just saying hi and need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

milkdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
hi guys and girls I've been a member for ages but never introduced myself and really never comment much on things either even tho i check the keen pretty much every day. So my names mick 32 years old same story as everyone else probs i was born in bankstown my family has always gone for the bulldogs obviously i go for the bulldogs and am pretty much obsessed with nrl and watching most sports really. i live far south coast NSW and want to go to the good friday game First question what town is a good choice to be close to the stadium?, Secondly: you wouldn't take a two year old toddler would you? (wife and mother could come than) Third and final question: what tickets should i buy? if no kid will be me and wife only.
Cheers.
ps sorry if i wasn't meant to make a post really don't know how forums work very well. Feel free to merge where ever you want.

Reaction score
if you're not worried about spending money, the pullman hotel is a great place to stay, it's right at the stadium, so no need to deal with traffic before or after the game, and a great excuse to get some drinking time

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hey Mick,

Welcome to the site... long time listener first time caller (almost it seems) :grinning:

5 STAR (LUXURY/EXECUTIVE UPSCALE)
Pullman - Sydney Olympic Park

4 STAR (FAMILY)
Novotel - Sydney Olympic Park

3.5 STAR (BASIC FAMILY)
Hotel Ibis - Sydney Olympic Park (part of Novotel).

All share the same parking and are walking distance to ANZ Stadium.

3 STAR (BUDGET)
Ibis Budget - Sydney Olympic Park (but not as close as 3 above).

There's also Quest Apartments not far away (right near Ibis Budget).

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Best place to sit is in the kennel..I sat there once during another bulldogs v souffs game had the funniest and best experience .

milkdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cheers for the replies I have booked an airbnb at Wentworth point which doesn't seem to far away. My wife and I will uber or something from there. The big question is will my wife enjoy the kennel area? we like having a shout, sipping on beers and having a good time or will it be way over the top for her with fights and shiz?

milkdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hey Mick,

Welcome to the site... long time listener first time caller (almost it seems) :grinning:

5 STAR (LUXURY/EXECUTIVE UPSCALE)
Pullman - Sydney Olympic Park

4 STAR (FAMILY)
Novotel - Sydney Olympic Park

3.5 STAR (BASIC FAMILY)
Hotel Ibis - Sydney Olympic Park (part of Novotel).

All share the same parking and are walking distance to ANZ Stadium.

3 STAR (BUDGET)
Ibis Budget - Sydney Olympic Park (but not as close as 3 above).

There's also Quest Apartments not far away (right near Ibis Budget).
First thumbs up I've done not because other post didn't deserve one just that I never actually log in I just stalk the kennel.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mr Invisible once again not telling the whole truth

1 STAR FORMULA 1 KINGS CROSS - Decent price and perfect for the toddler

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Mr Invisible once again not telling the whole truth
1 STAR FORMULA 1 KINGS CROSS - Decent price and perfect for the toddler
Kids grow up so quickly these days.

Might as well start explaining why "the man is walking down the road in arseless chaps" from an early age!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cheers for the replies I have booked an airbnb at Wentworth point which doesn't seem to far away. My wife and I will uber or something from there. The big question is will my wife enjoy the kennel area? we like having a shout, sipping on beers and having a good time or will it be way over the top for her with fights and shiz?
I can only tell you from my experience but it was harmless fun and lots of cheering.
Maybe it was just that day but I remember it was Ennis 's last home game in 2014 and we were on a high football wise.
Played souffs and they got denied a try or something so there was a lot of booing from the souffs fans .. We were loving it !! . Someone from the kennel yelled out 'stop whinging and go grow some teeth' amongst other stuff ..

We left at half time to sit with some platinum members but wished I was back at the kennel lol

Status
Not open for further replies.