The dog charged with saving desperate Des

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He played the majority of his time at 5/8 and centre with a couple of games at fullback. He definitely was not a halfback that can control a team.
you don't make sense.. First you 'like' gonads post about me being clueless (re my negative opinion of mbye ) then write your own view of mbye which is as negative as mine !

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Did anyone see much of mbye in the lower grades before NRL- was he playing any differently than he does now?
yeah he was playing at centre or hooker.... he played QLD U/20's at centre also......he's a centre being played in the halves

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
you don't make sense.. First you 'like' gonads post about me being clueless (re my negative opinion of mbye ) then write your own view of mbye which is as negative as mine !
The coach should tailor his gameplan to the players strengths and weakness not try to put a square into a round hole. Mbye is a great runner and would be awesome in a Michael Morgan type role. He's not Cooper Crock and never will be. Us playing that shit is 100% Des' fault and not the players fault.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
It's Des's game plan it's that simple, change the game plan and watch how different the team will play.
Id be happy with HAVE a game plan tbh.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The coach should tailor his gameplan to the players strengths and weakness not try to put a square into a round hole. Mbye is a great runner and would be awesome in a Michael Morgan type role. He's not Cooper Crock and never will be. Us playing that shit is 100% Des' fault and not the players fault.
He's the coach , the players should follow his instructions

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He's the coach , the players should follow his instructions
They can't play that way. It's like putting Thurston at prop and then calling him shit because he doesn't make 150 metres a game.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They can't play that way. It's like putting Thurston at prop and then calling him shit because he doesn't make 150 metres a game.
I can understand your point regarding playing players out of position however he's been playing half back for a almost 2 seasons it's not like he's just been plucked from centre to play a couple of fill in games.

I think he's quite dishonest for taking on astronomical amount of money to play halfback without previous halfback skills. Des is just as stupid for allowing it to happen.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yet Lichaa escapes much criticism.

It's not just Mbye.

Mbye - needs to learn to direct the team around the field and talk on it.

Reynolds - needs to play his natural game.

Lichaa - needs to stop passing shit, learn to read the defence better, and run more.

Forwards - need to stay away on the fourth / fifth unless called into play.

Hoppa - needs to play Sunday's.

Morris - need to stay fit.
in short F..n Des need to change his game or we need to change our coach

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I can understand your point regarding playing players out of position however he's been playing half back for a almost 2 seasons it's not like he's just been plucked from centre to play a couple of fill in games.

I think he's quite dishonest for taking on astronomical amount of money to play halfback without previous halfback skills. Des is just as stupid for allowing it to happen.
He will never be a proper halfback. Play him at 5/8 or fullback or get rid of him.

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What the fuck is 'franchise player' meant to be... Stupid yank vernacular pisses me off...

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What the fuck is 'franchise player' meant to be... Stupid yank vernacular pisses me off...
It means the team is built around him. Like the Cowboys with Thurston.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol so reynolds.... the experienced half gets off scot free without a mention.... must be a slow news day

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol so reynolds.... the experienced half gets off scot free without a mention.... must be a slow news day
Yeah he does... it's because he is a 5/8... Pressure is on Mbye because we have invested heavily in him, his position requires him to control the team and he hasn't shown all his cards yet... we all know what to expect from Reynolds

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah he does... it's because he is a 5/8... Pressure is on Mbye because we have invested heavily in him, his position requires him to control the team and he hasn't shown all his cards yet... we all know what to expect from Reynolds
What do you expect from your more experienced half???

With our structure 6 and 7 and the same only different sides of the field... like cronk/thurston in origin

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What do you expect from your more experienced half???

With our structure 6 and 7 and the same only different sides of the field... like cronk/thurston in origin
Experience level is irrelevant... we can't just expect Reynolds to change and move into an organisational role... blind freddy can see he is not capable of doing so, and he isn't expected to.

Mbye is capable of doing so, even though I would classify him more of a 5/8 rather than a halfback... he's been put in the halfback role and he is expected to learn how to.. he needs to shape up

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Experience level is irrelevant... we can't just expect Reynolds to change and move into an organisational role... blind freddy can see he is not capable of doing so, and he isn't expected to.

Mbye is capable of doing so, even though I would classify him more of a 5/8 rather than a halfback... he's been put in the halfback role and he is expected to learn how to.. he needs to shape up
Fair assessment mate. I dont agree with all of it but definately understand your points...

Here is to hoping there is a change in 2017!

Status
Not open for further replies.