"I never wanted to leave" - Hard to read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
In a perfect world it would have been nice to keep him but he doesn't have the talent to break the bank for. At 28 he's at the peak of his powers and he will start to regress when he losses pace and he will always be a mistimed tackle away from a shoulder reconstruction.

Others have said Josh should be getting money similar to Mbye and we already have made a mistake paying Moses big bucks we can't make it worse by over paying Reynolds too.

I wish him all the best and a fresh start for the club and Josh is probably what everyone needs.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always thought Reynolds was our next Terry Lamb and he would go on to captain our club and be integral to premiership success and this was still when he had first burst onto the scene and barely out of reserve grade.

I still hope he can make it count this year and I thank him for his passion, service to our club and the off field community work he's done especially with hospital patients etc.

He'll be missed
Local Junior
Played for Wests
Played for Bulldogs
Plays 5/8

Sounds like the next Baa to me.

In all seriousness hope he has a great final season here and good luck to him. Glad that he is getting a great pay day for his final contract.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Reynolds never thought he'd leave and was willing to stay for less money. He was willing to stay on a deal with a shorter commitment than the one on the table at the Tigers. But when people at his own club were telling him he couldn't turn down the offer at the Wests Tigers, he knew his time was up.

What a load of fucking BS.

If he wanted to stay, he could have re - signed for less.

I hate it when players do the, I was willing to sacrifice everything to stay, but then sign elsewhere.
Entitled to your opinion, but a bit rich ( pardon the pun) coming from a supporter of a team who has the art of accepting ( much) less to actually stay at their club down to a fine art.;););):tonguewink::tonguewink::tonguewink:

Irks me that the Broncos pay their players MORE in third party deals than they do with their allotted cap money. Why would they sign anywhere else?

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who are you to say what he's worth ?
You probaby think houses are still selling for 300k in belmore.
Reynolds is not worth 750k or 900k. That's crazy money for someone that can't guide a team around the park or keep himself calm.

Yes we overpaid for Mbye but everyone including club legends were all saying we can't lose another Thurston so we took a punt with Melb also trying to sign him. Mbye is younger with room for improvement and may still prove to a very good player in another position. I am hoping he gets a run at full back then if he plays well there he will be worth his contract.

For all the form comparisons between the two it would have been interesting to see how they both might have played if Mbye was selected at 5/8 and allowed to play his game and Reynolds had to play half back.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't understand how signing a 4 year contract with a shit club is a life changing decision in a positive way?

Sure he would've been paid less here at the Bulldogs. But he would have had a job for life at this club once his playing days were over. Now that's a job for life, not a quick dollar in a small period.
It's a great outcome if he still gets a job for life at our club or theirs after his playing career.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
They blew it by offering Mbye so much money, like you said no way would Reynolds agree to less then Mbye was getting.
I have on Mybe's case here on the Kennel now, this is the second season.

I think it is so important that we try to move him on that if any other club is interested we chip in so that he can go.

I guess it's unlikely? But he has been the worst "big signing" the club has ever made and that includes Williams.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IT IS NOT SIMPLE AS THAT.

yeah he would accept 500ks when dud Mbye is receiving 800ks given by the very same club.

Tell me again why and how Ennis left the club who also wanted to stay.

this club has been killing us fans by rewarding mediocrity and leaving nothing in wallet for more important players.

Fuck Raelene, the board and and most importantly Fuck Des!

Dude, you need to let the Ennis thing go. i was a fan too and sad to see him go but it's over.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Read it again. Barring the mother part, it's kinda like breaking up with your first love... you think you'll never find another but time goes and you meet more people.

I think josh will continue to admire the club but he will get better. 700k would help a lot.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In a perfect world it would have been nice to keep him but he doesn't have the talent to break the bank for. At 28 he's at the peak of his powers and he will start to regress when he losses pace and he will always be a mistimed tackle away from a shoulder reconstruction.

Others have said Josh should be getting money similar to Mbye and we already have made a mistake paying Moses big bucks we can't make it worse by over paying Reynolds too.

