R5 Dogs vs Broncos 3-2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Not really sure how James Graham got Man Of the Match last night.

He was admirable and performed well, including the try saver on Corey Oates.

However, next to nobody seemed to want to talk about Klemmer playing 60+ minutes, taking 22 runs and earning 266 metres on a pitch that better resembled a swimming pool than rugby league ground.

It was a superman / origin like performance and I think that sort of performance will spring board him as one of the starting props for NSW this year.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
For the record, my 3-2-1.

3. Klemmer (by a mile)
2. Daylight
1. Frawley.

Again, the channel 9 commentators didn't spend a lot of time talking about how composed he was on a very difficult night, especially considering it was his debut. Hats off to him, we finally have a kicking game.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For straight out best on ground:
3 Klem
2 Old Man
1 Frawley

But for most important contribution to the Dogs team
3 Frawley
2 Klem
1 Old Man

Frawley didn't outshine in the traditional sense, but for giving the dogs what they needed as a team, he was sensational.

Reminds me of Hodko: isn't a three knees stepper and speed machine, but does the basics of being a halfback very well (at least he certainly did last night).

Well done fellas. Learn what offside means and you might win a few on the trot

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
3. Frawley
2. Frawley
1. Frawley

People may be asking why not abbey why not Jackson why not graham etc. But Frawley finally offered our team stabilisation a good kicking game and allowed other players play their game. Breath of fresh air.
I agree with this my friend.
And is des finally working the math out? A good 7 plus a good 6 equals a fluent 13.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
3. Frawley - should hold the no.7 now
2. Graham
1. JR

Special mention to all the forwards and good game by Abbey too.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
3. Graham
2. Reynolds
1. Klemmer

Frawley was next best

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Frawley.
2. Jackson.
3. Graham.
Should silence a lot of critics who said Frawley and Abbey are to small. Both played very well.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Klemmer 3
Frawley 2
Reynolds 0.5
Abbey 0.5

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Yep I think he would have just pipped Abbey. Hard to split though but Klem made some unbelievable yards in our own half.
Abbey did Fuck all...

He did nothing a fullback isn't expected to do!

He caught high bombs? Not one of them had any pressure on him, every fullback even in under 15's is expected to catch them!

He's positional play is horrible and he got badly caught out on the 2nd tackle for the Broncos try!

Yeah he scored a try again it was set up by Jackson and the FB is expected to be in support!

Abbey has to improve in the next couple of weeks or else we desperately need to bring back Hoppa... Abbey constantly overruns the plays and once he is hit by the defense falls like a sack of potatoes (No meters after contact).

All these Abbey lovers were watching a different game... He is NSW cup standard at best!

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Abbey did Fuck all...

He did nothing a fullback isn't expected to do!

He caught high bombs? Not one of them had any pressure on him, every fullback even in under 15's is expected to catch them!

He's positional play is horrible and he got badly caught out on the 2nd tackle for the Broncos try!

Yeah he scored a try again it was set up by Jackson and the FB is expected to be in support!

Abbey has to improve in the next couple of weeks or else we desperately need to bring back Hoppa... Abbey constantly overruns the plays and once he is hit by the defense falls like a sack of potatoes (No meters after contact).

All these Abbey lovers were watching a different game... He is NSW cup standard at best!
I agree with your points for the most part.
I like most here are just happy for now to have a fullback who does what a fullback is suppose to do. And the same goes for our halfback. I don't think these two will be virtuosos but they will allow others to shine and concentrate solely on their own game. . You will see a better Jackson, Reynolds, Graham, Klemmer and Morris bros.
As for Tolman, he won't get better. He will always be Tolman. But I'll take comfort if he doesn't get worse.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
3 Frawley - His kicking game gave us an edge we haven't had for years
2 Reynolds - Played some inspirational football
1 Graham - A real captain's knock

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator