Round 14 - Dogs vs Dragons - Team List and Game Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
Lee is a winger being played in the Centres. He can't defend and its causing havoc inside and outside him. At least if he's on the wing, he can be taught to use the sideline as cover. Similar to Naqaima before Cleary turned up to the Tigers and stuck him on the wing. Lee would make a good winger because he can finish.

If we had a decent option at fullback, Hoppa in the centres and Lee on the wing would be a very strong combo in 2018. I am thinking it might even be worth BMoz going to Fullback, Marcelo and Lee on the wings and JMoz and Hoppa in the centres. A better balanced team I think.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee is a winger being played in the Centres. He can't defend and its causing havoc inside and outside him. At least if he's on the wing, he can be taught to use the sideline as cover. Similar to Naqaima before Cleary turned up to the Tigers and stuck him on the wing. Lee would make a good winger because he can finish.

If we had a decent option at fullback, Hoppa in the centres and Lee on the wing would be a very strong combo in 2018. I am thinking it might even be worth BMoz going to Fullback, Marcelo and Lee on the wings and JMoz and Hoppa in the centres. A better balanced team I think.
Do you remember Lee on the wing earlier in the year? Bloody awful.

He needs to be next to someone like BMoz to keep yelling at him how to defend. Eventually it'll sink in and he'll be much better for it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Lee is not a winger, what an absolute joke.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I really, really hate Hasler

The eternal optimist inside of me wants to go on Monday

The realist in me says I hate hasler the scumbag and there's no point in going, that it's better to boycott

FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

He's actually a Centre playing Centre.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I genuinely don't understand how someone can say Lee is a winger and not a centre lol. He has the physcial presence along with the footwork, offload, strength and agility that make him perfectly suited to centre.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but I want the Dogs to get flogged just in time for Tuesdays members meeting!!!

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
He only ever played wing in first grade at Canberra scoring 12 tries in 15 appearances. Picked up 4 tries in one game last year.

If his defence wasn't so poor has has all the assets to be a good centre in attack. Until his defence improves out of sight, too much of a liability.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He only ever played wing in first grade at Canberra scoring 12 tries in 15 appearances. Picked up 4 tries in one game last year.

If his defence wasn't so poor has has all the assets to be a good centre in attack. Until his defence improves out of sight, too much of a liability.
He filled in on the wing but has always played centre and has the physical attributes of a centre.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
He filled in on the wing but has always played centre and has the physical attributes of a centre.
He may have the attributes and his attack is good no question, but his defence is rubbish and he is being exposed every week!

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He may have the attributes and his attack is good no question, but his defence is rubbish and he is being exposed every week!
Defence is rubbish on the wing as well. He needs time to learn that's all.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What do we do about his defensive issues? Hope for the best???
Well you sure as shit don't throw him on the wing, that won't fix anything. He is also very sloppy under the highball.

When we bought Brenko he had obvious issues in defence that Des should of known about. The most obvious move to make was to play the experienced Brett on his outside instead of fucking Holland. Any coach with half a brain would of made that call. Playing alongside Brett would of done a world of good for him and our defence. Obviously there would still be issues but the more he plays at centre the more he will improve.

People also need to stop acting like it's all Brenkos fault for our poor defence on that edge. Our forwards can't contain the oppositions forwards so their outside backs are usually hitting us off the back of a shitload of momentum. Holland and Frawley are also just as poor as Lee defensively and this also plays a part. Out right edge defence has been fucked for a while now no matter who plays there, so theres also obvious issues with our defensive systems.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1.B.Moz
2.Montoya
3.J.Moz
4.Hopoate
5.Lee
6.Reynolds
7.Frawley
9.Mbye

I think thats our best backline with what we've got. How can an armchair commentator see that but a man who is paid 1mil a year and lives and breathes it cant is beyond me

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you remember Lee on the wing earlier in the year? Bloody awful.

He needs to be next to someone like BMoz to keep yelling at him how to defend. Eventually it'll sink in and he'll be much better for it.
I thought the only time he played wing was mid game when Holland went down. Other than that he has been in the centres hasn't he?

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I thought the only time he played wing was mid game when Holland went down. Other than that he has been in the centres hasn't he?
Seen him score 4 tries in a game for Raiders on the wing.
He also let in 4 or more. Too slow to turn and chase. Was easily exploited with a few deft kicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.