Wests Tigers won't rule out Des Hasler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kelly Egan is the football manager there so I wouldn't be surprised if they have a crack at Des.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LOL Des literally just re-signed with the Bulldogs for another 2 seasons. Tigers are kidding themselves and couldn't afford him anyway with the money they are still paying Farrah, Time Sheens, Mick Potter and possibly now Jason Taylor who had another season remaining on his contract.
The media is going to spin a lot of shit and get the most out of this Tigers saga so 99% of what we read is just hyped up click bait.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
LOL Des literally just re-signed with the Bulldogs for another 2 seasons. Tigers are kidding themselves and couldn't afford him anyway with the money they are still paying Farrah, Time Sheens, Mick Potter and possibly now Jason Taylor who had another season remaining on his contract.
The media is going to spin a lot of shit and get the most out of this Tigers saga so 99% of what we read is just hyped up click bait.
Player salary would be separate from coaches salary I believe. And Farah is on the books until the end of this season.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have I missed something? When did Des re-sign ?

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
They still paying tim sheens and potter are they? Did sheens have a 15 year contract there

TigerGoneLoose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Des hasn't re-signed
2. Farah comes out of the cap
3. Sheens isn't being paid
4. Potter isn't being paid
5. I'm pretty sure Taylor had requirements in his contract for second and third year which he didn't meet.
6. I agree with your last point, it definitely is click bait.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, the board have no one to blame but themselves. You either sack him (should have been done at the start of the year) or you re-sign him. We are stuck in the middle. Des will undoubtedly use this to his advantage and drive up his price. Meanwhile our uncertainty could mean less recruitment for next year.

I dunno who the fuck runs this club.. I mean we're not as bad as the Tigers but seriously.. starting to think nrl are full of fucking morons. Only politis knows how to run a club, we got the shitty middle eastern version of him in dib.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don't let the door hit you, where the lord split you.
They can have him. Watch teddy, brooks and Moses shine, without the stress of actually playing football.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds like Des's manager trying to drive his price up or get the board to panic and sign it sooner rather than later. Happy for him to go to the Tigers TBH

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kelly Egan is the football manager there so I wouldn't be surprised if they have a crack at Des.
Mate your spot on. Ive had this feeling since he went over that he'll make things happen as they are bumchums from way back.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wouldn't be fussed about losing Des as long as we got an upgrade out of the deal, for example Ivan Cleary. He would have the team playing a very different style of footy which the fans would actually enjoy. Now that would be a change for the better.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I actually think Des would be a good fit for them because he emphasis the things that they lack in. Defence, Completions, Structure. Des will probably resort to a 2012 style gameplan because he has players like Tedesco there.

fr333k

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
1. Des hasn't re-signed
2. Farah comes out of the cap
3. Sheens isn't being paid
4. Potter isn't being paid
5. I'm pretty sure Taylor had requirements in his contract for second and third year which he didn't meet.
6. I agree with your last point, it definitely is click bait.
"The Tigers now owe more than $1 million in wages to Taylor, Robbie Farah and Curtis Sironen, and must decide if they are prepared to dig further into their pockets for Hasler."

Quoted from http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/we...s/news-story/d67dfd2a471350c2a095e16f72df0b4a

Status
Not open for further replies.