Halfback Moses Mbye discusses his positional future at the Bulldogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
MBYE WILL PLAY ANY ROLE

He’s wearing the No.7 for Canterbury but Moses Mbye says he’s not married to the idea of playing his career out in the halves.

A utility player who is also at home at centre, five-eighth or hooker, Mbye said he’s willing to play any role the team wants him

Dogs breathing new life
I consider myself a footballer,” Mbye told

“I consider myself as having a good football brain and able to play a few different positions.

“At the moment I’m required in the halves and where I’ll apply myself the best I can. I think I can lead our team around in the halves.”

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This shows he's at least been thinking that maybe he's not cut out in the halves unless its contract negotiations time

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He isn't a half not in first grade anyway. Maybe hooker or left right out
Nar mate, imagine Mbye outside Pearce or Cronk. He's obviously not a primary playmaker or "game manager."

Put him at hooker and we have another 2-4 years of development while he bulks up, improves fitness and again, becomes able to make 40 tackles in the ruck.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just stfu and enjoy your free ride Mbye.

You should name your next born JT, as he's the reason you got your fat contract despite you being so shit.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Im yet too see Mbye play the game of his life or play in a game where he has absolutely killed it. Even good old Benny Roberts had one....lol
He's 23 haha

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mybe is a good athlete and natural footballer, no doubt about it, but not sure he has developed the vision as yet to boasting a "football brain".

We're probably not getting the best out of him for $750k a year, however, he can be a 750K per year player if used in the right way and with the right support cast behind him.

Put him outside of Cronk or Thurston and he would be a genuine superstar in my opinion. He's a ball runner, and that should be his primary focus.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nar mate, imagine Mbye outside Pearce or Cronk. He's obviously not a primary playmaker or "game manager."

Put him at hooker and we have another 2-4 years of development while he bulks up, improves fitness and again, becomes able to make 40 tackles in the ruck.
Na, they only want to imagine Reynolds outside a halfback. More tries, more try assists and double the line break assists as Reynolds last season yet they still run with his "not a half" or whatever else they come up with lol.

I think he could easily play well at hooker and i doubt the transition would take that many years..but id rather him in the 6 alongside a decent halfback like he should of been from day 1.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wallace transitioned easy enough

Reactions: DT

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It makes me think he has been told he will be playing in another position next year..... why else would you say something like that and bring a doubt around your position. Id be happy for him to play inside a decent half OR hooker (which i think would be his best position)... but centre for 650k a year is way too overpriced (correct price according to a good source).

Reactions: DT

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It makes me think he has been told he will be playing in another position next year..... why else would you say something like that and bring a doubt around your position. Id be happy for him to play inside a decent half OR hooker (which i think would be his best position)... but centre for 650k a year is way too overpriced (correct price according to a good source).
Well he originally said he wanted the 6 jersey.

“My long-term goal is to be a starting five-eighth at this club. That’s the goal,’’ Mbye said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...t/news-story/208154a7813d5d17a605ce5b661d2dd6

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well he originally said he wanted the 6 jersey.

“My long-term goal is to be a starting five-eighth at this club. That’s the goal,’’ Mbye said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...t/news-story/208154a7813d5d17a605ce5b661d2dd6
There you go...

Who knows what is happening at the club tbh.

We need an established half thats for sure. Either put that half with Reynolds and mbye to hooker. Or move Reynolds on and continue with mbye in halves with lichaa at hooker

If mbye was on around 400k. Id be happy with him in the centres, but on the coin he is on, has to be in the spine.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He needs to get out of halfback asap.. through a good pass on the weekend.but still.need alot more from our halfback

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His strength is clearly Running and Support. And he does have a good footy brain. Can defend and has pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.