LIVE BLOG WITH NRL360’S PAUL KENT BELOW FROM 1PM AEDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Superman2144: Are the Bulldogs in a position to offer the "BIG FOUR" all a contract? and do you think it will eventuate?
-Paul Kent
Yes they are. Not sure they could pull off all four but it would be interesting. They'll give it a crack.

Superman2144: How many coaches and Ex players are the Tigers still paying off at this current time ?
-Paul Kent
Farah, Sironen and I believe they have about $1.2 million being paid out to other people no longer there.Â

Superman2144: how does the same newspaper claim a few days ago that Des Hasler had re-signed with the Bulldogs and now they are linking the same coach to the Wests Tigers job? #ConfusedMuch
-Paul Kent
Because rugby league moves so quickly. Des won't be at the Tigers

Chris: Hey mate, you mentioned last night one club is chasing all 4 of the Tigers, which club? And will Newcastle make a play at Woods now Scott is damaged goods? (Also, nice shot at Ikin's "palatial" central coast home!)
-Paul Kent
I'd be sniffing around Belmore . The Knights should make a play at Woods.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/b77c063b4bd162e4612815be47c7ed62

Last edited:

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tried to get in as many question around the other 100 people who were barraging him with queries lol . These were the few that he managed to answer.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tedesco I'd take thanks
Tedesco would be a given ... still not sold on brooks and Moses but if it meant having to sign them to get Tedesco then its a bullet I'd be willing to bite.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
HAHAHA if we landed Tedesco and Taumalolo just wow there's no words for it

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tedesco and Moses =Premiership
Even with them playing Des ball..
They would be our link men for our backs and forwards.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Well if there's any truth out of it I'd take means we must have some serious cap space. I'd sign Tedesco taumaolololo and Foran if we could afford those 4 and had any chance. Gives us a gun fullback, gun forward and quality half.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No chance unless jammer returns to England, Reynolds and hopp are not renewed and kas and Eastwood released to other clubs.

Now there's a slight chance lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Kent's opinion is as good as anyones.. I can't see us offering the big 4 anything. Tigers free up $350k with Simona for starters.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What was so negative and hateful about my post?

Even if Tedesco and Taumalolo did come to us what would change.
Sure we've been without an fullback since Barba left but signing a proper half back who can organise and steer the team around should be the priority.

It doesn't matter who we sign, it's the system that Hasler has implemented that is the problem . He simply isn't getting the best out of our players.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Sure we've been without an fullback since Barba left but signing a proper half back who can organise and steer the team around should be the priority.

It doesn't matter who we sign, it's the system that Hasler has implemented that is the problem . He simply isn't getting the best out of our players.
I wasn't having a personal dig at you and apologies if it came across that way, I think a lot would change with the different personalities and players abilities then the current crop we have. Between Reynolds and Mbye I don't see them being able to do much more then they have shown. Between the two of them they have a zero kicking game be it long or short and there ball paying abilities are very poor too. Maybe its not as much Des's fault as we blame him for but the actual inability of the decision makers leading our team around the park.
Yes Hasler an Co are responsible for signings and player retention but when we discuss actual ability neither Reynolds or Mbye have actually shown us they are world class halves. There's a lot of hype but very little to show for it on their parts.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

That's funny because our playing style has changed from last year to this year....

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's funny because our playing style has changed from last year to this year....
It is funny because all were doing is passing flat from one side to another .. our attacking stats were better last year so make of it what you will.
You only had to hear Cooper Cronks analysis of our attack when he was on FOX, you'd think cooper knows a little bit about backline plays and leading the team around the park aye ;)

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It is funny because all were doing is passing flat from one side to another .. our attacking stats were better last year so make of it what you will.
You only had to hear Cooper Cronks analysis of our attack when he was on FOX, you'd think cooper knows a little bit about backline plays and leading the team around the park aye ;)
Okay..... you can keep on comparing 24 games of data to 3 games of data and pretending it gives an fair indication of anything at all....

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Okay..... you can keep on comparing 24 games of data to 3 games of data and pretending it gives an fair indication of anything at all....
Its basically how statistics and performances are measured ... there's no pretending the numbers are there to prove my point .

Status
Not open for further replies.