Not open for further replies.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Reynolds is a lunatic.

Yes he is a Bulldog through and through (Except for when he was a Rooster :P) but I just don't think he is the answer for our team moving forward and he is asking for way too much money.

I honestly would love to see our team being organised by Foran, with Mbye as the running 5/8. I think Mbye would play a lot better if he didn't have the pressure of being the organiser. If Frawley can step up his game we could maybe go with him and Foran with Mbye in some other position but I honestly think Frawley is a fair ways off being a premiership winning half.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
funny how so many people are coming out and saying now that they didnt want Ennis gone, but 3 years ago they were no where to be seen. lol

Also they keep saying , we can not offer 750k to Reynolds but we can pay 800ks for next 4 years to dud Mbye who doesnt even know which position he is good at.

actually no one knows if he is good at all and we offered him 800ks!

trex was signed on massive deals as well.

between them two we have let go players who have proven themselves at other clubs to be far better than what the imposter coach thought of them
Wasn't on the Kennel 3 years ago when Ennis left.

As others have already said why keep making the same mistake just because it was made once. If 500k-600k figures on here are accurate that's great money for a player of his quality and ability.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Although your commenting you mustn't have read every post, I have already gone on record to admit I was wrong about Ennis's form. At that stage no-one knew or only suspected that it was Des fuckin peoples careers. I wasn't wrong that he was bad for discipline and penalties though. Next.

Reynolds I have always commended for his passion and it's second to none, wish we could bottle it. Unfortunately he just does not have enough talent to command massive money and take up the crucial position in the halves. How many years of chances does he need? He has played well lately...only because of Frawley and that's not good enough. If I was him I would take the extra 250k aswell. My mind was decided after his numerous tripping offences.

I hope JR goes great at the Tigers, I really do. His style may suit the Tigpies...maybe?

I will go further on record and already have, Des is the main reason so many players can't fire. He promotes a counterproductive style to footy players more a kin to players without any talent to offer. Frawley will be a test case I think, if he ever plays him properly.

thats exactly my point.

Why squeeze out one of the only players who brings something to Dogs and keep the duds on massive money.

Where is the accountability for Des and recruitment team here? who the fuck is making the decisions.

Who knows what dogs offered to Reynolds and how significantly less it was in comparison to tigers offer.

We all know how the club disrespected the club legend in Ennis by giving him 2 years worth way less than what he deserved and gave a rookie almost the same amount.

If we had not signed Mbye few months ago on a massive amount , we had plenty of money left in the cap to resign a better player who has actually won us games over the years.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I have little doubt Reynolds will be a better player under Cleary, but Frawley and Foran are still better options.

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have little doubt Reynolds will be a better player under Cleary, but Frawley and Foran are still better options.
I agree. Don't think he will be a world beater but Brookes will control the team and Reynolds will be able to play off the back of that

Will be interesting though to see how he does play and what improvement he does show under the coaching of cleary

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As per the latest news , dogs have given the flick to Josh Reynolds. Now I want to ask all the haters what are yous gonna do and say if Reynolds absolutely kills it ala Mick Ennis, wins the Dally M and or a premiership at Tigers in next 2 years?

I hope yous all put your hand up and confess that you were all wrong about him.

I am still waiting for the people who did that too Ennis 3 years ago on this very same forum.
For me it doesn't work like that. Same with Mick Ennis... sometimes a player stagnates at a club. It is not surprising when they do better elsewhere. And I'm happy to accept Des' responsibility for that.

I am saying if we can offer Mbye 800k , then Reynolds deserves 750ks.

obviously management/ Des stuffed up.

I said that before if Reynolds get squeezed out, Des goes with him

Reynolds is not the reason why we play shit and over pay dud players..
Agree that Des is to blame for Mbye squeezing Reynolds out. Having said that, even if Mbye wasn't on 800K (is he really on that? I'm not convinced), Reynolds isn't a 700K player.

He played 6 years in a blue ribbon position

and failed

good riddance
That's unnecessary. I don't understand how people can be so brutal when judging achievements. If I was so inclined, I could dig up forum posts claiming that no-one would want Reynolds and that all the other coaches wouldn't go near. Yet he's found a club, regardless of what you think of the Tigers, very quickly. I'm convinced that the same Bennett that signed up Benji Marshal, he would have gone after Reynolds if he compromised on his asking price.

Reynolds was a contributor, with mixed consistency, to a team that made two Grand Finals and finals footy every season since 2012. He plays with passion, and is not devoid of skill. He's no failure.

I'm sad to see him go, but I know he needs to go. For two reasons. Reason one is that its the right time for the reshape of our team to challenge for a premiership. Des has his contract extension, and he is a coach with the capacity to take us to there.

But the second reason sadly came in the last game against the Tigers. The try that sealed it for the Tigers raised two deficiencies, we've all known about mind you, in Reynolds game, that can't be sorted out.

The first, he rushes out to prevent the kick with the requisite urgency. That's good for me. But either he is too dumb, or too inable to adjust for the high risk outcome, which occurred, that the kicker baulks and now you've exposed your line to a backline movement close to the try line.

