Make Ennis an offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With the announcement of Michael Ennis retiring this year and still on a career high I would have assumed other clubs would be making beeline towards him .

He has been a master stroke for the Sharks and I still stand by him being the missing link in our team. He was held in high regard by all our players and knew how to motivate the team.

If des could just pull his head in and realise this , we might have a chance next year.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
you mean Ennis for coach?

absolutely!

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Ennis isn't the answer. Our attack was shit with Ennis as well, aside from 2012.

Ennis looked like he needed to retire in our side.

Don't offer Ennis a contract, offer Des the door.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ennis isn't the answer. Our attack was shit with Ennis as well, aside from 2012.

Ennis looked like he needed to retire in our side.

Don't offer Ennis a contract, offer Des the door.
Absolutely. It doesn't matter who is at hooker they'll only be allowed to pass and tackle by Des. Creativity in the number 9 isn't an option.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yeah Ennis was terrible in attack at our club, went to the Sharks and became an attacking force because his coach gives him an open license.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bullfrog use to close the door once u left..

now we have Fans making signs for opposition players when they return to Belmore

Proud to be Mediocre
It's all part of the game going soft. Parker in origin demanded "respect" from Klemmer then and there he should have been dropped you don't ask the opposition for respect.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
With the announcement of Michael Ennis retiring this year and still on a career high I would have assumed other clubs would be making beeline towards him .

He has been a master stroke for the Sharks and I still stand by him being the missing link in our team. He was held in high regard by all our players and knew how to motivate the team.

If des could just pull his head in and realise this , we might have a chance next year.
Ahhhhh, wolfie.
Whilst I admire your passion, it won't make any difference. des will just force him to play like lichaa.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will make a difference a much better prospect then licha. But as much as I would love it personally it won't happen. We need to look forward not back wards and start rebuilding

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We should have written up a cheque and handed it to Bellamy and told him write down what ever number you want. We don't care. But you are starting here on Monday.

Statistically des is a top 3 coach. But Des is more fascinated with statistics and chasing dud players then recruiting to strengthen positions and have a game plan that suits our team. The lack of kas last night really showed how hopeless we are in the opposition red zone.

I was listening to bellamy's coaching techniques. How he doesn't do skill session unless the players are fatigued. I was thinking that's brilliant. Because no point passing the balls around and running set plays when you are fresh. Because there will never be a time in games when you are fresh. So Atleast they are used to doing it when they are exhausted and once you perfect it tired you'll find it easier during the games.

Hasler should stop recording each training session and dividing the field into 1/3 and rehearsing each play (he even has the players know their exact position they need to be standing on on each play when they are on the field), and coach more tactically. Coach what's in front of you. Coach set plays, coach when the fullback comes into the line and when to run block plays. But don't coach running the ball towards the posts on the 4th tackle. This hasn't worked once.

We already have limited attack. Doing a hit up on the 4th and 5th tackle isn't what we need. That way we virtually have no chance to score.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We should have written up a cheque and handed it to Bellamy and told him write down what ever number you want. We don't care. But you are starting here on Monday.

Statistically des is a top 3 coach. But Des is more fascinated with statistics and chasing dud players then recruiting to strengthen positions and have a game plan that suits our team. The lack of kas last night really showed how hopeless we are in the opposition red zone.

I was listening to bellamy's coaching techniques. How he doesn't do skill session unless the players are fatigued. I was thinking that's brilliant. Because no point passing the balls around and running set plays when you are fresh. Because there will never be a time in games when you are fresh. So Atleast they are used to doing it when they are exhausted and once you perfect it tired you'll find it easier during the games.

Hasler should stop recording each training session and dividing the field into 1/3 and rehearsing each play (he even has the players know their exact position they need to be standing on on each play when they are on the field), and coach more tactically. Coach what's in front of you. Coach set plays, coach when the fullback comes into the line and when to run block plays. But don't coach running the ball towards the posts on the 4th tackle. This hasn't worked once.

We already have limited attack. Doing a hit up on the 4th and 5th tackle isn't what we need. That way we virtually have no chance to score.
A new perspective to training, makes sense.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The reason I want Ennis back is not for his hooker skills, its for his unique ability to successfully manage and execute des's stupid game plan plus motivate the team. It'd be like having a working coach on the field.

There's enough whispers to assume older experienced players are less desirable and worse than young athletic players which in fact is a fallacy .

You just have to look at the knights to see this failed theory.

On the other hand the storm and cronulla with their ageing spines are table toppers

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Did anybody see ennis at the game last night. Was nice of him to come down. Show respect to the club to have a player from a opposition team come down. I think Aaron woods was there too.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Did anybody see ennis at the game last night. Was nice of him to come down. Show respect to the club to have a player from a opposition team come down. I think Aaron woods was there too.
Obviously Aaron Woods to Bulldogs ffs. I think Ennis was on triple m last night for the game?

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was on mmm hence why he was there

Status
Not open for further replies.