Attention: Fotis (NYE Fireworks Family)

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah thats fair enough but I just want to clear up that I'm not a tightarse Jew lol .
I just wanted to get something over those cash grabbing, money rorting thieves .
Lol, get 'em girl!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
More embarrassed than proud lol
I'm not embarrassed. And there's even a fair probability that one day I'll even buy one of the products I've sampled

I do the food samples on a toothpick at a local butchers. I've only set foot inside the butchers once or twice, but I've probably put together a few free meals there in installments over the years.

I visited a mate in Korea once who said he'd shout me dinner. Cheapskate took me to a big local supermarket that had a massive sample section. I am ashamed to say that I treated that supermarket like homeless mans buffet which if I'm fair makes me just s much of a cheapskate. You offer 12 different types of seafood sample to me and I will indulge. I ate my fill there and then bought beer and Soju from their booze section to drink in the taxi after leaving. All up I'd say it was dinner and a moderate serving of booze for under $10.

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Wahesh offffffff stop complaining will you! We need to create a thread called "the wahesh whinging thread" lol.
Fireworks cant exactly be done any different, we still have the best display in the world IMO. On another note Im gonna start calling you Costanza because if George had a brother it'd be you. :yum:
P.s: you're still my bff :innocent:

Last edited:
N

Natboy

This is what happens when the braindead City of Sydney and Lord Mayor, tender contracts out for fireworks.

From memory Foti have a 5 year contract with COS and Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority to put on fireworks displays.

What annoys the living shit out of me (aside from being the same shit each year) are 3 things.

1. Why do we always have to add indigenous crap into it?

2. We can spend millions on fireworks and not play more than a few seconds of a track to avoid paying royalties. It's like a shitty Nick Skitz megamix each year.

3. Just in #2, it's 2016, how bloody hard is it to coordinate fireworks tuned to go off to music.

This year will be a fucking televised mess again. You'd have thought ABC would learn from last year that Ella Hooper isn't a presenters arsehole.
Apart from the fact it's on indigenous land for starters?
Mate if I said Muslim crap on here you'd ban me again.
Very disappointing and hypocritical

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
1. No it's not. Aboriginals would have taken over from Africans / Neanderthals that lived here before they evolved into Aboriginals. Every country has been colonised in history. English colonised Australia. If not for them the Aboriginals would have died out long ago, or been completely and utterly slaughtered if the Indonesians/Chinese/Dutch/Spanish happened to find Australia first.

2. You were last banned in 2014 and it was for abusive / racist remarks.

Not at all disapointing or hypocritical... and given how long ago it was, I'd have thought you have have gotten over it by now.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
@Wahesh offffffff stop complaining will you! We need to create a thread called "the wahesh whinging thread" lol.
Fireworks cant exactly be done any different, we still have the best display in the world IMO. On another note Im gonna start calling you Costanza because if George had a brother it'd be you. :yum:
The fireworks were far from the best yet. The lasted a whole 12 mins. It's as if they're getting shorter every year. Remember when they were 20 mins?

You know what pisses me off the most? Every time we see the 'waterfall' feature of the fireworks, we know it's coming to and end. FFS
This coming from the one who complains about vegan lesbians and is very vocal about it too ;)

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fireworks were far from the best yet. The lasted a whole 12 mins. It's as if they're getting shorter every year. Remember when they were 20 mins?

You know what pisses me off the most? Every time we see the 'waterfall' feature of the fireworks, we know it's coming to and end. FFS

This coming from the one who complains about vegan lesbians and is very vocal about it too ;)
Vegan hipster lesbians arent fun like fireworks so you really cant use that one against me. Try again pumpkin ;)

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

1. They've been going for twelve minutes for about 10 years
2. You obviously didn't see the dedication to gene wilder in there open your mind a little
3. You just hate fireworks because they make noise and you don't like society so you complain about the fireworks show. If you can do it better haboob id love to hear your ideas :blush:

Wahesh

Reaction score
1. They've been going for twelve minutes for about 10 years
2. You obviously didn't see the dedication to gene wilder in there open your mind a little
3. You just hate fireworks because they make noise and you don't like society so you complain about the fireworks show. If you can do it better haboob id love to hear your ideas :blush:
Seriously remember the 1999 or 2000 fireworks when they had eternity? No one expected that.

Now Gene Wilder is great, but it's not meant to be a dedication to someone who died, let alone a foreigner to our country. Am I right @Mr Invisible or what?

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously remember the 1999 or 2000 fireworks when they had eternity? No one expected that.

