Josh Reynolds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
That seems like what this board most players they don't want, offer them something they know won't be accepted. They don't have the guts just to say you're not in our plans.
They are a tad nervous of backlash as fans hold him in high regard. I think players know when they get offered no were near or even remotely close to what they are asking it's time to move on. Happens a lot no just at our club. But it is a weak move.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bye bye josh would love to see Frawley and Foran as our halves

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well we would get him for free. The Knights dumped him because he does nothing every game.
Hard to do anything on two dodgy knees, when your forward pack is garbage and your best players are in the outside backs (Gagai and Ross).

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
He wont do better than that money-wise

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I have always said josh is our heart on the field. But watching how we play, we need a roster overhaul. So if it means joshy goes, the morris boys and a couple of fat lazy forwards than so be it. We need a General and an edge forward plus bits and pieces.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hard to do anything on two dodgy knees, when your forward pack is garbage and your best players are in the outside backs (Gagai and Ross).
His knees won't get any better here and he would still have to drive the side. The sad truth is that as much as I admired Hokko he's 28 now and his body has let him down. His kicking game is ordinary, he can't take on the line and his passing is often under pressure. He was a marquee signing designed to bring on the kids and he hasn't done that. That's why they replaced him in the halves with a second rower. Not even another half.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd want JR to stay over Lichaa, Mbye, Hoppa, Eastwood and Tolman. If they get rid of these guys first and then JR I'd say fair enough but if he goes before them then we are a laughing stock in retention and recruitment. For his own benefit and his footy to progress maybe Cleary will take it to another level.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
lol let's see if his passion and his blue and white blood will mean he rejects the Tigers offer and signs for unders with us. lol don't let the door hit you on your way out ****.

Wally D

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/cou...s/news-story/99e7df87db2f00b3405b119d5270d04e

"Media Watch: Wests Tigers make huge $3m play for Bulldogs five-eighth Josh Reynolds
April 24, 2017 7:44pm
Staff writersFOX SPORTS
IT’S being reported the Wests Tigers have made a monster offer to Josh Reynolds in an effort to lure him away from Belmore.

Channel Seven says the Tigers have offered the Bulldogs five-eighth a contract worth $3 million over four years.

While Canterbury is trying to keep the playmaker, Channel Seven reports their offer to Reynolds is worth half as much of that from the Tigers.

Reynolds’ future at Belmore is uncertain as he’s off-contract and the club has recruited international half Kieran Foran for 2018 and beyond."

-------

Reynolds has been a loyal servant to us over the years, but it's time for him to look after his own insterests.

The dogs cannot and should not match what the tigers have tabled, with Foran, Frawley and Mbye in contention. He will be better utilised at the Tigers.

Last edited:

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If this is for real, he'd be mad not to take it.
I can't imagine another team desperate enough to offer a deal like that.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd want JR to stay over Lichaa, Mbye, Hoppa, Eastwood and Tolman. If they get rid of these guys first and then JR I'd say fair enough but if he goes before them then we are a laughing stock in retention and recruitment. For his own benefit and his footy to progress maybe Cleary will take it to another level.
I agree to a certain degree. That degree is about 500k. When it reaches nearly a million a season, it's time to wave goodbye.

Reynolds is one of my favourite players, but he's not worth $3 Mil over 4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.