WTF is with A League supporter bases??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I don't profess to know much about soccer in general (I find the game incredibly boring), but there seems to be a lot of incidents with supporter bases (names Sydney FCs "The Cove" and Western Sydney Wanderers "RBB").

No doubt this will ruffle a few feathers, but seriously what is the deal?

It seems they let out half of Silverwater Correctional on day release to attend the games, act like fucktards, and get the sport in the papers again for all the wrong reasons.

Every single season there's fan controversy, more incidents, and the FFA stand around talking tough and doing little to stop the issues.

Just this weekend:
Cove fans hurl projectiles and break seats - http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...rown-on-field-as-chaos-erupts-at-sydney-derby

whilst WSW have banned 14 fans for displaying an obscene banner depicting Graham Arnold having a huge cock shoved down his throat.

http://outside90.com/western-sydney-wanderers-suspend-14-for-crude-fan-banner-136/

But what really gets me is this... the "faux" apologies from the clubs/supporters area.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
WHAT THE COVE HAD TO SAY
“We wish to apologise to Sydney FC, ANZ stadium and our fellow fans for the actions of a tiny minority of our group at ANZ on Saturday night,” a Facebook post read.

“The damage to seats and throwing of objects onto the grass was entirely unacceptable and we will be working with the club to ensure that such behaviour is not repeated.

“While we understand that emotions were high and many fans felt disillusioned by on-field events, there are never any excuses for this type vandalism and dangerous behaviour, and the overwhelming majority of The Cove rejects such behaviour.

“What other supporter groups have or have not done in the past is not relevant to our behaviour, how other supporter groups have been dealt with in regard to similar situations is not relevant.

“For 12 years we have worked successfully with our club, security and stadium management to build a positive relationship with them, we will continue to do so in the future.”

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
WHAT THE WSW HAD TO SAY

“The club is in the process of issuing banning notices to these 14 individuals for a period of 18 months across all competitions.

“Following review of CCTV footage from both before and during the event 14 individuals have been identified as taking part in concealing, assembling and displaying the banner on Saturday night.”

The Wanderers stressed the bans were club-enforced, rather than FFA venue bans. The banned supporters will be made to undergo social education courses before matchday returns are considered.

“For the purposes of clarity these are not Football Federation Australia or venue bans – but are club-enforced bans,” the statement continued.

“As part of the banning notices to be issued by the club, Western Sydney Wanderers will also require those involved to undertake a recognised social inclusion program approved by the club prior to any readmission to Wanderers matches before their bans can be lifted.”

WHAT CLUB CEO HAD TO SAY

“Following a thorough review of the incident on Saturday night including review of CCTV footage at the venue and examination of those involved and how they both concealed the banner’s entry into the venue, its construction within the bay and display during the match we have acted to remove them from our club,” Tsatsimas said.

“This incident involved key leaders of the RBB who have shown no remorse for their actions of bringing our club and the game of football into disrepute and have continued to flaunt their disdain for the club and our diverse and inclusive membership family further on social media.

“As a club we have had enough and have put the entire group on notice. While the vast majority of the RBB are exceptional in their support and actions for this club we must remove all those who see themselves as bigger than the club they support.”

Western Sydney added that if such behaviours continue, the club will act to enforce a total shut-down on the active support group.

“The club also provides notice that should there be any further breach of the Spectator Code of Behaviour in the active supporter area or on any RBB official social media platform that active area will be shut down for a period of time as determined by the club.”

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
WHAT THE RBB HAD TO SAY
“We find it ironic that it takes the FFA barely 24 hours to respond to a banner deemed ‘offensive’ but take over 12 months to even commence an appeals process agreed upon in December 2015,” a post on Facebook read.

“Clearly football in this country is in the wrong hands. Football belongs to the people not a dictatorial body or the likes of so called expert commentators.

“The sport doesn’t belong to the FFA, nor does it belong to the likes of Robbie Slater.

“F*** off with your pandering to mainstream media.”

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
WHAT A LEAGUE CHIEF HAD TO SAY
Following the incident on the weekend the FFA made it clear they may well press charges against the group.

