Club Leadership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjamin Short

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What's Everyone's Thoughts Do they think the club has suffered since Raelene has become in charge of the club
Greenberg was great for our club I don't see the Same passion from our current boss and maybe that is the problem and it's filtering down
(Just thinking out loud)

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What's Everyone's Thoughts Do they think the club has suffered since Raelene has become in charge of the club
Greenberg was great for our club I don't see the Same passion from our current boss and maybe that is the problem and it's filtering down
(Just thinking out loud)
There are probably 50 threads in here with people giving their opinion on the issue.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Running the club like a business charity. Lies to fanbase, doesn't give fanbase any news, palms things off onto others too often, needs to go back to Netball NZ.

Corporate this and that.

Does not get the Bulldogs culture.

Has turned the club into a bunch of skirts.

NEXT

Benjamin Short

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Running the club like a business charity. Lies to fanbase, doesn't give fanbase any news, palms things off onto others too often, needs to go back to Netball NZ.

Corporate this and that.

Does not get the Bulldogs culture.

Has turned the club into a bunch of skirts.

NEXT
Reply I totally agree

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
(Just thinking out loud)
Do you expect the CEO to walk around everywhere in a dogs jersey and scarf, screaming "go the doggies" as she goes? The CEo by herself has no say what happens on the field. She cant make any decision without full board approval. If you must connect the CEO to onfield performances, we have won more matches and made more finals under Raelene than we did under Todd. Todd was just more liked at the time, and he turned out to be a real knob anyway.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
It's a good question why we've barely heard peep out of Raelene, whilst our club is plummeting to some of it's lowest ever depths.

It's very unusual a Chairman is doing so much talking. Does he not trust the CEO to deal with the club's issues? Certainly seems that way.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
It's a good question why we've barely heard peep out of Raelene, whilst our club is plummeting to some of it's lowest ever depths.

It's very unusual a Chairman is doing so much talking. Does he not trust the CEO to deal with the club's issues? Certainly seems that way.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

Lol we arent anywhere close to the depths we have been before. A bad loss doesnt make things worse than 2008, or the salary cap saga in 2002, or the Coffs harbour incident. Ive been a fan for 40 years, and ive seen a lot worse shit happen at the club. Maybe thats why i dont lose my shit every time we lose like others.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
(Just thinking out loud)
Good thread! There's not that many about Raelene on here despite what people think.

She's been out of the firing line because its well known that she's given des complete control of the Bulldogs, in other words she shafted her responsibilties .

She's useless and in reality we haven't had a CEO for 4 years

Benjamin Short

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Do you expect the CEO to walk around everywhere in a dogs jersey and scarf, screaming "go the doggies" as she goes? The CEo by herself has no say what happens on the field. She cant make any decision without full board approval. If you must connect the CEO to onfield performances, we have won more matches and made more finals under Raelene than we did under Todd. Todd was just more liked at the time, and he turned out to be a real knob anyway.
Yeah I actually do expect her to wear a scarf a jersey and say go the Doggies sure we have had more worse dramas like being stripped of points and coffs but it's clear she knows nothing about rugby league or what we stand for at the end of last year des was put on a leash a real CEO would be the voice of the club cause there the boss isnd all blame lies there if she truly believed in giving des full control why does he know have to go threw what he does in 4 years our player retention has gone downhill and a lot of other grass roots things to
We don't need a mum telling them it's ok come here give me a cuddle we need a person who knows rugby league and how to help our coaches staff and players become the best they can be someone who people aspire to want to work with

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Probably been muzzled by the board. Or maybe theres trouble in paradise!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeah I actually do expect her to wear a scarf a jersey and say go the Doggies sure we have had more worse dramas like being stripped of points and coffs but it's clear she knows nothing about rugby league or what we stand for at the end of last year des was put on a leash a real CEO would be the voice of the club cause there the boss isnd all blame lies there if she truly believed in giving des full control why does he know have to go threw what he does in 4 years our player retention has gone downhill and a lot of other grass roots things to
We don't need a mum telling them it's ok come here give me a cuddle we need a person who knows rugby league and how to help our coaches staff and players become the best they can be someone who people aspire to want to work with
CEO is the voice of the board. The board is the voice of the members. The members are the voice of the fans. You clearly dont understand how a club or any organisation with a board works. A lot of people here dont. Ive never met the CEO of where i work, and the CEO had nothing at all to do with my hiring, or whether i stay or go, and any decision he makes, has to be approved by a large board. The CEO has the power to sign off on, or enact a proposal approved by the board, and not much else, and cant make any decision by themselves. Even sacking an executive has to go through the board, despite the CEO being a superior.

