Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2017/04/26/reynolds_to_leave_be.html

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs five-eighth Josh Reynolds is to leave the club at the end of the 2017 season after signing a four year deal with the Wests Tigers.

The move comes after negotiations had taken place in recent weeks with the Bulldogs being unable to match the terms of the contract offered by the Tigers.

Chief Executive Raelene Castle summed up the feelings of all supporters in regard to Reynolds leaving the club: "It is extremely sad that Josh is leaving the club. He embodies what it means to be a Bulldog and has always worn his heart on his sleeve and played with the utmost courage and passion. We have tremendous admiration for what he has done both on the field and in the community. Josh is a loyal person and a local junior so this was not a decision that was taken lightly.”

“The harsh realities of the commercial marketplace and a salary cap system mean that this is a fantastic offer for Josh and leaves him in a position where he can secure his future and the Club is completely supportive of his decision.”

Coach Des Hasler also expressed his disappointment at seeing Reynolds move on: "Josh is an outstanding footballer and a quality human being. He is incredibly well respected by our playing group and someone who has made an enormous contribution to the Bulldogs on and off the field. I know that Josh is dedicated to this team and will finish the season strongly.”

Reynolds, spoke highly of his time with the Bulldogs: “I have had a fantastic time with the Bulldogs and loved every minute of it. The mates I have made from here will be mates forever and this is all that really matters to me. The decision was the toughest I have ever had to make in my whole life but I wish the Bulldogs the best in the future. It is important for the club and myself that we focus everything on the team playing good football and finishing the season strongly. To everyone who has supported me through my career at the Bulldogs I am highly appreciative and it will never be forgotten."

As per the latest news , dogs have given the flick to Josh Reynolds. Now I want to ask all the haters what are yous gonna do and say if Reynolds absolutely kills it ala Mick Ennis, wins the Dally M and or a premiership at Tigers in next 2 years?

I hope yous all put your hand up and confess that you were all wrong about him.

I am still waiting for the people who did that too Ennis 3 years ago on this very same forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Big if.

What if he fails miserably and quits football altogether?

If tigers win the comp in the next 2 years I'll walk backwards from Canberra to concord with clampsnon my ballbag.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you saying we should have matched the tigers offer of 750k?
I am saying if we can offer Mbye 800k , then Reynolds deserves 750ks.

obviously management/ Des stuffed up.

I said that before if Reynolds get squeezed out, Des goes with him

Reynolds is not the reason why we play shit and over pay dud players..

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Big if.

What if he fails miserably and quits football altogether?

If tigers win the comp in the next 2 years I'll walk backwards from Canberra to concord with clampsnon my ballbag.

big calls were made about Ennis and Cronulla too.

I wish i can bring back all the posts from 3 years ago.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

But we didn't offer Mbye 800k.

silva

Utility
Reaction score

If we offer him 750k then we probably cant afford foran or cronk. Do you still think we should give him 750k? Cos I don't

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If we offer him 750k then we probably cant afford foran or cronk. Do you still think we should give him 750k? Cos I don't

yeah i think so , shop around mbye.

Reynolds has already proven that he is a match winner next to a quality half in Frawley.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you saying we should have matched the tigers offer of 750k?
Maybe not but is Mbye worth this? Very very poor recruitment is seeing our club being torn down the middle and dividing fans. Only one thing has to happen and that's a premiership in the next 2yrs nothing less.

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
at the end of the day he is asking to much money and the halves haven't work so you have to get rid of him if he was playing for the broncos he would of been shown the door after 6 months

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
at the end of the day he is asking to much money and the halves haven't work so you have to get rid of him if he was playing for the broncos he would of been shown the door after 6 months

yeah cos Broncos do have a super coach.

we have the career killer impostering as a coach.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Maybe not but is Mbye worth this? Very very poor recruitment is seeing our club being torn down the middle and dividing fans. Only one thing has to happen and that's a premiership in the next 2yrs nothing less.
Definitely not. Neither is worth 750k.

Status
Not open for further replies.