The Formula One Thread

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
hamilton 14th on the grid lol, its going to be funny watching/listening to him struggle in traffic

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
That pole lap by Kimi was insane... pushing the car so hard.

I'd love to see Kimi take the win tomorrow night!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
That pole lap by Kimi was insane... pushing the car so hard.

I'd love to see Kimi take the win tomorrow night!
its an interesting situation because ferrari want a vettel win, vettel wants a vettel win, kimi wants a kimi win, ferrari dont want the bad PR of taking a win away from kimi, ferrari dont want them to race and vettel doesnt want to sit in 2nd place

they have to come up with a plan and i think its going to be to manage a kimi 1-2, but its also monaco so vettel probably cant do anything about it anyway

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It was a pretty interesting quali session and great to see kimi on pole and hamilton waaaaaaaay back lol. I think vettel's only chance for winning is if he gets off to a flyer and leads coming into that first turn. Dan was very disappointing again, max is completely and utterly destroying him this season so far.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
lol ferrari do it sneaky with the overcut putting kimi back out in traffic

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
verstappen has a chance to do something here on those tyres tbh

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What an amazing race at Azerbaijan!!

Bonehead Hamilton, Road raging Vettel, Dodgem car chaos.....it had it all.

Reactions: GDR

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
lol formula 1 is the biggest rigged piece of shit sport in the world, bottas clearly jumped the start and they decide that he didnt because they dont want vettel to skip out to a bigger lead in the championship

ive seen the on board footage and yes he moves before the lights go out

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
lol formula 1 is the biggest rigged piece of shit sport in the world, bottas clearly jumped the start and they decide that he didnt because they dont want vettel to skip out to a bigger lead in the championship

totally agree ... it was clear and yes all the official are poms .......... enough said

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
totally agree ... it was clear and yes all the official are poms .......... enough said
they also took 25 laps to investigate it for something that is easily measurable and they usually know within 1-2 laps if the whole grid has jumped the start

i think this has something to do with the new owners of F1, they have made changes this season to revitalise the sport and maybe 1 of the changes is they are going to manage the championship fight as best they can, like WWF1 wrestling/motorsport, they even asked for a handshake between vettel/hamilton which they refused on camera to create controversy

in the last race they also sat on vettels penalty for a long time and only decided to penalise him when they told hamilton he had to pit to fix his problem

Reactions: GDR

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
they also took 25 laps to investigate it for something that is easily measurable and they usually know within 1-2 laps if the whole grid has jumped the start

i think this has something to do with the new owners of F1, they have made changes this season to revitalise the sport and maybe 1 of the changes is they are going to manage the championship fight as best they can, like WWF1 wrestling/motorsport, they even asked for a handshake between vettel/hamilton which they refused on camera to create controversy

in the last race they also sat on vettels penalty for a long time and only decided to penalise him when they told hamilton he had to pit to fix his problem
yep ... I'm expecting NASCAR mach II... gee I hope I'm wrong ..

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

It appears that he does move just before the lights go out, but as he moved very little he probably hasn't crossed the lines in front of him.

Is that still a false start (genuine question from only a casual follower of F1)?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
It appears that he does move just before the lights go out, but as he moved very little he probably hasn't crossed the lines in front of him.

Is that still a false start (genuine question from only a casual follower of F1)?
ive always thought that if you move before the lights go out its a jump start, the FIA has responded by saying that his movement is within what they tolerate because of something to do with the clutch operation on the grid

but obviously this was not any negligible movement on the grid getting ready for the start, this was the beginning of his takeoff

and also the 0.2 second reaction time that the stewards initially said he had after the lights went out was wrong, there needs to be an investigation into how they got that number because maybe they just made it up ffs, also they have contradicted it when they admitted he moved before the start, if he moved before the start his reaction time would be -0.something