I wish him all the best and a fresh start for the club and Josh is probably what everyone needs.
Ive always said Reynolds would get better as he aged because mentally his a late developer. Maybe him slowing down is his own blessing... time will tell i guess.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You are quite correct. Watched the interview and I must admit it brought a tear to my eye. Honest, open, no bullshit from a guy who is man enough to admit that perhaps he has not been what the club required to get the job done but nonetheless bears no ill will towards anyone for the way things have played out.
Players come and go all the time, but it cuts particularly deep when it is someone who prided himself on trying to do his best at all times and who judged himself more harshly than others looking from the outside in. Yep, not a marquee player, not the best player to ever lace up a boot for the Dogs, but one who showed that he would always do his best to use his enthusiasm and dare I say it, passion for the club that he has spent the last fourteen years at.

I thought he handled the interview well and what particularly took my attention was his feeling of actually having let his team mates down with the decision made. He took counsel from James Graham and others who told him to do what was best for him here and now, best for himself for the future.

I will miss Grub; Grub who has thrilled us at times , thrown us to the pits of despair on others with his brain explosions , but always tried his best to do whatever he could to get us a result.

My mind will always cast back to that evening at Belmore against the ;Round 16 2015, where the crowd as one chanted his name. encouraging the coach to get him on the field. I watched him as he nervously trotted up and down the sideline eager to get out there and do his bit for the side. In all my years of watching the Dogs play I had never encountered anything like it before and in all honestly may never do again. The love for the guy was never more evident in that moment and say what you will, even if you don't like him it was something special.

Hope that this year can be something really special for us all and that the team can get the job done. Nothing would be more fitting than a GF appearance and win. Fairy tale stuff you might say but wouldn't it be sweet?
Agree totally with what you said. I've always had a soft spot for the kid. Not the best player but one who left nothing on the paddock every game. I think we had to change halves, given the way the game has gone in the past 5 years. Another Reynolds will come along hopefully sooner rather than later but they always do. In the meantime I hope he kills it with the Tigers given their different style.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't understand how signing a 4 year contract with a shit club is a life changing decision in a positive way?

Sure he would've been paid less here at the Bulldogs. But he would have had a job for life at this club once his playing days were over. Now that's a job for life, not a quick dollar in a small period.
What makes you think he won't have a job here after footy. He's been here for 14 years. Just because his last 3 or 4 are elsewhere won't impact on that. May even increase his value off the field.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Entitled to your opinion, but a bit rich ( pardon the pun) coming from a supporter of a team who has the art of accepting ( much) less to actually stay at their club down to a fine art.;););):tonguewink::tonguewink::tonguewink:

Irks me that the Broncos pay their players MORE in third party deals than they do with their allotted cap money. Why would they sign anywhere else?
But it is coming back to bite the donkeys. They said on fox last night that a few of Milfords TPA's weren't honoured and thats why he is baulking at re-signing. Wants guarantees around his money otherwise he walks.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe he can come back after the four years and play a season back with us. Finish his career where he always belonged. He will be missed. But it's for the best. Foran is a class above. Nobody can doubt that.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But it is coming back to bite the donkeys. They said on fox last night that a few of Milfords TPA's weren't honoured and thats why he is baulking at re-signing. Wants guarantees around his money otherwise he walks.
He must have changed his mind in about 48 hours.

Subscriber only

ANTHONY Milford will be selected for Samoa but the Brisbane five-eighth claims “the Broncos pay the bills” and he is no certainty play.

Milford was the centre of a representative storm last year after withdrawing from the Pacific Test against Tonga.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...d/news-story/a3fd9deff72e39d6138ddd6520e847b3

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He must have changed his mind in about 48 hours.

Subscriber only

ANTHONY Milford will be selected for Samoa but the Brisbane five-eighth claims “the Broncos pay the bills” and he is no certainty play.

Milford was the centre of a representative storm last year after withdrawing from the Pacific Test against Tonga.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...d/news-story/a3fd9deff72e39d6138ddd6520e847b3
Two different things. He hasn't signed for next year has he?? That is apparently because of the dishonoured TPA's in his current contract and his manager wanting the new contract to reflect the money that he wants rather than most of it coming from under the table.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
@Oatley Dog

Just realised who said that about Milford.

Tallis wouldn't know if his arse was on fire & he had lit it himself.

I will wait until other media talk about before listening to Tallis.

Pretty sure most players etc don't even talk to Tallis.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bulldogs offered Reynolds what he's worth.

Wests offered overs.

Reynold took overs.
That's all it comes down to in the end. I don't blame Reynolds or the Bulldogs. Business is business.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Reynolds just confirmed Foran has signed

Sorry all I gleaned from this

Status
Not open for further replies.