The Consolidated Boxing Thread

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I heard that still think bullshit that's why they re scored it but glad horn won.
Horn won
Go Australia
Woo hoo
The mighty Australian fighting spirit prevailed once again

As an Australian you must be so proud Horn did so well representing all us Australians and winning fair and square

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

49 min mcgregor
55 min gayweather
I'm looking forward to this fight.

Lol, it's a spectical, to simply make money.

Neither can lose.

They both pocket huge amounts of money.

If gayweather wins, McGregor will congratulate him and go on saying if it was a UFC fight the result would be different and no one would really argue.

If McGregor wins, gayweather will just refer to the age difference and the fact he was retired.
Lol
And guaranteed this.

If it goes all rounds and comes down to judges call.
If gayweather wins by decision McGregor will take it like a man.

If it goes the other way all the gayweather fans will be calling the judging rigged.
Bit like the recent Horn fight.

Oh,
And my prediction is @Boxer will be cheering on gayweather for sure.
It's just a little hunch I have, haha.

But, my own opinion,
I think, if gayweather can get past 5 rounds, he will win and McGregor will gas out.

But,
If McGregor can catch the cat and land a few early, he can knock him out.
I very much doubt gayweather can knock out McGregor though.

I'll go on the record and say this.
If it was a UFC fight, it wouldn't last 3 rounds. Gayweather would be knocked out early.
It's only a contest cause it's boxing rules and limits McGregor his most potent attributes, but hey, it will make everyone plenty of money,

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Both are twats but by far McGregor has the worst knob fans on the Internet. They actually think he has a chance lmao. A guy in his first pro boxing fight is just going to turn up and beat one of the best ever lmao, ok.

By the way he was already putting out the excuses for when he gets embarrassed. "Half a fight" "ten ounce glov3s" just excuses. News flash if McGregor was the a side he would have had it all his way but he isn't so he has to bend over and take it up the bum lmao.

McGregor is not "catching "anything only a beating. Just go look at his awful sparring it's embarrassing lol.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Both are twats but by far McGregor has the worst knob fans on the Internet. They actually think he has a chance lmao. A guy in his first pro boxing fight is just going to turn up and beat one of the best ever lmao, ok.

By the way he was already putting out the excuses for when he gets embarrassed. "Half a fight" "ten ounce glov3s" just excuses. News flash if McGregor was the a side he would have had it all his way but he isn't so he has to bend over and take it up the bum lmao.

McGregor is not "catching "anything only a beating. Just go look at his awful sparring it's embarrassing lol.
All true,
He is clearly only there for the money, has even said us much.
I don't think McGregor cares if he wins or loses, and as you rightly pointed out, he has already put out his excuses , and a valid one at that, anyone who knows anything knows McGregor can't match Floyd as a boxer.

The point is
As a fighter, an actual fight, not boxing rules, McGregor wins easily. Like not even close.

But as a spectical in a boxing ring under boxing rules, McGregor is good enough to make a fight of it, and thus everyone makes money.

Let's not lose the facts of all this.

At the end of it all, it will amount for nothing to either fighter other than one big pay day.

Just for the record.
I have no idea who will win,

But I only give McGregor a chance if he can knock out Floyd early, otherwise Floyd will win the longer it goes on.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to this fight.

Lol, it's a spectical, to simply make money.

Neither can lose.

They both pocket huge amounts of money.

If gayweather wins, McGregor will congratulate him and go on saying if it was a UFC fight the result would be different and no one would really argue.

If McGregor wins, gayweather will just refer to the age difference and the fact he was retired.
Lol
And guaranteed this.

If it goes all rounds and comes down to judges call.
If gayweather wins by decision McGregor will take it like a man.

If it goes the other way all the gayweather fans will be calling the judging rigged.
Bit like the recent Horn fight.

Oh,
And my prediction is @Boxer will be cheering on gayweather for sure.
It's just a little hunch I have, haha.

But, my own opinion,
I think, if gayweather can get past 5 rounds, he will win and McGregor will gas out.

But,
If McGregor can catch the cat and land a few early, he can knock him out.
I very much doubt gayweather can knock out McGregor though.

I'll go on the record and say this.
If it was a UFC fight, it wouldn't last 3 rounds. Gayweather would be knocked out early.
It's only a contest cause it's boxing rules and limits McGregor his most potent attributes, but hey, it will make everyone plenty of money,
So, you don;t like Floyd Mayweather?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So, you don;t like Floyd Mayweather?
Lol,
He is an awesome boxer,
I really have nothing against the guy,
And I really don't have a strong opinion on who will win either way,
But happy to jump on the McGregor band wagon,
Only cause, I think he is funny, I think he promotes his fights better than anyone else.
I think he has amazing talent and confidence and backs himself, and despite his show boating, his clear confidence is to be respected.

As does Floyd and his results and his age,

Like I have said in other posts.

