Josh Jackson urges James Graham to remain Canterbury Bulldogs NRL captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

timetopisshasleroff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Graham should step aside, jmoz should be our captain, and would represent our side well in that capacity, he must have played over 150 games with us by now

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
James Graham wants to leave the doggies to go to manly thats the rumor doing the rounds so the lurker is saying

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
These ignorant hacks thrive every off-season on 'supposition'. They pin the editorial tail on the donkey and, if the shit sticks, it's a story.
Jacko was probably goaded with a 'what if' type question that some drunken editor demanded to capitalise on shit they've read on forums like this one. Sole purpose: to fill what would otherwise be a blank space on a page. Lazy journalism.
That said, I've long thought Jammer lost his mojo shortly after he was chosen as captain, and, most certainly after Black Friday.
Jacko would make a great skipper: patience, big balls, and a thinker!

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hope so ^^^^^ plodder with a nice pass on massive coin, tah tah. His carries are on par with Tolmans lol. Serious question has anyone actually seen him bend the line or bump off another prop or forward? I have always hated his ball carry, one of the softest I have seen.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Make Brett and Josh Morris captains and confuse the dopey refs.

Nah.. JMoz and Jackson.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
For me there's no standout candidates from our team. Jackson needs to focus on his role, he has enough without the captaincy. J-moz should move on, next year should be his last with us.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've always said that they should install Jmoz as captain next year with Jacko as VC. Then once Jmoz retires in 2 years Jacko takes over with Mbye VC.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why do people even think Graham will improve if he's not captain anymore? lol

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why do people even think Graham will improve if he's not captain anymore? lol
THIS!!!!!! Also why do they think he has become a lesser player in recent years? He is maybe slightly less of a player than he was, but tbh he is pretty much the exact same player he was and always was and always will be. I would much rather have just a PROP, fuck the passing game. A prop thats runs it HARD, who can bust tackles and bend the line. He does neither. Seriously he is Simon Mannering in a props body, a no frills toiler. We have one them already and he's on less money.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why is josh Jackson commenting on this anyway?

Are they obliged to speak to the media?
I think the media just go looking for a particular player in order to work an angle. In this case i guess the player is kind of obliged to offer an opinion. I guess thats why it can sometimes sound like a broken record because they dont want to give anything away.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JOSH JACKSON has urged James Graham to remain Canterbury captain, insisting the English international is the club’s leader.

Graham’s future as skipper is unclear after The Daily Telegraph revealed he has spoken to club officials about possibly stepping down from the role to focus on football.

Jackson believes the British bookend is the man to lead Canterbury long-term.

“James is our leader and he has got all the players behind him,” Jackson told The Sunday Telegraph.

“He leads us every week, so I can’t imagine that happening (standing down).”

James Graham has spoken to Bulldogs officials about possibly stepping down from the captaincy. Picture: Gregg Porteous

Jackson has been mentioned as a potential replacement for Graham, but he refused to stake his claim for the position. While admitting he was interested in leadership, the unassuming backrower preferred to talk up his fellow teammates.

“I still think there are a lot of guys at the Bulldogs that are great leaders and they are a lot more experienced than me,” he said.

“Aiden Tolman, we’ve still got the two Morris boys (Josh and Brett) there and Greg Eastwood as well.”

On the back of a disappointing 2016 season by the club’s lofty standards, Jackson said the players believed their hopes of making amends had been boosted by the news coach Des Hasler would remain at Belmore despite pressure from sections of the board.

“Des has got the full support of every single player from last year,” he said.

Josh Jackson has developed into a strong leader at the Canterbury Bulldogs. Picture: Gregg Porteous

“I know I was personally rapt to have him stay. He is a great coach and he is really good for the team, so I was very happy.”

Despite being named the NSW Blues’ player of the year, Jackson — who played two Tests in 2014 — was surprisingly overlooked for Australia’s Four Nations campaign.

“I would have loved to be involved this year,” he said.

“I didn’t get the nod, so I’ll rip in this pre-season and hopefully start the season well and see how it goes.

“In terms of us at the Bulldogs, it would be great to get the premiership.

“I guess that starts with a top-four spot, because that’s probably the key to being in amongst it.”

Source
I've always preferred an 80 minute player for captain. I mean how good was Andrew bobcat Ryan! Always kept his cool, played a patient and smart game. I think Jackson could play that role.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jmoz should be made captain. Longest serving player at our club (going into his 9th season ) and someone who can talk to the refs.
What? His lucky to be in the side!! He has done nothing for 5 years!!

N

Natboy

Jmoz should be made captain. Longest serving player at our club (going into his 9th season ) and someone who can talk to the refs.
I agree with this and have been thinking the same thing.
He's a talker and has played the game at the highest level.
Jackson seems too quiet.
At least captaincy would force Reynolds to calm the fark down!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Why is josh Jackson commenting on this anyway?

Are they obliged to speak to the media?
I'd say he was approached by the media as he's next in line to be our captain (talk is he'll be the NSW captain in 2017 AHEAD of Aaron Woods).

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can someone tell me why Graham isnt a good captain..

Hes one the best Captain weve had since since Steve Price imo

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Co captains.. Jacko and mbye.

Heard today graham is on the outer and maybe heading to manly. Don't know if its true but yeah its in the air

Status
Not open for further replies.