Benjamin Short

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
CEO is the voice of the board. The board is the voice of the members. The members are the voice of the fans. You clearly dont understand how a club or any organisation with a board works. A lot of people here dont. Ive never met the CEO of where i work, and the CEO had nothing at all to do with my hiring, or whether i stay or go, and any decision he makes, has to be approved by a large board. The CEO has the power to sign off on, or enact a proposal approved by the board, and not much else, and cant make any decision by themselves. Even sacking an executive has to go through the board, despite the CEO being a superior.
It's spose to be a family club and they work together running it like a corporation won't work cause of complacency I run my own company and have for 20 years plus government sectors
I understand what your saying my original thought is if something is going wrong it stems back to the top which is her and funnels down the CEO runs the ship if the board don't show leadership the ones under won't follow

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
(Just thinking out loud)
We all know Greenberg brought Hasler to the club he gave him full control of football management but Greenberg still kept control of major issues and the final approval, when Raelene took over it became a case that if Hasler said jump Raelene said how high, as the trend continued Cleal continued to wreck havoc on our recruiting.
All that is needed is for Hasler to play the players in their true capable positions and extend his faith in more than just the top 17 players !!!
I truly hope Des gets this message !

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can add to that, the chairman only intervenes when there is a deadlock in voting

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Lol we arent anywhere close to the depths we have been before. A bad loss doesnt make things worse than 2008, or the salary cap saga in 2002, or the Coffs harbour incident. Ive been a fan for 40 years, and ive seen a lot worse shit happen at the club. Maybe thats why i dont lose my shit every time we lose like others.
I should qualify my statement to say "plummeting to some of the lowest depths - in relation to our on field performance"

I do agree, Coffs harbour was a shocking time for the club, as was the salary cap saga, however during both, the club was at least performing on the field and having a dig. I supported the club through both periods.

The last time we won a premiership was 2004 (13 years ago). I've supported the dogs since 1989 as a 5 year old and this is by far the longest period of time without a premiership.

It is not an argument to say Hasler has taken us to the finals every year. Almost each of these years, we have scraped into the finals and never looked a chance at even making the GF. Who cares if we make the finals, if we never even have a hope of making/winning a GF?

When you consider the context of Hasler's tenure with the dogs (largest football department budget in the NRL + subjectively given the largest amount of power of any of the NRL coaches over the last 6 years to implement his own strategy), you really do have to ask serious questions about whether he should still be employed.

Why is Craig Bellamy so successful year on year (and yes I note, they had their own salary cap scandal), and why is Bellamy so successful unearthing talent and making 'average' players, look so good? Yet Hasler seems to turn apparent future stars (debatable list but I'll include Lichaa on it), into average looking players.

How is it we have a #6 and #7 who often appear to be unable to throw a pass or kick a ball?

6 years, no premierships, and the club's fan base has been completely disillusioned by the style of play which often looks like players just don't have passion for the team/club.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I think the point here is that a CEO is appointed by a Board to meet and achieve the organisations strategic objectives. This clearly would include the CEO acting as a spokesperson for an organisation when the organisation is called into question by various people including it's own members, and other stakeholders including the media etc.

Raelene (in my opinion) simply doesn't get the job done when it comes to promoting the club's interests.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the point here is that a CEO is appointed by a Board to meet and achieve the organisations strategic objectives. This clearly would include the CEO acting as a spokesperson for an organisation when the organisation is called into question by various people including it's own members, and other stakeholders including the media etc.

Raelene (in my opinion) simply doesn't get the job done when it comes to promoting the club's interests.
Has the thought not occurred to you that given she is appointed and controlled by the board that they are determining what she can and can't do and can and can't talk about? It is obvious to anyone who has board experience that she is operating to orders. Hasler talks footy and Dib talks about everything else. Her job is to look after the systems, sponsors and staff which she seems to do OK. Every time she gives an interview it is supportive of current activities or about successful negotiations - not about dealing with game related activities. Yes Toddy stood up and fronted on everything but he had both a public persona and the support of the board to do just that. When she was recruited they changed the game to reduce the CEO's public face.

Status
Not open for further replies.