“FFA is aware of the unauthorised and totally unacceptable banner that was displayed in the Western Sydney Wanderers area during Saturday night’s Sydney derby at ANZ Stadium,” A-League chief Greg O’Rourke said.

“The discriminatory nature of the tifo has no place in society and will not be tolerated in the A-League.

“We are working with the club and currently gathering as much information as possible and will deal with the matter when we have all available facts including CCTV footage.”

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Now I realise it's unfair to tar every single supporter with the same brush in those areas, but if it's not this its flares, or fights, or other stupid shit.

How long does the FFA have to stick their heads in the sand and tolerate this nonsense in their sport.

Again, I realise not all fans are to blame (a small minority), but the press releases from all almost read of a copy and paste from the last incident (normally the previous weekend).

Clearly tougher action needs to be taken and from the top.

Banning fans is impossible, people will always be able to sneak in/get in, so forget that idea.
Cancelling memberships is also pointless.

The only way these "fans" will learn is with extensive fines and criminal proceedings against them.

Damage a chair - malicious damage charges.
Hold up a sexually explicit banner - Public indeceny charges for all.

and if the issues continue... the clubs need to step in and disband such supporter groups, or take ownership of them amongst their fan base.

The Bulldogs thankfully have done it right. You have to register to bring a banner, and that works well.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Could be worse - could be Serbia...

Brazilian footballer in tears after racist chants in Serbia

• Partizan Belgrade's goalkeeper Filip Kljaji (right) hugs Brazilian midfielder Everton Luiz as he leaves the field in tears (AFP)

AUDIO
Partizan Belgrade midfielder Everton Luiz was brought to tears after persistent racist chants during his team's victory over Rad in the Serbian league.
Source:
AAP
21 FEB 2017 - 8:57 AM UPDATED YESTERDAY 8:57 AM
The Brazilian, who joined Partizan last year, played through monkey chants and other abuse, including a racist banner in the stands where Rad fans were standing.

The banner was removed after intervention from the referee.

Huge scuffles broke out between the players after the match on Sunday, which Partizan won 1-0, after Luiz showed the middle finger to the Rad supporters.

Wiping away tears, Luiz said he "faced racist abuse during the entire match."

Rad Belgrade have now been ordered not to play first division matches in their home stadium until Serbian football authorities rule over the racial insults.

"Due to the misbehaviour of their fans who racially insulted a player, Rad's stadium has been suspended until the Serbian Football Association (FSS) passes a verdict," league commissioner Vladimir Bulatovic said.

"The suspension means no first division games will be played at the venue until a final decision is made and disciplinary proceedings have been opened against all parties involved in the incident."

Rad fans abused Luiz throughout the ill-tempered match and a full-scale player brawl broke out when he retaliated with an obscene gesture after the final whistle.

Staff from both teams jumped in to quell the fighting after Rad players confronted Luiz, who left the ground in tears and issued a statement expressing his affection for Serbia while condemning the offenders.

"My family and I feel at home in Serbia and this is why I could not stop the tears after the game," he said.

"I took 90 minutes of racist abuse and other insults from the terraces and thereafter I found myself in a cauldron of emotionless individuals who charged at me when they should have protected me.

"I want to forget this, refocus on football and urge everyone to say 'No' to racism."

Partizan won the match 1-0 at the Rad stadium thanks to an Uros Djurdjevic goal which kept them second in the 16-team league, six points behind champions and leaders Red Star Belgrade.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The RBB is a disgrace to the A League, they seem to get involved in more crap than any other supporter base while the cove while still in the wrong atleast had a slim to none reason for what they did (break a couple of chairs), they were wrongly denied 2-3 penalties which pretty much resulted in Sydney FC losing there undefeated streak (hadn't lost all season and with not many games to go) and lose there 3 year streak over there rivals.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

I genuinely thought I was watching footage from Manus Island Detention Centre for half the video.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
This is what I like to see:

