Dib "Hasler will not be sacked over Manly game, club working on his contract"

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
When it comes down to it Dib is the one calling the shots.

When ever something big goes down Castle is no where to be found.
Funny how people in power forget who put them there. Who and what they represent. Than comes greed and corruption . Its doesnt matter if your running a football club or country its the same default setting.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
They can call an extraordinary AGM but you would need major shit to hit the fan like a huge salary cap breach or illegal activity.

It would have to be on the same scale as Parra last year.

I can't remember the exact number of signatures your need to force a extraordinary AGM off the top of my head but it won't happen.
Not sure if you'd agree mate... but every challenger to the football club board has paid the price in a BIG way.

Noad tried to start a faction - got his arse fired.
Dunn and Hughes tried to start a rift - got their arses removed, and resulted in Mortimer coming out in support of Dib and almost resigning afer people claimed he was pushing the Dun ticket.

With Sinclair now on the board that's another Dib vote.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Cleary rejects tigers and dragons apparently
Sorry mate... that's more BULLSHIT started by that 5thtackle.com site.

Click bait at it's finest.

They claimed Luke Brooks was a done deal, Luciano Leilua was coming to Dogs, Tedesco was going to Roosters, Reynold was gone ..

IN short they are an American site that makes up shit and makes profit from people clicking their ariticles and ads displaying.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Not sure if you'd agree mate... but every challenger to the football club board has paid the price in a BIG way.

Dunn and Hughes tried to start a rift - got their arses removed, and resulted in Mortimer coming out in support of Dib and almost resigning afer people claimed he was pushing the Dun ticket.

So how's it work exactly? When we have voting, let's say for example high number of voting members vote against dib.
What happens?

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry mate... that's more BULLSHIT started by that 5thtackle.com site.

Click bait at it's finest.

They claimed Luke Brooks was a done deal, Luciano Leilua was coming to Dogs, Tedesco was going to Roosters, Reynold was gone ..

IN short they are an American site that makes up shit and makes profit from people clicking their ariticles and ads displaying.
Let me hold onto the dream for a little longer

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Pretty sure Farrar had beef with Dib also, he could be the wild card on the board...

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got home from my evening walk with Zeus (my Bulldog).

Done the usual trek around Belmore Sportsground and there are alot of Kia's in the carpark with lights on all over the place.

Found it quiet unusual as there is noone there on Sunday nights.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Done the usual trek around Belmore Sportsground and there are alot of Kia's in the carpark with lights on all over the place.

Sharpening axes ?

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score

Go on

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

hopefully there cars perform better then the team they sponsor

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So how's it work exactly? When we have voting, let's say for example high number of voting members vote against dib.
What happens?
My understanding (I could be wrong), is that the members of the football club vote for board of directors, and they sit a term of X amount, unless a vote of no confidence goes against them.

The board then vote for a chairman.

Similar to how some councils elect a mayor.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

The Dunn and Hughes ticket was actually successfully in 2008 in fact most of that ticket is the board we have today including Dib the 5/7 of the ticket made it. Ironically Dunn and Hughes were the ones that missed out.

You really only get one shot at getting voted on unless you are aligned with Dib. If there was to be a rival board ticket it would have to be unbelievably strong and they would have to make their intentions known now to give themselves enough time to launch a campaign.

It's very hard to get on the board but once you're there you're position is safe.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

I could be wrong, but I don't believe the board sit at BSG, but rather ANZ. Only admin offices at Belmore.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
My understanding (I could be wrong), is that the members of the football club vote for board of directors, and they sit a term of X amount, unless a vote of no confidence goes against them.

The board then vote for a chairman.

Similar to how some councils elect a mayor.
So let's say most voting members vote against this current board, or against dib, what's the point of voting if it isn't going to change anything? I'm sure there has to be more to it.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Writings been on the wall for ages. Even the last year we made grand final we never looked threatening against top tier sides. I can't remember the last time we were a threat to any top 4 sides in the past few years. Yes stats prove des can win over 50% of games with boring play but I think the time has come when that isn't enough anymore. Either be a dominate force or don't bother. I hope des doesn't see out the rest of the year and staff and certain players follow. But one can only hope

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally with some QUOTES from the board.

This should settle all the Facebook and other site bullshit rumours.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/a/34797559/canterbury-wont-rush-decision-on-hasler/#page1

"QUOTE"

Dib said his board wouldn't hurry a decision for next season based on the weekend's frustrations.

"We're not a reactive board, and we're not going to react after one loss like yesterday," Dib told AAP on Sunday.

"The players are remorseful. We're remorseful to the fans. It was disappointing, but we're not a reactive board."

Dib said there was no deadline on deciding who would coach the club in 2018.

"We have our own plan and it's progressing," Dib said.

"It's the biggest deal in the club's history. We won't be rushed into it."

"UNQUOTE"
The part about "biggest deal in the club's history has me really concerned. It's supposedly only a 2 year extension. Hasler signed for 4M for 4 years initially. If this is the "biggest" deal in the club's history wouldn't than mean it has to exceed 4M ? which means they may well be negotiating for more than 2 years. Maybe they're considering signing Des for another 5 years ! Fuck me dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.