Now Gene Wilder is great, but it's not meant to be a dedication to someone who died, let alone a foreigner to our country. Am I right @Mr Invisible or what?
Gene wilder was an icon. The whole idea is to commemorate the year we've had, including honoring icons that have passed on and to celebrate entering into a new year.

The color schemes and synchronization are usually different but even then we still have the best ones in the world. Even dubai cant out do our ones. Its lights that light up our already beautiful city and i honestly cannot see why anyone would complain unless they just hated fire works and noise and people in general.

So tell me what YOU think would make a better fireworks show and then ill be quiet.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Gene wilder was an icon. The whole idea is to commemorate the year we've had, including honoring icons that have passed on and to celebrate entering into a new year.

The color schemes and synchronization are usually different but even then we still have the best ones in the world. Even dubai cant out do our ones. Its lights that light up our already beautiful city and i honestly cannot see why anyone would complain unless they just hated fire works and noise and people in general.

So tell me what YOU think would make a better fireworks show and then ill be quiet.
Naked, big titted bitches with a sparkler up their arse? But only the 12am show, not the 9pm one as kids are watching. Maybe they can cover up with a g-string bikini for the 9pm show?

Wahesh

Reaction score

With all the technology available they should be more creative with the show. Having the worlds most iconic landmark to play with means the job is already have done. They need to do more with it than just have fireworks.

Firstly, they can use more of the lighting that we have at hand for events such as vivid to draw some of the attention away from what the fireworks are doing. So having the beams around the bridge light up would be awesome as well as having projections on the side buildings.

Secondly, the fireworks need to be more than just up and explode, that need more of a design to change the way they move. Torpedos for instance they fly around crazy and don't explode.

How about also using a few drones that have some fireworks on them - people will have no idea where they have been launched from, they'll just see them appearing in the sky.

Then you have all the ones that can be synced with the music, so the lights and fireworks behave to the beat of the music.

Finally, put something back on the bridge to end the show - ANYTHING. That was how the display always ended, with an image up there that everyone would look forward to seeing and wondering what it is. Now, there's nothing but the same waterfall every year which is old.

And, just for a fresh change, stop freaking saying that they are already working on next NYE fireworks before the one for the current NYE has even taken place. That's probably why it's the same boring shit all the time.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I reckon they should fuck off the fireworks and start using Project Blue Beam (holographic technology)

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With all the technology available they should be more creative with the show. Having the worlds most iconic landmark to play with means the job is already have done. They need to do more with it than just have fireworks.

Firstly, they can use more of the lighting that we have at hand for events such as vivid to draw some of the attention away from what the fireworks are doing. So having the beams around the bridge light up would be awesome as well as having projections on the side buildings.

Its NYE which is the only night for fireworks. Leave the lights show for vivid. You get a whole week for a lights show people don't wait for that one time of year to see stupid lights for one night.

Secondly, the fireworks need to be more than just up and explode, that need more of a design to change the way they move. Torpedos for instance they fly around crazy and don't explode.

They already use those. YOU just don't pay attention to them because lets face it YOU don't like them.

How about also using a few drones that have some fireworks on them - people will have no idea where they have been launched from, they'll just see them appearing in the sky.

Great idea, but have you used a drone? When you find one in the world capable of handling an explosion then suggest it.
Also fireworks need to be set from the ground up not from the sky down. That would be kind of scary tbh...when you come up with a logical way of it working then come back to me.

Then you have all the ones that can be synced with the music, so the lights and fireworks behave to the beat of the music.

Dude you really arent very attentive are you? What do you think they've been using since 2000? Maybe you have really bad rhythm? Seriously the things YOU think they're behind on i think YOURE behind on.

Finally, put something back on the bridge to end the show - ANYTHING. That was how the display always ended, with an image up there that everyone would look forward to seeing and wondering what it is. Now, there's nothing but the same waterfall every year which is old.

Um, buddy, they didn't do it this year because the bridge WAS the icon :expressionless:

And, just for a fresh change, stop freaking saying that they are already working on next NYE fireworks before the one for the current NYE has even taken place. That's probably why it's the same boring shit all the time.

Im pretty sure you're the only guy in Sydney who finds the fireworks boring. Sweety try actually celebrating nye and then it wont be so boring.

In conclusion, if they were paying you to do it love, we'd pretty much be watching the same thing that we're watching now. There is absolutely nothing new with your ideas hun.

