Parramatta Eels Salary Cap Rort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Auckland Nines trophy to be stripped. So all that jumping up and down for absolutely nothing.
Happiest day of the year so far.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Doesn't matter if they shed players or win all their remaining games, 2016 is tainted and should always have an * next to it in the record books.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
BREAKING: NRL statement released:
The club will be fined the maximum penalty of $1 million (with $250,000 suspended if the club accelerates the governance reforms recommended by PWC within a specified time frame)
The Parramatta Eels will be docked all competition points accumulated so far this season while their team was in breach of the salary cap. The club will be able to begin accruing points as soon as it makes the necessary changes to comply with the 2016 cap
The club will be stripped of its Auckland Nines competition title won earlier this year

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't wanna say too much so I only have two words. SUCKED. IN.

Reactions: Izy

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This from AAP.

I think the fine, when compared to others, seems reasonable consistent - maybe playing for no points at all might have been more fitting?

NRL hand Parramatta Eels 12-point deduction for salary cap breaches

• All points so far accrued this season will be lost
  • Club also fined $1 million and stripped of Auckland Nines title

Parramatta will reconvene after the representative weekend for round 10 on zero points, and bottom on the NRL ladder. Photograph: Mark Nolan/Getty Images

Parramatta have been stripped of all 12 competition points they secured so far this season after the NRL handed down its findings into the salary cap investigation.

The punishment, which includes a maximum $1 million fine and the stripping of their Auckland Nines title, will send the Eels straight to the bottom of the ladder after nine rounds played.

NRL boss Todd Greenberg met with the Parramatta players ahead of an 11:30am press conference.

It has also been reported a number of Parramatta officials are to go, including chairman Steve Sharp, chief executive John Boulos, head of football Daniel Anderson, deputy chairman Tom Issa and director Peter Serraro.

At the centre of the alleged breaches are a number of third-party deals.

Despite the loss of 12 competition points, the Eels remain a mathematical chance of making this year’s finals series.

With 28 points considered the cut-off to make the top eight, Parramatta could still reach 34 points should they win their remaining 15 games this season.

They become the fourth team in the history of the NRL to have points deducted for rorting, following on from Canterbury in 2002, the Warriors in 2006 and Melbourne in 2010.

Sharp told members at a fiery AGM on Monday night that he would resign if it meant the club were spared a points deduction.

Sharp reportedly clashed several times with former chairman Dennis Fitzgerald who said the current board’s position would be untenable when the NRL’s integrity unit reveals its findings.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
When Melbourne cheated, they won premierships. When Canterbury cheated, they were on their way to the minor premiership and who knows how further. When Lance Armstrong cheated, he won the Tour De France seven times, Maradona scored a goal in the world cup, Marion Jones won five medals at the Olympics... See what I'm getting at here?

How the fuck and how much of a shit **** do you have to be to massively rort the cap and still cop an unlubed 20 inch cock up your ass? Cheating to win wooden spoons. Fucking shit *****. It's like Usain Bolt taking steroids and still losing a race to Phil Gould. How embarrassing.

This just proves what a nothing, peasant club Parra is. Their entire claim to fame is "remember how good we were for 4 years 30 years ago?". 13 wooden spoons (most of any current nrl team. Again, how embarrassing) and you need to cheat to "win" them. Just give up, you peasants.

They are now, rightfully, placed in the same lower class as Tigers, Raiders, Titans, Panthers, Dragons, Warriors and Knights. We all know they're not going to win shit, they're just a nuisance. They just exist for no reason.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
When Melbourne cheated, they won premierships. When Canterbury cheated, they were on their way to the minor premiership and who knows how further. When Lance Armstrong cheated, he won the Tour De France seven times, Maradona scored a goal in the world cup, Marion Jones won five medals at the Olympics... See what I'm getting at here?

How the fuck and how much of a shit **** do you have to be to massively rort the cap and still cop an unlubed 20 inch cock up your ass? Cheating to win wooden spoons. Fucking shit *****. It's like Usain Bolt taking steroids and still losing a race to Phil Gould. How embarrassing.

This just proves what a nothing, peasant club Parra is. Their entire claim to fame is "remember how good we were for 4 years 30 years ago?". 13 wooden spoons (most of any current nrl team. Again, how embarrassing) and you need to cheat to "win" them. Just give up, you peasants.

They are now, rightfully, placed in the same lower class as Tigers, Raiders, Titans, Panthers, Dragons, Warriors and Knights. We all know they're not going to win shit, they're just a nuisance. They just exist for no reason.
They won the 9s (actually I only realised that when I read the article).

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
They can still make the 8 with that penalty, its very hard but not impossible, they can afford 2-3 more losses. Its impossible if they cant field their best side though.
Yes, BUT they need to slice players in order to earn points. The Eels will not win 12 games with a team full of park footballers.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score

Bahahahhaaha sig'ed. Some of your best mate

Reactions: K E

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BREAKING: NRL statement released:
The club will be fined the maximum penalty of $1 million (with $250,000 suspended if the club accelerates the governance reforms recommended by PWC within a specified time frame)
The Parramatta Eels will be docked all competition points accumulated so far this season while their team was in breach of the salary cap. The club will be able to begin accruing points as soon as it makes the necessary changes to comply with the 2016 cap
The club will be stripped of its Auckland Nines competition title won earlier this year
so really they cant earn anymore as long as they're still over the cap which I'm fairly certain they are.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes, BUT they need to slice players in order to earn points. The Eels will not win 12 games with a team full of park footballers.
They can still make the 8 with that penalty, its very hard but not impossible, they can afford 2-3 more losses. Its impossible if they cant field their best side though.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Eels can't accumulate points until they are under the cap, therefore they have to shed players... I wonder if the 500k over includes watmough...
Watmough to retire by Friday (My guess), also, maybe Norman to be released ( would be a GREAT addition)

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.