Bulldogs want Des Hasler to stay on as coach until at least 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Personally I think 12 years without a premiership is too long for a club like ours, if Des can't deliver we need to go in a new direction, close enough isn't good enough.

As for people's opinions if we were all positive or negative this place would be boring. Make your point but please avoid abusing other users if they have a different opinion.
Took Manly 12 years from 96 to 2008, Broncos havent won since 06 so not that far behind us. For me its more that I cant see when we'll win another GF, we're currently stuck in limbo having identical seasons year after year with no change.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People are complaining about the negativity of some posts. That poses a question. What is there to be positive about?
Hasler basically has been a failure. He gets outcoached by NRL rookies. He isnt the supercoach. Saddest part is that I cannot see him changing anything at all.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Look at 2014? We were extremely lucky we even made the 8 lol. Can't agree with that at all.
Read my post again and you'll realise u strengthened my point.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Thank god there is still some people on here that are not part of the stone throwing we love our club as long as we win a premiership this year crowd. Fact is even if Bennett was our coach we would not be in a better position. To win a comp you need great forwards, a great spine and a lot of luck. We don't have all those things. I'm not a real fan of our playing style but I understand why we play that way. Our spine is not up to playing like JT/Molan or the Brisbane pair. As much as I would have wanted us to sign Sezer when we had the chance. I am not going to throw stones at our club. Win or lose we are the Bulldogs.
That is the biggest load of crap i have ever heard. Anybody besides Hasler would doa better job and if wayne Bennett was coach half the team would be given their matching orders by now instead of pickin the same fucking team every week.
Hasler is the recruiter, the coach, actually everything is under his control so he has no one to blame but himself for the mess we are in

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The really sad thing about the current situation is that the people whinging and bitching like we're in wooden spoon contention right now are probably going to turn around and claim they initiated change with their negative attitude when our attack starts to click.

I never thought i would say this but I am starting to envy the Roosters for having fairweather fans. At the moment it's like we have a group of people screaming out for lunch. When lunch finally arrives they won't thank the cook, they'll congratulate themselves on how their screaming finally made lunch arrive.

The psychology of humans means that even when we don't want to read into the opinions of others we are always very curious to know what others think of us. I would hazard a guess that a large portion of the team have by this stage worked out that a vocal portion of fans think they're not up to standard and have allowed that negativity to influence their natural confidence. How many of you can honestly say that when you didn't read your report card at school that you were supposed to not read. I'd guess that most people would have taken a sneaky glance.

I think that part of being a supporter means that we have to help the team build their confidence, and judging by what i read on here i would hate to think that any of our players ever finish reading their facebook updates knowing that they've lost the respect of the fans. Human nature focuses on negativity and most of the team use some form of social media, so they're in a position where they're going to encounter the negative feelings that are around it's going to reflect poorly in their self belief levels. If you really want to help the team then send the club a message telling them you are withdrawing your support ubtil things change. It's not really helpful to create a negative attitude on sociual media.
Interesting point mate. Thing is that if this was Des's first year I would tend to agree with you but speaking for myself only it has taken me 5 years to get to this point regarding Des. Having stuck with the boys through all the bad stuff in our history and with them even now I certainly don't consider myself a "fairweather fan" at all. I come on here to discuss footy, tactics, goods and bads and would find a forum where 1 person writes something and then 100 people agree as fairly boring. I have followed footy and played it all my life and would consider myself knowledgeable about the game so I know when I am watching something boring. As they say, "you can polish a turd but it's still a turd". Des's footy of nil mistakes and nil risk will beat 12 out of 16 teams in the comp but that doesn't win GF's, just look at Brissie and Cowboys who are easily the bench mark. I think Des can turn this around BUT after 5 years of NOT changing it seems unlikely he will, it's all he has to do. I DO think the voice of change can change things and I wouldn't be surprised after several articles lately saying as such that we may see something different against the Tigpies, fingers crossed anyways. Go Dogs!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Tbh I thought Ennis played great at the Dogs, every time he was missing we seemed to lack some real grunt. He wasn't exactly winding down towards the end of his time with us so to see him be successful with a club that is in top form isn't too much of a surprise to me
I think the Ennis thing has shown (especially me) that perhaps it's not just the players....

