Cronk, can we...??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Going?

Just like last week, missing in action. He has lost it and has a non-existent kicking game. Foran is a 6 & not a 7

He has been schooled by Cronk tonight.

Give me Cronk anyday of the week!
The bloke has a dud hamstring. He shouldn't have played last week and is no doubt hampered by it this week. Let's see how he goes throughout the season before turning him into a Lichaa. he is in the top 5 footballers in the world when he is fit. He made DCE look good and before he got hurt at Parra he was on fire.

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes I did but he does have a hamstring problem so I wouldn't read too much into it. Foran has been the reason why they have played so well. He goes to the line, straightens the attack, kicks higher and further than Cronk and gives Johnson time to do what he does best. If he does that for us and only being 26 instead of 33, he would do me.
Foran has passed his use by date and Foran has absolutely nothing over Cronk.

As someone else mentioned Cronk plays like a 20 year old and is superfit. Foran has issues with both shoulders and a hamstring. Foran aint worth 300k.

Cronk leaves Foran for dead

Cooper Cronk, Jonathan Thurston --------------------------> Daylight

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Foran has been junk.

If you are currently watching the game with both your eyes open and have an idea of how a halfback plays and organises his side, you would realise that you are watching the Master (Cronk) against the side kick (Foran).

Cronk looks and plays like a 28 year old while Foran looks like he is about to hit retirement.
Cronk is a more complete player but foran is not junk. The warriors lost tonight because the storm are fitter and a more disciplined outfit. The warriors give away too many penalties and drop too much ball. Foran does a lot for their attack with his direct running to the line and makes Johnson better. He's had time out if the game he did look a bit unfit but that can be fixed.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
It would be a quick fix to try & jag a premiership. If he comes, Frawley either stays in reggies 1-2 years or leaves.
Kimmorley was a quick fix & who knows what could've happened in 09 if he & Patten weren't injured.
Cronk seems to be heading into his twilight very quickly though.
With the Raelene blueprint thing, She needs a premiership fast.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The bloke has a dud hamstring. He shouldn't have played last week and is no doubt hampered by it this week. Let's see how he goes throughout the season before turning him into a Lichaa. he is in the top 5 footballers in the world when he is fit. He made DCE look good and before he got hurt at Parra he was on fire.
Lol I reckon

All the Foran haters

Ok let's stick with Mbye at 7 Reynolds at 6

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cronk is a more complete player but foran is not junk. The warriors lost tonight because the storm are fitter and a more disciplined outfit. The warriors give away too many penalties and drop too much ball. Foran does a lot for their attack with his direct running to the line and makes Johnson better. He's had time out if the game he did look a bit unfit but that can be fixed.
Lost tonight because Addo Carr went into touch but play on....

silva

Utility
Reaction score
The warriors were terrible when we played them. They have improved tenfold since foran came. You can even see the level of respect his teammates have for him and how they're playing better.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I know it doesn't look likely, but with the players we have off contract, the salary cap increasing, and if the rumours are true of us shopping Eastwood, Tolman and Kasiano around, is there still room for Cronk?
I know with losing players also the problem we'll have is still having to pay 30 guys still to fill our roster.

I just think maybe... maybe we may still be sniffing around in case he likes what he sees with our next year's roster, he may take slightly less to play in a premiership contending team.

It may be "pie in the sky", but I thought I'd put it out there.
Remember the cap will increase by 1.5. Or 2mil but also the squad goes from 25 to 30 players. And also the increase may not all.be to players as $ could be in benefits.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran more skill than Cronk?

Did you see Cronk leave Foran for dead when Cronk scored the try? Foran looked like he was running in quicksand

Foran has done SFA tonight, has been a passenger
Foran was rubbish tonight. I don't have faith in him leading us to a grand final in his current state.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Foran more skill than Cronk?

Did you see Cronk leave Foran for dead when Cronk scored the try? Foran looked like he was running in quicksand

Foran has done SFA tonight, has been a passenger
Bullshit! if Foran didn't play then Storm wins by 20 points easy! did you actually watch the game? why did you think he was a passenger?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cronk is top shelf no doubt.
But we have to remember he's always played in every side Storm Qld Australia with the greatest number 9 and arguably the greatest number 1 with him which would make life a whole much easier

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Both warriors tries were on the back of forans direct playmaking.
Maybe if you understood this game you could see the storm were playing at a faster pace due to their superior fitness, and also make less errors.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes I did but he does have a hamstring problem so I wouldn't read too much into it. Foran has been the reason why they have played so well. He goes to the line, straightens the attack, kicks higher and further than Cronk and gives Johnson time to do what he does best. If he does that for us and only being 26 instead of 33, he would do me.
Foran averages 4-5 kicks per game. Even while he was playing for Manly he averaged 4-5 kicks per game. Cronk averages 15-16 kicks per game.

I wouldn't rely on Foran for his kicking.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe if you understood this game you could see the storm were playing at a faster pace due to their superior fitness, and also make less errors.
It's obvious how much space he creates for Sj and RTS and outside backs

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Foran was rubbish tonight. I don't have faith in him leading us to a grand final in his current state.
Foran was good when he was at Manly and thats where it stops.

His body has been bashed and trashed and he is mentally destroyed.

Hamstrings are probably the worst injuries to have in any sport where you are constantly running. Just have a look at how many games Jarrod Mullen and Justin Hodges have missed throughout their careers due to dodgy hammys. They both retired due to their hammys and Mullen went to the extent of getting on the gear hoping to strengthen his legs because of his hammys.

Foran has been through all sorts of ordeals with the worst being his partner leaving him and taking his kids away. That totally screws a bloke and leaves him scarred for life, in whatever capacity. He will never be the same as he once was and he will never perform like he once did. He wont be the first or the last.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon Cronk if moving in to a media career with fox, he's in no hurry to sign anywhere and the cash is drying up fast

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Warriors first try was Foran to Johnson who drew the defenders, Johnson passed to the centre who stepped inside, drew the defenders then passed to the Fusitua. Foran had no influence on that try.

The second try was Foran to Johnson who drew the defenders, then passed it to RTS who threw a cut out pass for Fusitua.

Foran had nothing to do with those tries. He didn't even draw defenders. He caught the ball then passed it along. Johnson and the others were the ones that set up those tries.

Watch the highlights.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hahahahahahahaha

What were you watching? lol

Both trys came off the back off Johnson and RTS. Just the presence of Johnson and RTS draws in defenders.

Get your hand off it

Status
Not open for further replies.