Ivan Cleary, John Cartwright head list if Hasler leaves Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know for 100% fact that hollbrook has been spoken to.
Theres no way knowing how he would go

A rookie coach is a risk.. it paid off for the Rorter $ but they brought in Maloney SBW Jennings ODonnell and co to strengthen their squad

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hasler is still the best option.

I hope this is just a way of the board putting pressure on him to make changes. Especially with our attack I bet they are sick to death of watching our clueless attack as well.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I hope this is just a way of the board putting pressure on him to make changes. Especially with our attack I bet they are sick to death of watching our clueless attack as well.
I kinda hope thats the case and it's scared the shit out of him that he's writting a new game plan as we speak.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score

I agree.

The wankers on here wanting Des sacked will be the first to scream for the blood of the next coach when we finish bottom four next season!

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I kinda hope thats the case and it's scared the shit out of him that he's writting a new game plan as we speak.
I agree.

The wankers on here wanting Des sacked will be the first to scream for the blood of the next coach when we finish bottom four next season!
Also the no Sunday clause is a massive joke on us fans.. which moron wrote that into the contract? That needs to be addressed in the off season.

Lichaa and Mbye can't develop to their potential with our current attack. Reynolds can't use his running game because he has no options around him except for the predictable inside ball to Jackson lol

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What credentials does Dymock have to warrant him to take on the head coach's job at the Dogs LOL
He is not liked but loved by the players n thats comin from a couple players talkin on behalf of the rest (been said at a few common bbqs where these players were).
He's a tough no nonsense but fun coach to play for aswel is what I've heard frm the same guys.
He will punish poor performances by droppin u as we've all witnessed.
He's big on promoting young players that deserve a shot.
He coaches an exciting yet a tough defensive brand of footy.
I've met him at the coaches nite on 2 occasions n he is an absolute champion bloke that breeds footy with a very smart footy brain.
He understands what it takes to be a bulldog despite what some think.
As much as des sux as a canterbury coach, JD still would of picked up a few good things along way frm the so called master coach.
Also knw his brothers good mate n all u hear is good shit n most importantly he has a real smart footy head on him. (no wonder why he was in such big demand by gus, warriors n nsw) but im sure he's waitin in line for the top job at canterbury.

I believe in him n thats what counts for me.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is, whether you want to believe it or not, apart from Bellamy and perhaps Bennett, everyone else is a downgrade on Des.

He's made a few calls that have backfired, no doubt. However, he is still one of the three best coaches in the comp.

If he goes, it will take years to recover. The only reason this rabble of a team has made finals is because of him. I honestly believe we'll go back to 2008 style garbage floggings every week if he leaves!
Who hand picks the fkn team? Who should be gettin the best out of the players he hand picks? Whos responsible for the structure and style? What fkn drugs are u on? Lol
Why fkn play it safe by sayin everyone is a downgrade? Have u ever takin a risk in life?
Probably fkn not! Lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
A lot of this year relied on expectations that Mbye and Reynolds would take control and order troops around the paddock. This never happened.

Also Des had requested several players to come to the club, only for castle and the board to reject the idea.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of this year relied on expectations that Mbye and Reynolds would take control and order troops around the paddock. This never happened.

Also Des had requested several players to come to the club, only for castle and the board to reject the idea.
He did not change the structure of the team for the halves to "order" the troops around the paddock. His structure took the halves out of the game.

Yeah, Des requested the Sunday Hopoate clause and the board approved it. What a masterstroke that was. The board was correct about Foran, and seems like they quickly learnt about the Hoppa disaster.

Also he requested Lichaa, Kaufusi, Holland, Brett Morris (to play out of position), Williams , etc - great recruitment and every single recruitement paid off to the last dollar!

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cartwright would be smart to abandon the Barrett sinking ship at Manly.

If the club signs him as head Coach that'll do me

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Both pretty rubbish options. Cleary is just a new version of Brian Smith. Goes into a club and cleans it out getting rid of some bad players and some good players, takes his paycheck then leaves the club broken. Carty has the head of a forward. Similar to Des but with less strategy. He gets young players then tells them to do what they want. On the plus side it would let the hooker and halves do what they want, on the downside it lacks any strategy.

I would be happy with either Dymock or Pay.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Rubbish. Look at the structures in place, anyone with half a brain can understand that our halves were never given the chance to control the team. How the fuck can a half control the team when he is constantly being used to sweep around the edges while slow forwards fuck around with the ball in the middle third and not provide options as runners?

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cartwright would be smart to abandon the Barrett sinking ship at Manly.

If the club signs him as head Coach that'll do me
He doesn't seem to concerned about his job there as he was caught laughing at Barrett when Manly lost that Penrith game.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He doesn't seem to concerned about his job there as he was caught laughing at Barrett when Manly lost that Penrith game.
He wasn't laughing at Barrett. He was laughing because Bryce gave the Manly defence a bath and setup another try lol.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
My two cents.

I agree with those that no coach around is on paper as good as Des. Bellamy sure quality coach, that said he has been gifted the best spine in the world for a decade? Wayne? Knights showed he can't do miracles either without the roster. Take away Milford, Boyd, Hunt and see how he goes again.

Outside of those 2 there is not a single coach I would say is even in the debate.

I think the BEST outcome for the club here is Des sees this shit isn't going to fly. The way we are playing isn't going to work. It may have been close and probz should of in 2012, though that time has gone. We have lost guys like Barba, Ennis, Pritchard, Finucane, Inu etc who were a huge part of that.

That door has shut.

If Des is prepared to accept that, to strip shit back to the bare and put together a new game plan and more importantly he and the board/CEO (who in my opinion needs to be sacked instantly) address the major issues on the roster like a part time centre playing fullback and a fucking dominate half be bought ASAP along with fucking off Lichaa/Tolman then I am all for Des staying on and shit being reworked.

If not I see 2017 as a write off and no real positive in sight as there is no coach and no quality additions to our roster in sight.

Dymock or Cleary or whoever (fuck off Carty) might go ok though the roster is really not that good when you take your Dogs glasses off. Morris bro's, Graham are looking passed it. Mbye is massively over hyped. Kasiano is fucking great, for 10 minutes each half. Jackson & Klemmer are the only two high quality players we have these days.

We need a major overhaul on the roster. Be it Des or Dymock we need to make some tough calls and cut Tolman, Lichaa. We need to potentially plan Graham, Morris bro's to UK etc, Hoppa to church. Go for and ACTUALLY GET someone like Tedesco/Holmes/Ponga etc for fullback to build around. Along with a quality half to help fucking build a squad to ATTACK again.

If Des can accept the massive change needed in our style and game plan. Go and tell Lichaa & Tolman to go. Move Mbye to 9, throw some of there money at Ponga and put him at 1. If Hoppa won't play Sundays fuck him off and sign a decent centre to replace him or give Brenko Lee a go and use his money on a quality half with Tolmans and whatever is left over from Williams, Browne, Rona, Perrett etc fucking going. Fuck Lloyd off if need be to have some decent money FFS.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Why don't you go get fucked you fuckwit and go shove des up your ass .
Des is shit and the club knows this so fuck off to where ever des goes you peice of shit.

lol you child, you want jason taylor so you instantly become a dumb fuck

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
Lets be honest, will sacking Des really help our club?

Asking him to change things completely and rebuild as though he is new to the club would be far better in my honest opinion.

Its like selling the Ferrari because it needs a new gearbox and tune and replacing it with a Commodore. Come on, in all honesty, there is no comparison!

Status
Not open for further replies.