Parramatta Eels Salary Cap Rort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: Source: Parra Eels Website

The Parramatta Eels are working as a priority to ensure the club is salary cap compliant in time for next week’s Round 10 game against the South Sydney Rabbitohs.
The process is being led by former NRL salary cap auditor and club consultant, Ian Schubert, in accordance with NRL requirements.
The club recognises that being salary cap compliant and able to accrue competition points is essential for the Parramatta Eels playing group, Members and supporters, and the game of rugby league.
The club is also working closely with the NRL throughout this process.
The Eels remain committed to communicating further updates as they are available.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What happened to that bullshit threat of fielding park footballers?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Look at their draw and tell me they won't make the 8...

Souths
Storm
Knights
Titans
Souths
Sharks
Roosters
Panthers
Titans
Tigers
Manly
Broncos
Raiders

Dragons
Warriors

Top 8 teams are bolded

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So sounds like they Eels are getting rid of Ryan Morgan (already left before this punishment broke), and Watmough (due to medical retirement).

Can still keep every other play obtained due to going over the cap.

Absolute bullshit.

If they win a premiership with ANY of those players at the club it should be null and void until the players are disbursed for other clubs to approach them.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I know the Chartered Accountant on the board of Parra pretty well. He didn't do anything wrong apparently but I'm still going to give him hell..As he despises the mighty BDogs...

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How can Will Hopoate sue Parramatta regarding his contract, when it wasn't registered with the NRL.

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
How can Will Hopoate sue Parramatta regarding his contract, when it wasn't registered with the NRL.
Kaz, you come up with the really good questions:-)

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the eels somehow become compliant and end up getting enough points to make the finals then this will be my last year watching league.

Fed up with this bullshit inconsistent punishments depending on who you are.

We cheat, we lose everything, storm cheat, lose everything, eels cheat "become compliant and you can play for points".

Weak as piss decision by Todd. Should be barred from earning points for the remainder of the year and every year until they abide by the rules.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My understanding is; will and the club agreed to terms and both signed the contract. So will would've been under the impression the deal was done, then the eels refused to register the contract, because it suited them.
I'd say he has grounds for damages, maybe not the full contract amount... but something.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Because he signed a contract, the Eels signed a contract, and the Eels said they'll submit it to the NRL... and that never happened.

Breach of contract by the Eels.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I reckon the time is ripe now to look for a TRex replacement from Parra's stocks:
Kenny Edwards
Tepai Moeroa
Manu M'au

Or grab someone like Foran/Norman (Norman would be ripe for the picking given he's off contract next year), or even Luke Kelly!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I reckon the time is ripe now to look for a TRex replacement from Parra's stocks:
Kenny Edwards
Tepai Moeroa
Manu M'au

Or grab someone like Foran/Norman (Norman would be ripe for the picking given he's off contract next year), or even Luke Kelly!
Takairangi would be on my shopping list

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Takairangi would be on my shopping list
Who said the meat market is dead!! Just a small point here fellas as you pick my team apart. In 2002, you lost your points, but how many players did you have to part with for the next season??

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Who said the meat market is dead!! Just a small point here fellas as you pick my team apart. In 2002, you lost your points, but how many players did you have to part with for the next season??
Hey, take it as a compliment bro lol I think Taka is a good player.

IIRC, our players took pay cuts to stay together.

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey, take it as a compliment bro lol I think Taka is a good player.

IIRC, our players took pay cuts to stay together.
Correct. But ours have been banned from doing the same. So how is the argument that the NRL want them to go all the way through to the GF, if they can't keep their players?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Correct. But ours have been banned from doing the same. So how is the argument that the NRL want them to go all the way through to the GF, if they can't keep their players?
Just give us Ma'u and be done with it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.