"Des will only leave if he wants to" - James Hooper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you serious? And what does that get you
https://www.canterbury.com.au/benefits

Take a look, Boxer17. I wasn't in Australia until 2014 when I joined, so a little under a year now until I enjoy voting privileges.
Strongly suggest all join the league club, show your support and especially if you are interested in the direction the club takes, at board level.

~c.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Go to the leagues club and tell them you want to be a member
So if you have a membership card for the leagues club enabling you to go and use club facilities etc. that is all you need. ( Both hubby and I have five year memberships) You only then have to wait three years and you are able to vote?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up guys there's two different memberships. There's the leagues club membership where you can vote for the leagues club board and the football club membership where you vote for the football club board.

To become a member of the football club you have to pick up a form from the office at Belmore Sports groud and get endorsed by 2 members.

The "membership" that the club sells on the website and markets everywhere is just a glorified season ticket.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
What came first? The quality half or the quality halves coach....

It's like the chicken and the egg
We are apparently having a go for Foran... If we sign a half who only plays half the time, are we signing a half.... Or a quarter?

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Even if we recurited the best players in the world why would things improve. You can fault haslers shitty game plan all you want but fact remains our players are weak fat and slow with no endurance. Who cares what the game plan is when the overweight players are cooked after 40 mintues of footy.

Yeah they could use the backs more etc etc but far out i would have targeted strength and conditioning and sprinting 2 years ago. Get someone who is proven and even the shittest game plan will improve.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Just a heads up guys there's two different memberships. There's the leagues club membership where you can vote for the leagues club board and the football club membership where you vote for the football club board.

To become a member of the football club you have to pick up a form from the office at Belmore Sports groud and get endorsed by 2 members.

The "membership" that the club sells on the website and markets everywhere is just a glorified season ticket.
@dogluva

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
"Des will only leave if he wants to"

So in other words he is going no where

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
So it's $20 for 5 years is that right? And in 3 years I can vote?
https://www.canterbury.com.au/benefits

Take a look, Boxer17. I wasn't in Australia until 2014 when I joined, so a little under a year now until I enjoy voting privileges.
Strongly suggest all join the league club, show your support and especially if you are interested in the direction the club takes, at board level.

~c.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Apologies folks, I thought that the Canterbury League Club membership gave voting rights...
I called the League Club today and they mentioned three year waiting time before one can vote for the board.

Maybe @Spoonman84 can help clear this up.

The board listed here https://www.canterbury.com.au/board-management appears to be those mentioned in articles.

Please help provide clarity for @dogluva and @Boxer17 with regard going to Belmore and requiring two members' endorsement v's the league club membership.

Once again, apologies for providing inaccurate information.

~c.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It looks like the club is doing something now and trying to make some changes in the footy department... should have happened a few years ago but at least its happening

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Apologies folks, I thought that the Canterbury League Club membership gave voting rights...
I called the League Club today and they mentioned three year waiting time before one can vote for the board.

The board listed here https://www.canterbury.com.au/board-management appears to be those mentioned in articles.

Please help provide clarity for @dogluva and @Boxer17 with regard going to Belmore and requiring two members' endorsement v's the league club membership.

~c.
It's been mentioned already but I'll do it again, there are two (2) boards that you can be a member of. One being the football club and the other is the leagues club.
The board that is involved in recruitment of Raylene is the football club.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

~c.
Ok so there is two boards the Canterbury Leagues Club board which looks after the licenced club full of pokies. The Leagues club board is-
Steve Mortimer
George Peponis (Chairman)
Ray Dib
Arthur Coorey
Peter McMahon
George Coorey
Barry Ward

The Football Club Board is responsible for the Canterbury Bulldogs football club. The board is-
Ray Dib (Chairman)
Arthur Coorey
Anthony Elias
Andrew Farrar
Anter Isaac
Peter McMahon
Steve Mortimer

I know they look very similar but they are completely different boards. The way the leagues club is set up is to funnel money towards the football club so this is why so many of them are on both boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.