Bulldogs Auckland Nines Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
We played our nsw cup team lol at people freaking out on here. Nines is shit anyway.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly right

Whilst some will say
It's just the 9s
Means nothing
Blah blah

It's still representing our club

And bad attitudes from the top filter down to lazy performances from our players

It's a mind set

Our club has lost its mojo

Our ruthless culture is dead

Morts and lamb are right

Fuck Des
fuck reylene
Perfect! Exactly what I'm trying to say!

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah true .. I'd prefer to miss the finals every single year, and maybe even get a few wooden spoons... that would please me far more as a fan than being one of 8 sides to make the finals each year.
Struggling to make the 8 and then to be one and done is nothing to be proud about. Anyway, there's far more problems than just finals appearances happening at the club. The environment just seems toxic

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Until a team like Newcastle wins the 9s and then come in around the bottom of the premiership will I believe the 9s are worthless! For now it's a pretty good gauge of how your team will perform in the premiership!
No it isnt. Parra cheated who cares, Rabbits won AFTER they had already won and the Cows won it WITHOUT the main reason they won the comp lol.

People forget about the losers in the GFs because they didnt win, but its still good and hard to make a GF. So WE got there in 14, Broncs and Melbourne all made the GF ALL have really done shit in the NINES.

Its not even an opinion, its fact NINES mean NOTHING to the 13 man game. It not even the same game. Look at the ABs who loaded up the sevens sqaud in the olympics. What happened? They got smashed, because it is a totally different game.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pure coincidence with the first two teams to win the 9s being recent premiers IMO (Souths actually had a shocker of a season and completely spilled their bikkies in 2015 so I don't see how winning the 9s did them any favours? They were a better side before they actually won the nines.

You would expect stronger teams to do better in any comp as long as they field half decent, semi competitive sides....but it is absolutely possible for a good coach/ team to not take the 9s seriously at all and to still go on and win the comp. I 100 percent believe that. The nines are a cute marketing gimmick and nothing more really IMO. I'm happy for us tbut continue to not take them seriously, but our style is stagnant and counter productive and that definitely needs to be addressed IMO.
Fair enough but wouldn't you want the club to show they want to be competitive by coming out with a winning attitude! Why is Parramatta and Arthur taking this so serious and not us! I want that attitude back in our club!

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Nines are nothing to be taken seriously. Don't worry about it.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Minutes cut down by more than half, players not even the same amout completly different rules but lets make the nines a yard stick LOL. Not to mention we didnt even have one of our play makers on the field.

We should be angry though, but only because the club fuck us around and send a half assed team that has come for a holiday. But to think Nines structures or game play or anything in this game is a gauge to how teams will go is silly. NRL is a marathon, Nines is a fifty metre dash

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Minutes cut down by more than half, players not even the same amout completly different rules but lets make the nines a yard stick LOL. Not to mention we didnt even have one of our play makers on the field.

We should be angry though, but only because the club fuck us around and send a half assed team that has come for a holiday. But to think Nines structures or game play or anything in this game is a gauge to how teams will go is silly. NRL is a marathon, Nines is a fifty metre dash
It shouldn't be a gauge I agree! But look at the results - 2015 premiership winners won in 2014 9s and the the 2014 premiership winners won in 2015 9s! So far their the stats and stats don't lie!

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's ok, Des doesn't take the nines seriously because we concentrate on the NRL season. It's worked well for us so far, look at all the premierships we have.
I often hold back, cause I don't want you to think I'm your fan boy

But I could like every one of your posts

I don't think I have ever read a post from you and disagreed

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

and just to further drive home this point.. I just watched a Tigers Second Rower literally just run right around every single Storm player (including a Munster/Tounamapia combination) to run 60m to score.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No it isnt. Parra cheated who cares, Rabbits won AFTER they had already won and the Cows won it WITHOUT the main reason they won the comp lol.

People forget about the losers in the GFs because they didnt win, but its still good and hard to make a GF. So WE got there in 14, Broncs and Melbourne all made the GF ALL have really done shit in the NINES.

Its not even an opinion, its fact NINES mean NOTHING to the 13 man game. It not even the same game. Look at the ABs who loaded up the sevens sqaud in the olympics. What happened? They got smashed, because it is a totally different game.
All I'm talking about is attitude and you've proven how attitude is so important! You can have a team without Thurston and win and AB's can load their team and lose! Winning is about attitude! We've lost that attitude!

stinkypinky

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Or the team is just unfit for 9s I guess it's to quick for them

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hey Bulldogs ..

Cowboys have played a full strength first grade squad except for 1-2 guys... and they are defending premiers...

What's our excuse??

Imposter

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
At the end of the day fans want to see there club win,des knows he has got no chance winning 9s thats why he doesn't show up and doesnt put in a good squad, think about it how embarrassing it would be if he put more of our first graders in and they get beat by these young kids,hes a absolute conman
The last 3 years of 9s every team that won went on and won the premiership except parra only cause they got stripped for the cap otherwise they would of been there

Status
Not open for further replies.