that's more because of the poor recruitment by the club rather than their skill. If they're were on the open market today I reckon there would only be a handful of clubs interested if that.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I get what you're saying but that's more because of the poor recruitment by the club rather than their skill. If they're were on the open market today I reckon there would only be a handful of clubs interested if that.
Knights would be the only club interested unless they took a massive paycut.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Knights would be the only club interested unless they took a massive paycut.
Yeah, they're really the only club I could think of unless they headed to ESL. Pretty much most other clubs have superior backs to us.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'm using it as 1 point in a long list of points.

He has been a massive disappointment and a dud buy. Terrible value for money. I would take so many wingers in the game ahead of him atm when considering the salary cap.

I'm not suprised with his massive downfall as i expected this when we first signed him. The signs were already showing. Also put rep footy ahead of the club.
Who wouldn't put NSW ahead of the Bulldogs with the shit style we play? He never gets the ball.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Made Origin this year and was our best back besides Tedesco.

Status
Not open for further replies.