Will we see Lichaa in FG again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If haslee actually fixed clear and present issues in a timely manner, I bet half the fans would be more tolerant towards him.. but the fact that he continues to persist with proven failures frustrates the f#ck out of me.. especially when we know now for a fact that we have a better combination.
Ive said it for years, i want to like Hasler but he keeps doing things to push 'us' fans away and shows zero connection with the club

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Des got it right letting Lichaa absorb the first 25 mins of physical onslaught then let Mbye slot in thereafter
For a the money mate is on he should be soaking up just as much as anyone else if not more!!

Klemhammer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You are forgetting we have a pretty handy young hooker in the lower grades who they are grooming already.
Lichaa is goooooooooooooooooonnneeee!!!!!!!
I feel like hookers aren't effective in first few years of their careers unless they are like 25ish years old

Like peats macca friend took awhile to get going

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mbye has a new spot by the looks of it.

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Des got it right letting Lichaa absorb the first 25 mins of physical onslaught then let Mbye slot in thereafter
Agree should be used defensively and as a utility unless we have better option this year.

Key thing that stood out was the better passing when Lichaa went off and the smart Mbye plays. There was one time were he threw the ball into an offside defender drawing the penalty and another moment were he gave away a penalty on our line to slow the play. Both were good decisions.

Mbyes support is also much better because he is up in the line.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thought mbye was very sharp at hooker, passing was crisp, defended well! Very smart play throwing that ball into to Souths player for penalty! I've said he would be a very very good hooker! Now if he stays the we have a hooker with attacking options!

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
you mean two brain dead passes in a row which ended up in no mans land and picked up by Rabbits, and that too at within 10 m of try line?
That first one to graham was touched by a bunny I think

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mbye did well in attack but he missed 4 tackles at 9 in 55 mins. Can't win games consistently if your centre is opening up like that.
He's gone from touching the ball a few times a game at half back to touching it 100 times more and having to make probably triple the tackles

He will improve did very well to start

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lafai was rubbish for more than 2 years probably due to his domestic problems. I do seem to remember him being dropped a couple of times, but I also remember our backs being busted almost permanently and so we had to use him in FG. As for attack v defence, most games run pretty close to 50/50 and the only way you get more is to score more. I've already said that in attack Mbye goes well. I'm one of the few on here who actually think he is a good footballer, but look at what having poor defending little blokes does to a side that can score more points than most - The Tigers. When the opposition gets organised they will target both Mbye and Frawley if they are both on for extended periods given they are our defensive weaknesses. Say what you like about Lichaa but the kid can tackle and he is fearless in who he takes on. My observations are not that he can't adjust over time only that it will take time for him to improve.
Maybe why des suggested he could play lock

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another interesting thing I have noticed:

With Lichaa it is he doesnt have a say in decisions on field. Most number nines do communicate with the halves and demand that respect and trust from their halves aka Smith, Hodgson, McCullough, Friend, Farah, etc. The good number nines will speak with their halves alot during the game instead of going through the motions.

This is not the case unfortunately with Lichaa.

As soon as Mybe went to hooker, you could see he was speaking with the other playmakers in the squad, having a say and being an active and decisive decision maker.

With Mybe at 9, we have 3 vocal gameplay decision makers. Frawley, Mybe and Reynolds are all vocal. It made a difference!

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be honest I stood up for Lichaa last year but my patience has run out. Some of his passes this year have been atrocious.

He will struggle in any club and I can't see him improving any time. I think he was promising to begin with but Des has really got rid of any potential he did have.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are forgetting we have a pretty handy young hooker in the lower grades who they are grooming already.
Lichaa is goooooooooooooooooonnneeee!!!!!!!
Are you talking about Garvey or Woolford? either way I don't care as long as I don't have to see Lichaa again,

Reactions: DT

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately, Lichaa has become more of a problem than a help for the team.
His service & communication doesnt look to have improved over the off season.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And next week Des will pick lichha again to piss all us fans off
Absolutely Right, Maybe Des Should Piss Off, He's had a good team under his belt all this time yet he refuses to Change the balance for the benefit of the club & the thing I hate most about Lichaa is his bloody name is hard to spell & even Harder to pronounce, Why can't we have a Smith or Cook ect.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Should be pointed out Lichaa is one of 4, 80 minute hookers in the comp and is statistically a top 3 defender in the position. We'll let him go and regret it in 3 years time after spending this time on developing him

Status
Not open for further replies.