Begging the fans to turn up at belmore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can't see the word begging pop up at all, where did this come from?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Got yet another email from the club asking fans to attend the game. In the past I loved receiving them but of late I read them with a degree of cynicism. Basically the same as that off the website. I know that we get a pretty good deal on season tickets, but it burns me every time they sell them at a reduced rate of late because we are not travelling well.

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2017/07/04/team_changes_for_rou.html
Round 18 Team List

Sunday's match against Newcastle at Belmore, will see local junior Josh Reynolds run out for the final time at the ground as a Bulldog. As the team look to find the winning formula that has been missing in recent weeks.

The Bulldogs will mark the occasion by re-naming the hill at Belmore 'Josh Reynolds Hill' for the day, as well as having a Josh Reynolds 'Run Through' Banner and face-masks of the five-eighth that will be handed out to supporters on the day.

In other team news, former Penrith prop Andy Saunders has been named on the bench to make his NRL debut. The 22 year-old joined the Bulldogs at the start of the season from the Panthers.

With David Klemmer, Josh Jackson and Brett Morris all on Origin duty, Danny Fualalo, Raymond Faitala-Mariner and Kerrod Holland all come into the Bulldogs starting line-up, with Asipeli Fine returning to the bench.

The match will also see the side wear the 2017 heritage jersey. Get your heritage jersey here.

Gates will open at 11:40 am.

If you hold a Pedigree Platinum Plus, Full season, Belmore and Winter Pass membership you have full-access to the game.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol every single player on social media is pleading for fans to go and say goodbye to the 'legend' that is Reynolds.

I appreciate everything josh has done for us (especially off field with hospital visits etc) but lets be honest, he hasn't delivered when it matters and we've had far better players do more and not get anywhere near the amount of recognition he's getting.

If he took a cut to stay with us and actually helped us to a premiership, absolutely he deserves this treatment but he hasn't.

He bailed to the highest bidder when he could have stuck around and got on the long service player contract in a few years then had a job with us for life.

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
She doesn't know what our spiritual home stands for! To her and others it's a sales pitch!
That, or the watered down beer and shitty nips at the grog stands are about to get stronger and more spiritual!

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So they should beg they play rubbish football week in week out it's boring game play why would u pay big money on (tickets transport food beer raffles)to watch a team that a insomniac could fall asleep watching
And in there mind think the teams
Travelling good has got me baffled

Dogsarnthavingaparty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bulldogs r headed for the spoon 2017, 2018 tough few years ahead im thinking.they look very ordinary to me remind me of under tens team very imbarising very unprofessional.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got yet another email from the club asking fans to attend the game. In the past I loved receiving them but of late I read them with a degree of cynicism. Basically the same as that off the website. I know that we get a pretty good deal on season tickets, but it burns me every time they sell them at a reduced rate of late because we are not travelling well.

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2017/07/04/team_changes_for_rou.html
Round 18 Team List

Sunday's match against Newcastle at Belmore, will see local junior Josh Reynolds run out for the final time at the ground as a Bulldog. As the team look to find the winning formula that has been missing in recent weeks.

The Bulldogs will mark the occasion by re-naming the hill at Belmore 'Josh Reynolds Hill' for the day, as well as having a Josh Reynolds 'Run Through' Banner and face-masks of the five-eighth that will be handed out to supporters on the day.

In other team news, former Penrith prop Andy Saunders has been named on the bench to make his NRL debut. The 22 year-old joined the Bulldogs at the start of the season from the Panthers.

With David Klemmer, Josh Jackson and Brett Morris all on Origin duty, Danny Fualalo, Raymond Faitala-Mariner and Kerrod Holland all come into the Bulldogs starting line-up, with Asipeli Fine returning to the bench.

The match will also see the side wear the 2017 heritage jersey. Get your heritage jersey here.

Gates will open at 11:40 am.

If you hold a Pedigree Platinum Plus, Full season, Belmore and Winter Pass membership you have full-access to the game.
Why is a hill that is named after a club legend being renamed after a player that's leaving for money?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't get the "Reynolds last game at Belmore" campaign

We haven't played (full time) there in years

Wouldn't his actual last home game be celebrated more than this.

But I understand it's the only trick or ploy up their sleeve to entice dumb arse supporters to the game.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't get the "Reynolds last game at Belmore" campaign

We haven't played (full time) there in years

Wouldn't his actual last home game be celebrated more than this.

But I understand it's the only trick or ploy up their sleeve to entice dumb arse supporters to the game.
Make no mistake, this only came to the club after they saw the dismal ticket sales for the belmore game.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Make no mistake, this only came to the club after they saw the dismal ticket sales for the belmore game.
Yep I have no doubt about it.

A proper Josh Reynolds celebration would be our last home game not a mid season game

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Okay so I've had time to settle down this week and think a lot of this through.

We're frustrated and rightly so. But to give up on our side right now when our 2017 season is still in the balance is unlike us Bulldog supporters.

Why protest now when we can still achieve something still? If our season becomes done and dusted, that's a different story - but we're still and truly in with a shot to shake up 2017. Yeah chances are slim, but as Jim Carry said there's still a chance. What is protesting this round going to really achieve?

Let's get out there and support our players and this beautiful club until we're given no reason left to do so.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Plenty of people trying to rupture everything but we still love our footy and will try to get down for the send offs, no pun intended.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay so I've had time to settle down this week and think a lot of this through.

We're frustrated and rightly so. But to give up on our side right now when our 2017 season is still in the balance is unlike us Bulldog supporters.

Why protest now when we can still achieve something still? If our season becomes done and dusted, that's a different story - but we're still and truly in with a shot to shake up 2017. Yeah chances are slim, but as Jim Carry said there's still a chance. What is protesting this round going to really achieve?

Let's get out there and support our players and this beautiful club until we're given no reason left to do so.
Raysie,

I'm not trying to take a pot shot at you but this mentality is exactly what the board and Des want's you to think like.
It seems as though the statements made by the club about making successive finals has been enough and acceptable to you and other fans thinking alike and yes while there is that slight mathematical chance of making the finals let's not kid ourselves we do not deserve to be there even if we crept in. We are so far behind the playing style and mentality of the top teams we will once again be embarrassed.

Sometimes the toughest decisions that hurt the most as a passionate fan is in the best interest for the future of the club and team.

BOYCOTT BELMORE

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plenty of people trying to rupture everything but we still love our footy and will try to get down for the send offs, no pun intended.
How you can rupture something that's already flat and deflated is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.