Josh Reynolds (Departing) Consolidated SUPER THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

timetopisshasleroff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
At The end of the day im happy for him to earn that sort of coin, i would have loved to see him stay, but he is his own man & i know he is probably a $600-$650k player max ,good luck to josh, its sad to lose a player/person like josh.
Guess i know how the tigers fans feel.
I think there is some deadwood that needs to go also, tolman mybe etc.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
funny how so many people are coming out and saying now that they didnt want Ennis gone, but 3 years ago they were no where to be seen. lol

Also they keep saying , we can not offer 750k to Reynolds but we can pay 800ks for next 4 years to dud Mbye who doesnt even know which position he is good at.

actually no one knows if he is good at all and we offered him 800ks!

trex was signed on massive deals as well.

between them two we have let go players who have proven themselves at other clubs to be far better than what the imposter coach thought of them

Brendan07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
At The end of the day im happy for him to earn that sort of coin, i would have loved to see him stay, but he is his own man & i know he is probably a $600-$650k ,good luck to josh, its sad to lose a player/person like josh.
Guess i know how the tigers fans feel.
Rather pay Reynolds that amount than Mybe at least. I don't get this decision one bit.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
See ya josh thanks for your service. I love ur passion. Time to move on take the money and set yourself up. You seem like a decent young man. Its probaly ur last decent contract do no shame in chasing the cash. ..

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
What's he going to win it with, his passing or kicking game ?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But the club reportedly did offer him 500k? A fair offer for what he brings. He got offered bigger money and he took it. Unfortunatley for Grub, we paid overs for Mbye and it wasnt gunna happen again.
Club offered 450-500k
I'm 100% of this

He didn't stay with us
He took the 750 and ran

Can't blame him but plz don't say he would've stayed for less Coz he loves the club

250kx4 years is a million dollars
He ain't going to love the club that much lol

Sherlock Holmes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Did i say i know? I don't know how much he signed for, all i know is that i have been told a few different figures from people that apparently are in the know on here and in person and none of those figures were 800k for this season.
So what you're saying is that you don't know the amount mbye signed for , therefore you're unable to correct anybody on what he did or didn't sign for ??

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Although your commenting you mustn't have read every post, I have already gone on record to admit I was wrong about Ennis's form. At that stage no-one knew or only suspected that it was Des fuckin peoples careers. I wasn't wrong that he was bad for discipline and penalties though. Next.

Reynolds I have always commended for his passion and it's second to none, wish we could bottle it. Unfortunately he just does not have enough talent to command massive money and take up the crucial position in the halves. How many years of chances does he need? He has played well lately...only because of Frawley and that's not good enough. If I was him I would take the extra 250k aswell. My mind was decided after his numerous tripping offences.

I hope JR goes great at the Tigers, I really do. His style may suit the Tigpies...maybe?

I will go further on record and already have, Des is the main reason so many players can't fire. He promotes a counterproductive style to footy players more a kin to players without any talent to offer. Frawley will be a test case I think, if he ever plays him properly.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did i say i know? I don't know how much he signed for, all i know is that i have been told a few different figures from people that apparently are in the know on here and in person and none of those figures were 800k for this season.
Lol so how the fuck do you know he didnt sign for 800k if you don't don't how much he signed for? Lol

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I am saying if we can offer Mbye 800k , then Reynolds deserves 750ks.
Brian Waldron is that you?

Just because we have given one player serious overs, doesnt mean we have to pay everyone overs. Otherwise we'll be paying Abbey 400k and we will run out of first grade quality players in the bottom half of our squad.

That said, I am a Reynolds fan for all the reasons you've mentioned following this qoute I've bolded.
He is good but he isnt 750k good. Tigers may get the buy of the year, but just as much chance he is the worst signing of the year. Thats the problem. You dont risk that cash when you arent sure. Billy Slater at last contract is on 800k and Cam smith not alot more.

Reynolds is a 600k player if I had to valuate him.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need to make more room for more signings
It's a results based business these days
Deal with it

Everyone waned change incl myself
Short term pain for long term gain

Expect Tolman Eastwood lichaa hoppa and to be in diff colours next season

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So what you're saying is that you don't know the amount mbye signed for , therefore you're unable to correct anybody on what he did or didn't sign for ??
I'm confident enough in what i have been told to know what he isn't on.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good luck to him - plays with enthusiasm and passion but his passing, kicking and organising are not worth the money quoted. Hopefully he plays out of his skin for the rest of the year.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Disagree he will be missed but he is not worth more than 500k. The club did the right thing for a change. Foran is worth a gamble. BTW i still think Des is a **** and want to see the back of him. If we win a premiership I will happily say I was wrong.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
As per the latest news , dogs have given the flick to Josh Reynolds. Now I want to ask all the haters what are yous gonna do and say if Reynolds absolutely kills it ala Mick Ennis, wins the Dally M and or a premiership at Tigers in next 2 years?

I hope yous all put your hand up and confess that you were all wrong about him.

I am still waiting for the people who did that too Ennis 3 years ago on this very same forum.
Mate, what did Ennis do or achieve with his career prior to Des Hasler? He was shopped around from club to club....

He played 2 years of good footy over a combined 10 or 11 year career. He reached his so called peak at the last two years of his career.

Good luck to Reynolds.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Has any of these signings actually been confirmed by clubs yet, or is this more Media Bullshit.
Most of what I hear hasnt been true, not a fan of this rumour either. If it is, either way good luck to him. But I am a fan of the kid.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Such as the Media and NRL release of "Tigers sign Matulino" None of this for anyone surrounding our club is there??

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate, what did Ennis do or achieve with his career prior to Des Hasler? He was shopped around from club to club....

He played 2 years of good footy over a combined 10 or 11 year career. He reached his so called peak at the last two years of his career.

Good luck to Reynolds.
he won a Dally M with us too.

Des tried to destroy his career and fortunately for him he signed with cronulla and still delivered at old age.

goes to show that with a decent coach Ennis would have achieved bigger heights and may be a premiership at Dogs too.

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Club offered 450-500k
I'm 100% of this

He didn't stay with us
He took the 750 and ran

Can't blame him but plz don't say he would've stayed for less Coz he loves the club

250kx4 years is a million dollars
He ain't going to love the club that much lol
hahaha i think sometimes fans passion for the club clouds reality

No one in their right mind would turn down that sort of money

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He cashed in on an over exuberant market for halves and good luck to him

The dogs did offer him a more than fair contract

He went to tigers and like I said can't blame him

Club is bigger than any nuptie
He won't win a comp at the Tigers lol