No offence you know i love you and all and no it isn't the hormones, you've just failed to really explain why you don't like it. And i think its because in general you just don't like fireworks...:blush:

Last edited:

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon they should fuck off the fireworks and start using Project Blue Beam (holographic technology)
If i wanted to see that, id just buy a computer that uses VR technology. Far better but eventually we will all have access to it. Fireworks are something that's of a tradition, that's like saying "well Christmas trees are outdated so lets stop using them for Christmas and use a picture of one instead" :tearsofjoy:

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly Natboy,
Whilst I look back at English settlement of Australia with sadness to the original aboriginal people, and am the first to defend aboriginals,
I do get frustrated with the "our land" rubbish,

The earth does not belong to any individual group of people as far as I'm concerned,

Humans have been roaming and taking over land for a very very long time,

Australia as an island may have once been solely inhabited by aboriginal people, but not any more,

The land is everyone's,

We humans just borrow it for a short amount of time,

Who knows, one day Australia may well be taken over by China, who knows,
White mans rule over the world was due to advancements in wepons.

But white mans rule over the world is over.

White man is lowering in numbers world wide, the tide is turning,

Aboriginal people will never have the land back as it was over 200 years ago,

You had it for 40,000 or more years all to yourself,

White man then colonised and ruled the land for last 200 years,

But now it belongs to all walks of life, of all colour, good bad and indifferent,

The world is just a big melting pot,

Before you know it, all race of people will not exist, will be just some form of brown human, mixed up of all other races,

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
1. No it's not. Aboriginals would have taken over from Africans / Neanderthals that lived here before they evolved into Aboriginals. Every country has been colonised in history. English colonised Australia. If not for them the Aboriginals would have died out long ago, or been completely and utterly slaughtered if the Indonesians/Chinese/Dutch/Spanish happened to find Australia first.

2. You were last banned in 2014 and it was for abusive / racist remarks.

Not at all disapointing or hypocritical... and given how long ago it was, I'd have thought you have have gotten over it by now.
I do agree,
If the English hadn't colonised Australia, then for sure it would not have taken long for another nation to have done it,

And I agree,
If it were another nation, I'd suspect the aboriginal people may have been completely wiped out.

It's tough on aboriginal people though,
I'd hate it, if Australia as we know it, was to be taken over by a completely foreign race, and we lost our homes, our way of life, our democracy and everything,
And were forced to live a different way of life under a different culture and language and flag,

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If i wanted to see that, id just buy a computer that uses VR technology. Far better but eventually we will all have access to it. Fireworks are something that's of a tradition, that's like saying "well Christmas trees are outdated so lets stop using them for Christmas and use a picture of one instead" :tearsofjoy:
Listen shut up for a second.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Honestly Natboy,
Whilst I look back at English settlement of Australia with sadness to the original aboriginal people, and am the first to defend aboriginals,
I do get frustrated with the "our land" rubbish,

The earth does not belong to any individual group of people as far as I'm concerned,

Humans have been roaming and taking over land for a very very long time,

Australia as an island may have once been solely inhabited by aboriginal people, but not any more,

The land is everyone's,

We humans just borrow it for a short amount of time,

Who knows, one day Australia may well be taken over by China, who knows,
White mans rule over the world was due to advancements in wepons.

But white mans rule over the world is over.

White man is lowering in numbers world wide, the tide is turning,

Aboriginal people will never have the land back as it was over 200 years ago,

You had it for 40,000 or more years all to yourself,

White man then colonised and ruled the land for last 200 years,

But now it belongs to all walks of life, of all colour, good bad and indifferent,

The world is just a big melting pot,

Before you know it, all race of people will not exist, will be just some form of brown human, mixed up of all other races,
I gave this a best post because I'm completely agreed about the mixing pot. I've seen one very vocal very racist old lady drop her racism level when her grandson was born from an interracial relationship.

Racism is an old idea and it won't die out in one generation. But the younger generations have less time for it as you can see from the fact that its no longer socially unacceptable to date, marry or have families with people from outside your culture.

The media and plenty of politicians at present stir the flames of racism for their own benefit, but I think social media makes the world smaller and exposes a huge number of people to new ideas and cultures. Aside from all the ideas spread this way, travel is also affordable for more people now. So people learn to fear other cultures less as they're exposed to them via travel too.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@Mumma
1. Fireworks lasted 12 minutes.. that's 11 minutes and 58 seconds longer than me, so it's still a solid effort.
2. Wouldn't it be cheaper to just round up like .. I dunno .... 300?? homosexuals and have them beat off and jizz in sync off the Harbour Bridge? Damn site cheaper and it would be the epitomy of the fireworks (one giant worldwide wank).

Water lasers, lasers from rooftops, projections all over buildings, barges off the rooftops... we've seen stuff like that before and it's epic. In an era with 3d water projectors, they should be using stuff like that in conjunction with fireworks.

They need to take cues from how Vivid use the harbour, tweak with fireworks, and see how other things have also used the harbour.

We can do much better.