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the Ennis thing has shown (especially me) that perhaps it's not just the players....

this is why you will never see me blaming players for their inept performances except for Trex (for obvious reasons)

As i said on numerous posts before, Des is not a dumb ass who cant coach and/or cant teach our halves to come up with set plays, Des is fcken smart, but he at the same time he has proven to be super stubborn and arrogant.

Not sure if this is the old age or he is surrounded by wrong people or may be his head is so far up his arse that he cant see the reality that his formula is not working any more.

He is just like that crazy doctor who keeps recommending his patient with a certain disease the same medicine over and over again... in the process he might find half his patients somewhat had some recovery but half the patients have fucken died as a result...and this doctor knows there are other doctors who are treating this disease by other medicines which have worked, yet this crazy doctor will not change his prescription.

Its time for that crazy doctor to either make himself aware of the new technological advancement in his field of study or quit!

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The only players with any creative licence under Des' structures are front rowers, "locks", and maybe fullback.

Every other position has to stay in their channel, and without deviation.

Halves in staying away form the middle third, second rowers only running in narrow channels, centres standing in the outside quarters waiting for crappy ball, hookers simply passing from the ground, never engaging markers or the line, with around two runs per game with no support.

In order for Des' strategy to work, we either need the opposition to make mistakes, or the Dogs need to make none, and out-enthuse the opposition for 80mins.

It probably also requires a good kicking game.

The bench rotation also asks too much of Graham and Tolman, who play long, low intensity minutes, when Kasiano is luck to get 25 minutes, and a bench second rower lucky to get 5.

Graham, Eastwood, Tolman, Browne etc. don't appear to have the energy to out enthuse a team for 80 minutes anymore.

The "super fit" forwards talk at the beginning of the year was a bit of a myth.

My last point might sound ridiculous, and it probably is, but I remember Des saying in 2014 that he wears glasses because he struggles to see what's 10 metres in front of him at times. Could it be that he can't see the field properly from the coach's box? Could all this money he spends on technology be useless because he is too stubborn to wear his glasses? lol

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That hurts the most, seeing Grahams smirk on Sterlo when they asked what has changed this year with the forwards looking fit I thought something really did change.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
That hurts the most, seeing Grahams smirk on Sterlo when they asked what has changed this year with the forwards looking fit I thought something really did change.
I remember seeing that as well, and being hopefully.

Unfortunately, Graham seems to have struggled standing up to play the ball in the past few games.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I have a similar level of disillusionment over Des being coach moving forward as I do Daley being NSW coach.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
The only players with any creative licence under Des' structures are front rowers, "locks", and maybe fullback.

Every other position has to stay in their channel, and without deviation.

Halves in staying away form the middle third, second rowers only running in narrow channels, centres standing in the outside quarters waiting for crappy ball, hookers simply passing from the ground, never engaging markers or the line, with around two runs per game with no support.

In order for Des' strategy to work, we either need the opposition to make mistakes, or the Dogs need to make none, and out-enthuse the opposition for 80mins.

It probably also requires a good kicking game.

The bench rotation also asks too much of Graham and Tolman, who play long, low intensity minutes, when Kasiano is luck to get 25 minutes, and a bench second rower lucky to get 5.

Graham, Eastwood, Tolman, Browne etc. don't appear to have the energy to out enthuse a team for 80 minutes anymore.

My last point might sound ridiculous, and it probably is, but I remember Des saying in 2014 that he wears glasses because he struggles to see what's 10 metres in front of him at times. Could it be that he can't see the field properly from the coach's box? Could all this money he spends on technology be useless because he is too stubborn to wear his glasses? lol
Problem is the dogs aren't exactly known for being switched on for the full 80 mins. All you gotta do is re-watch the game against the Titans so show how weak the team is mentally.

Bluewhite93

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Unfortunately (and im not referring to you) certain people are to self righteous to realise that their comments are just as negative and inflammatory as the people they chastise.. Its actually quite funny .. Telling people not to express themselves is pretty much as negative as it gets!!! Last time I checked this is a public forum for public opinion.... If people want to make comment thats great (yay or nay) but they should not be singling others out because their opinions differs to that of their own..............
Exactly right

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We don't have enough quality players to win a premiership.

We have loads of players with potential but then again so do u10's

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't believe we need to complete our sets to win a game.

We need to mix it up and catch the opposition off guard

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I've already requested I be banned from this site because I'm over the shit. Have fun with playing the victim.
Why would you request to be banned? Why don't you just not come on the site?

Sounds like you're playing the victim, no?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.