What if?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MountMontoya

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This might be the jack daniels talking but what if all the talk of us having very little cap room is just bullshit fed to the media to be used as a smoke screen so we can sign Cronk to partner Foran in the halves?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Unfortunately we arent the Roosters

Reactions: DT

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't be that surprised if we've got some wiggle room in the cap. It's not like we spent the money T-rex was on on me players, so I wouldn't be surprised if the contract extensions we made were mainly front loading some of the back ended deals. We let Rona and Browne go as well as both Perretts. Only youngsters came here as replacements really. Kasiano would have been on decent coin and with him gone next season his money remains to be spent. I'd hope we aren't paying Melbourne any of his contract value. I know that some people assume we are but I think we'd avoid it.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately we arent the Roosters
How do you know?
I heard Dibshit is on holidays......in Mexico buying a new Sombrero for Politis.
Never know, Dib might get one too....

images (12).jpg

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Doubt it since the dumb ***** at the club are paying most of Kas's wages in 2018 at the Storm.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
This might be the jack daniels talking but what if all the talk of us having very little cap room is just bullshit fed to the media to be used as a smoke screen so we can sign Cronk to partner Foran in the halves?
Share the Jack you prick lol

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It'd be a miracle if we could land cronk.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Fucking Lurker ****.. hiding behind a fake moniker to make up constant bullshit.

Fuck off already.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don't be surprised if it happens !
If you calculate the contracts of the players we have lost since the end of 2015 and 2016 minus the upgrades to some players and the new recruits you will realize we still have some space, add to that the salary cap increase, you will have your answer.
Remember we were after Tedesco, If we can afford him we can afford Cronk.
The question is does Cronk wants to play and where ?
Personally ever since he's quit Melbourne I believed we will get him !
And it's not Jack Daniels Talking, It's Johnny Walker Walking :tearsofjoy:

cazman

Waterboy
Reaction score
It's not that far fetch, if James, and a few more go then it could happen with a halves couching contract to follow.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps Kas is a peace offering to have Cronk????

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
To me signing Cronk would be something too good to be true, will only ever believe it when he says it front of a camera.

Reactions: DT

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doubt it since the dumb ***** at the club are paying most of Kas's wages in 2018 at the Storm.
Doubt it he is to be release from his contact and sign with Mel. He manager said he's taking a pay cut.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't get why if we had the money free why he wouldn't have been a target the whole time. Especially for a short term contract

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I rarely post sober myself.

I'm curious about your username though.

Do you want to mount Montoya?

Mike_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We signed Teddy on for him to backflip. Surely that means there's some cash available. Cronk likes structured play - which is Des's style.

Could do the media gig and have a coaching role post playing without having to travel to Melbourne.

If this happens I'll be happy... but not holding my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.