Forget Cronk - We have Frawley

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny thing is frawley would probably only be ranked ahead of mbye and renoylds in the nrl and we all have a hard on shows how desperate we are for a 7

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Its been a good few weeks for Frawley. Im excited to see a real halfback in our halves. And as others have said it also takes pressure off Reynolds and brings out his best. So it fixes the halves problem literally.

Frawleys run for his try was sublime. Then he sets one up with a cracker of a pass. Changed the game. Before he came on we were behind tonight. Maybe Des wanted to see who would play best against the same team, so its fair challenge. Frawley won that contest by miles.

He isnt there 100% in defence yet, but that's usually the hardest adjustment to make from the lower grades. He will improve there.

So yeh, Frawley has a good bomb, good grubber, good long kick, is a great passer of the ball, gets repeat sets, is a good runner of the ball, and is deceptive. Liking this guy so far!

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Surely Frawley has now cemmented the 7. I did like what I saw from Mbye in the Centres. He showed that he is a running ball player. Also Brett played well at Fullback but may be for just a game or 2 until he gets injuried.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
kennel 2015: forget anybody else, we have mbye
Difference is we liked what we saw of MBye in other positions and hoped he would be equally good at half at the time. But Frawley looks more like a halfback in 1.5 games than MBye has his whole career.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Difference is we liked what we saw of MBye in other positions and hoped he would be equally good at half at the time. But Frawley looks more like a halfback in 1.5 games than MBye has his whole career.
I'd trial mbye and Frawley next. Force mbye into a Michael Morgan type role

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its been a good few weeks for Frawley. Im excited to see a real halfback in our halves. And as others have said it also takes pressure off Reynolds and brings out his best. So it fixes the halves problem literally.

Frawleys run for his try was sublime. Then he sets one up with a cracker of a pass. Changed the game. Before he came on we were behind tonight. Maybe Des wanted to see who would play best against the same team, so its fair challenge. Frawley won that contest by miles.

He isnt there 100% in defence yet, but that's usually the hardest adjustment to make from the lower grades. He will improve there.

So yeh, Frawley has a good bomb, good grubber, good long kick, is a great passer of the ball, gets repeat sets, is a good runner of the ball, and is deceptive. Liking this guy so far!
Speaking of bombs Cleary fmd

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mbye look far more confident in the centres, he looked like a weight off his shoulders and his pace is his asset. That run down the sideline set up the winner

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If Frawley doesn't start at 7 next week des will look like an even bigger dipshit than he already does

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He plays with maturity and when you watch him you think he has been the starting half back for a couple of years.
Promising signs. How long is he contracted ?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Frawley is the answer fellas.. its rare to find a halfback that comes in and takes control the way Frawley has

If Frawley continues we really need to consider saving the million on Cronk

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Awesome start
Can't tackle though

But I can wear that
Can he kick goals

Reactions: CCC

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I'd trial mbye and Frawley next. Force mbye into a Michael Morgan type role
TBH Moses needs more space to be effective. Hes a good runner, but not a playmaker at all. Im happy with a Frawley / Reynolds combo, especially since Reynolds looks better with Frawley after such a short time, than Mbye did since being made half. Mbye should be nowhere near the halves imo. A back or running hooker, coz Lichaa is still underwhelming.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny thing is frawley would probably only be ranked ahead of mbye and renoylds in the nrl and we all have a hard on shows how desperate we are for a 7
Disagree lol the guy was thrown into a side needing to win and the most scrutinised position in our team is the 6 and 7 and he slotted in 2 times in a row and showed good composure... his good a good head on him and only compliments players like josh... look how good josh is going with pressure taken off him... only thing I'm weary about frawley is his defence. He needs to work on that and I think we have a diamond in the rough

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TBH Moses needs more space to be effective. Hes a good runner, but not a playmaker at all. Im happy with a Frawley / Reynolds combo, especially since Reynolds looks better with Frawley after such a short time, than Mbye did since being made half. Mbye should be nowhere near the halves imo. A back or running hooker, coz Lichaa is still underwhelming.
Tbh which team is gonna say, oh hi Moses we will give you more space before we start to tackle you so you can show your skills. This comment reminds me of comments people were making of Thompson blaming the opposition for not giving Thompson room to show his great slater like skills.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This reminds me a bit of 2011. We had dymock take us on a winning run and we miss out on the finals on for and against. A few weeks later we sign Hasler and dymock becomes backroom staff.

We might sign Foran or Cronk and lose Frawley in a similar situation. Either that or Hasler will persist with him off the bench. Like others have said luckily he got a chance to come on within the first 20 tonight, I doubt he would have gotten any game time if not for the injury and the way things were going unless maymbai fired in the second half we would have lost the game.

Sad thing is everyone will be patting Hasler on the back for an amazing selection and game changing inclusion. But if not for an injury to our fullback Frawley isn't on in the first half.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Tbh which team is gonna say, oh hi Moses we will give you more space before we start to tackle you so you can show your skills. This comment reminds me of comments people were making of Thompson blaming the opposition for not giving Thompson room to show his great slater like skills.
No, i mean he gets more space to run out wide than he would at half. Faster than i though he was too, he can run fast enough to be a back

Status
Not open for further replies.