Serbian player Milan Bisevac, embracing his Croatian team-mate Dejan Lovren. Seeing something like this in sport is, in my opinion, inspirational. We all know how sour the relationship is between Croats and Serbs. Both men play for French side Olympique Lyonnais, aka Lyon.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Aren't those wanderer ***** all our ex-bulldog shit **** scum bags?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
WHAT THE RODZILLA HAD TO SAY

"Fuck graham arnold, the only reason that banner is homophobic is because graham arnold and all his media friends think it is offensive to depict him sucking cock, the RBB next banner should be robbie slater and mike cockeril sucking graham arnolds cock"

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm old school NSL, I watched the first 2 seasons of A League and switched off after that because the standard was piss poor. IMO worse than the NSL, there's too much headless chicken running in the A-League, i.e. they have athletes rather than proper footballers playing.

I've watched games here and there the last 2 or 3 seasons, but standards still pretty crap, I think to myself 20 years younger, I would've been playing (I played at a high level in Australia when younger)

But what I find absolutely ridiculous is:-

• Old school NSL, a match between Sydney United and Bonnyrigg ended up in punches thrown (Croats vs Serbs)
  • Media cracks down on it
  • NSL is dragged through the mud and finally it's given the death bullet by those wanting a more inclusive league and non-violent supporters
  • First season (or could have been second) of A-League, Sydney FC supporters get into a fight with Melbourne Victory supporters at some pub in Melbourne
  • Confected tribalism, I mean ffs the league is only 1 or 2 seasons old and they're having a fight over their team
There's too much "we wanna be hardcore ultras like Europe and Sth America" types in those supporter groups. A lot of them have NFI about football, nor did they ever follow the NSL, there just a bunch of muppets who think they're hard and ultras of their clubs.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Lmao you gotta admit that deep throating banner was funny as hell
I'll admit.. when I saw the banner on media reports I did laugh... but that's my sick sense of humor.

But there's a time and place for everything, and displaying a banner like that when there are families around, means it is not the time nor place for such things.

There's too much "we wanna be hardcore ultras like Europe and Sth America" types in those supporter groups. A lot of them have NFI about football, nor did they ever follow the NSL, there just a bunch of muppets who think they're hard and ultras of their clubs.
THIS is largely the issue. Wanting the emulate the atmosphere and ferocity of o/seas supporters groups.

Seems the mob mentality is already there, and theres little concern for others. Flares and fireworks illegally discharged into crowds and other rubbish is overlooked too.

There's a recent documentary that came out Russian Hooligans (see below), which shows how seriously overseas "supporters" take the game. Very worrying.

Shook my head at the end part though LOL ..

It's clear that some people don't care about the sport. They only view it as an outlet to cause violence and damage as part of (what they perceive) is an unidentifable group.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll admit.. when I saw the banner on media reports I did laugh... but that's my sick sense of humor.

But there's a time and place for everything, and displaying a banner like that when there are families around, means it is not the time nor place for such things.

THIS is largely the issue. Wanting the emulate the atmosphere and ferocity of o/seas supporters groups.

Seems the mob mentality is already there, and theres little concern for others. Flares and fireworks illegally discharged into crowds and other rubbish is overlooked too.

There's a recent documentary that came out Russian Hooligans (see below), which shows how seriously overseas "supporters" take the game. Very worrying.

Shook my head at the end part though LOL ..

It's clear that some people don't care about the sport. They only view it as an outlet to cause violence and damage as part of (what they perceive) is an unidentifable group.
Russian and polish "ultras" are just gangs who meet up for a fight, in reality they're nothing to do with football.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
like the RBB will ever control themselves, might as well break it up now. Their lack of remorse is telling

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I have been to a few Sydney v wsw games and the atmosphere is amazing. The crowd makes it. But I always get frustrated when you see some of the behaviour and imagine the media reaction if it was a Bulldogs game.

Ps I love all the old firm/Ultra stuff. Have a few books ect. It's all piss heads talking toss stories but it gets me in. Just some of the names are great - Suicide Squad, Norty Forty, Bushwackers..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Another brawl between Sydney FC and Melbourne Victory supporters pre game the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.