It's only worth watching cause it's boxing rules giving Floyd the advantage

If it were the other way, where McGregor could display all his own wepons it would be carnage, Floyd would be destroyed

Malla

Reaction score
Everybody is ruling out Mayweather knocking him out early but I think this is very likely to happen.

McGregor will not be able to defend Mayweathers speed and those 4oz gloves will hurt him. McGregor will be lucky to last 5 rounds.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Everybody is ruling out Mayweather knocking him out early but I think this is very likely to happen.

McGregor will not be able to defend Mayweathers speed and those 4oz gloves will hurt him. McGregor will be lucky to last 5 rounds.
Possibly,
Time will tell,

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Possibly,
Time will tell,
Just curious but why do you give Conor any type of hope early? Tbh this is just as bad a mismatch in boxing as it would be the other way around.

Because he is bigger? Because he can punch hard? What about Conor makes you think he has a slight chance early in the fight? Any other boxer at 154 on the planet having their first pro bout against the best defensive boxer of all time would be written off, but with Conor people actually give him a chance early lol. If Canelo Manny or Mosley can't get him out early (boxers for years) a complete novice isn't going to do it either. This isn't close either, just like if it were in Mma.

This fight is a 12 round schooling or Conor quits on the stool from the amount of punches he will eat.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just curious but why do you give Conor any type of hope early? Tbh this is just as bad a mismatch in boxing as it would be the other way around.

Because he is bigger? Because he can punch hard? What about Conor makes you think he has a slight chance early in the fight? Any other boxer at 154 on the planet having their first pro bout against the best defensive boxer of all time would be written off, but with Conor people actually give him a chance early lol. If Canelo Manny or Mosley can't get him out early (boxers for years) a complete novice isn't going to do it either. This isn't close either, just like if it were in Mma.

This fight is a 12 round schooling or Conor quits on the stool from the amount of punches he will eat.
Why do I give Connor a chance,

Well yeah, he his bigger, that's somthing,
He can fight, that's another,
He can hit hard, yeah that's another reason,
He is cocky and confident,

Will he win,
I doubt it,
If he does manage to knock out Floyd it will be a remarkable achievement,
Floyd is suppose to win,
The fight is a set up to make money, and it's expected that the boxer will beat the UFC fighter.

But,
Imagine if Connor wins, against the odds, wow what an accomplishment that will be.

Connor can win, cause he has nothing to lose, money to make, and everything to gain,

The preasure is on Floyd to beat Connor, not on Connor to beat Floyd

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why do I give Connor a chance,

Well yeah, he his bigger, that's somthing,
He can fight, that's another,
He can hit hard, yeah that's another reason,
He is cocky and confident,

Will he win,
I doubt it,
If he does manage to knock out Floyd it will be a remarkable achievement,
Floyd is suppose to win,
The fight is a set up to make money, and it's expected that the boxer will beat the UFC fighter.

But,
Imagine if Connor wins, against the odds, wow what an accomplishment that will be.

Connor can win, cause he has nothing to lose, money to make, and everything to gain,

The preasure is on Floyd to beat Connor, not on Connor to beat Floyd
That's where we differ, Conor has the same chance of beating Floyd as May does in mma and that's next to NONE.

He can fight but can he box the best boxer of our generation in his first fight? Um no.

If Cooper Cronk decided to play rugby and his very first game was against the All Blacks what happens?

We've seen it with Hayne in NFL what happened?

MJ in baseball what happened?

There is not one sports man or woman on the face of the planet that goes to a sport which has a few transferable skills and beats the best at that sport in their first go. None.

And yet people still think he "has a chance early" or " if he catches him". Again he has the same chance as May suddenly wanting to fight him in mma.

I can imagine all I like but that still isn't going to change the fact Conor will get embarrassed for twelve round or quits on his stool.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You simply don't take up boxing and fight the best, and think you have a chance. Just because you punch in mma. It's honestly laughable that you think he has some slight chance, when it's the same chance May has in Mma and that's zero.

This is the power of the UFC hype machine. The same machine that once told us Rousey could beat men lol.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That's where we differ, Conor has the same chance of beating Floyd as May does in mma and that's next to NONE.

He can fight but can he box the best boxer of our generation in his first fight? Um no.

If Cooper Cronk decided to play rugby and his very first game was against the All Blacks what happens?

We've seen it with Hayne in NFL what happened?

MJ in baseball what happened?

There is not one sports man or woman on the face of the planet that goes to a sport which has a few transferable skills and beats the best at that sport in their first go. None.

And yet people still think he "has a chance early" or " if he catches him". Again he has the same chance as May suddenly wanting to fight him in mma.

I can imagine all I like but that still isn't going to change the fact Conor will get embarrassed for twelve round or quits on his stool.
I can see that angle also

Can't wait to see how it all pans out

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Connor is my cousin tbh.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Horn won
Go Australia
Woo hoo
The mighty Australian fighting spirit prevailed once again

As an Australian you must be so proud Horn did so well representing all us Australians and winning fair and square
WTF has race got to do with this??????
Your fried did I say anything about horn been Australian.
Call the fight as it is not cause of race.