The second, I feel sympathy for him here, but he'll never get that instinct to trip out of his game, as his desperation from that rushing out against the Tigers triggered. The way football commentators make out like this is the most heinous thing to do is why he has my sympathy. I've never understood why it's such a big deal. At least not the way he's been pinged for it. It's just a stigma around it, but objectively, is it really that much different than an ankle tap? But I'll yield on this because I'm going to cop a lot of emotive responses to this. Again, because of the stigma.

Regardless, it's never going to get it out of his game, and other players manage to keep it out of their game. So let it be some other clubs problem. It's the only thing about "Grub" that pains me about his in your face style.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
thats exactly my point.

Why squeeze out one of the only players who brings something to Dogs and keep the duds on massive money.

Where is the accountability for Des and recruitment team here? who the fuck is making the decisions.

Who knows what dogs offered to Reynolds and how significantly less it was in comparison to tigers offer.

We all know how the club disrespected the club legend in Ennis by giving him 2 years worth way less than what he deserved and gave a rookie almost the same amount.

If we had not signed Mbye few months ago on a massive amount , we had plenty of money left in the cap to resign a better player who has actually won us games over the years.
Enthusiasm alone isn't enough to warrant keeping Reynolds, no-one more than me wishes he had the talent to go with it.

Their has been bugger all accountability for our Coach, I wanted him gone for this year, I agree.

Moving Reynolds on is (what I am hoping) is a sign that we are moving in a better position, if Foran is true that that is a massive leap forward.

Ennis isn't and wasn't a club legend, common you give that title away too lightly. Don't be sad for him, he finished his career winning a premiership, we couldn't give him that.

I think we have the opportunity to save the Mbye decision by moving him to a position he can actually play, all on Des for that. I think Mbye could play FB, Centre or Hooker and play them to a very high standard. He is part of the jigsaw puzzle or solution for us I think.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is where Hasler's choir go quiet. They'll never address the incompetence hes demonstrated in recruitment and player management. It's just a non issue so long as we make the top 50% of teams at the end of the regular season. Average is enough for them.

This year, when they bust out of the finals, they'll pat themselves on the back and say at least we made the finals, better luck next year. Like they said last year, and the year before, and the year before, and the year before, and the year before.

joedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Reynolds has signed with the tigers he's gunna stick it up our ass next year when he plays us mark my words he will make sure tigers dont loose to us. Not saying the club f#$@ed up letting him go but its gunna be shit playing against him.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If Reynolds has signed with the tigers he's gunna stick it up our ass next year when he plays us mark my words he will make sure tigers dont loose to us. Not saying the club f#$@ed up letting him go but its gunna be shit playing against him.
Why? We carried him in the side for 6+ years and he got a $3 million deal long term deal for it. He should be kissing the clubs fucking feet.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Bmoz (hoppa)
6. Mbye
7. Foran
9. Lichaa

Lichaa and Foran have the same manager... wouldnt be suprised if Foran agreed to a contract only of Lichaa was re-signed.

*disclaimer: journos dont use this. Speculation, nothing concrete***

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Reynolds should go to the tigers.

Last weekend sealed the deal for me.. a few plays left and the dogs had to make it happen, what did reynolds do? give it to frawley to put up a bomb, the least experienced member of the team..
Did u see him tell frawley to bomb it?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
1. Bmoz (hoppa)
6. Mbye
7. Foran
9. Lichaa

Lichaa and Foran have the same manager... wouldnt be suprised if Foran agreed to a contract only of Lichaa was re-signed.

*disclaimer: journos dont use this. Speculation, nothing concrete***
Doubtful.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Reynolds is more bulldogs than the fucking bulldogs are these days. This. Is. A. Fucking. Disgrace.

Fuck you Hasler you nose whistling dipshit.

Last edited:

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As per the latest news , dogs have given the flick to Josh Reynolds. Now I want to ask all the haters what are yous gonna do and say if Reynolds absolutely kills it ala Mick Ennis, wins the Dally M and or a premiership at Tigers in next 2 years?

I hope yous all put your hand up and confess that you were all wrong about him.

I am still waiting for the people who did that too Ennis 3 years ago on this very same forum.
I agree with you 100%, I tell you what this fucking Foren better work out because we a losing our best player & a true Bulldog It's funny how other teams can recognise talent & fill the positions they need to fill but not Des we buy willy nilly, Great Swop - Ennis for Lichaa now Reynolds for Woods, WTF is happening to our club, so all you Reynolds bashers I hope your all happy now but I promise you this will come back and bite us on the bum, Just like the brilliant decision to get rid of Jonathan Thurston, Congratulations Josh right decision to leave This nut house of a Club being run by Fucking Idiots I wish you well & thankyou 4 all the memories & your 110% effort in every game you played another sad day at Belmore

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
SO in all this, haven we officially signed a replacement or cant our "Family" Club provide any information yet??

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's a short TRIP from Belmore to Leichardt!

How fucked are we if the Foran deal is not signed off on, and we don't nab him.

6. Mbye
7. Frawley
9. Lichaa

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.