Attention: Fotis (NYE Fireworks Family)

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Hey idiots,

Every f**king year, you say you're going to put on the "best fireworks display ever" and it turns out to be the same shit every year.

You want to be unique and original, DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT!

Sincerely,

Wah35h!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Any suggestions?

I enjoy fireworks i guess... but a the end the day its mostly blowing shit up.

Fireworks are done better when mixed with light displays... i actually think Brisbane's Riverfire does this better than Sydney NYE.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Foti family have been rolling in the cash with the NYE fireworks for years now. Big business, big money. I read somewhere last year that they were paid over $5 million for the fireworks show.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
This is what happens when the braindead City of Sydney and Lord Mayor, tender contracts out for fireworks.

From memory Foti have a 5 year contract with COS and Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority to put on fireworks displays.

What annoys the living shit out of me (aside from being the same shit each year) are 3 things.

1. Why do we always have to add indigenous crap into it?

2. We can spend millions on fireworks and not play more than a few seconds of a track to avoid paying royalties. It's like a shitty Nick Skitz megamix each year.

3. Just in #2, it's 2016, how bloody hard is it to coordinate fireworks tuned to go off to music.

This year will be a fucking televised mess again. You'd have thought ABC would learn from last year that Ella Hooper isn't a presenters arsehole.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Give me the cash and I can make it look and sound like down town Aleppo...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Foti family have been rolling in the cash with the NYE fireworks for years now. Big business, big money. I read somewhere last year that they were paid over $5 million for the fireworks show.
I find it quite funny that the father's name is "Fortunato"

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
im usually asleep by then so i dont give a fuck.the ***** who put on the Australian day fire works at woy woy do alright for a small display

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Give me the cash and I can make it look and sound like down town Aleppo...
id by a 70c pack of sparklers throw em of the bridge with a few burnt out durries and fuck off with the cash job done.maybe even get a few arabs to pop a few rounds with an ak 47 for the finale

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's background entertainment!

Read today about this stupid bloke that got moved on by police for setting up a campsite at McMahons Point 48 hours BEFORE New Years Eve.

I'd love to head into Bradleys Head one time to watch them, but it's just so cramped and oversold.

I was considering heading to Balls Head, Reserve, which is a bit of a hidden gem as is Ballast Point.. but guaranteed it'll be hammered with road closures and shit.

I hate massive crowds.. they get me a little on edge.

The other hidden gem I know of in Sydney would probably be a bitch to get to (Chowder Bay).

Theres a section of bushland off the beaten track, which gets you to a two story high pillbox (or on the roof of a single). Stunning views but guaranteed someone will be three (and knowing my luck it'll be some drug fucks shooting up).
I lived in Wollstonecraft from about 2005 to 2008 and luckily had a harbour view, so didn't need to venture out. Another year I enjoed from a friends place who lived in the apartment block across the road from the Commodore Hotel. The viiew from there was pretty awesome...

Back then Ball's Head was still pretty popular with people camping out from the afternoon before NYE. Not sure how crowded it got on the night.

Many many moons ago I saw them from the end of Glebe Point Road. Wasn't crowded and view was pretty good. But I also had a friend living walking distance from there so didn't have to work about parking/road closures.

Overall I think, unless you know someone with a view of the harbour, its all too much effort.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's background entertainment!

Read today about this stupid bloke that got moved on by police for setting up a campsite at McMahons Point 48 hours BEFORE New Years Eve.

I'd love to head into Bradleys Head one time to watch them, but it's just so cramped and oversold.

I was considering heading to Balls Head, Reserve, which is a bit of a hidden gem as is Ballast Point.. but guaranteed it'll be hammered with road closures and shit.

I hate massive crowds.. they get me a little on edge.

The other hidden gem I know of in Sydney would probably be a bitch to get to (Chowder Bay).

Theres a section of bushland off the beaten track, which gets you to a two story high pillbox (or on the roof of a single). Stunning views but guaranteed someone will be three (and knowing my luck it'll be some drug fucks shooting up).

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What about Breakfast Point? I know it's a rough, gang run area but might have a good view...