Round 9 Fundraiser Bets To Save A Young Man's Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Speaking of such, did anyone take up my $20 bet. I haven't been paying too much attention.

Also, do I need to donate money for a new coach after we smash Parra tonight?

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just wanted to thank you all for participating. I think given the way the teams battled each other, a draw may have been a more fitting result. We may be bitter rivals on the field, but when it comes to someone who needs a hand in our respective communities, we step forward to help. I will be depositing my $50 regardless and to the best of my knowledge, many others, if not all the 1EE participants, are doing the same. I'm uncertain as to when this gofundme ends, but as soon as Jimmypop advises me, I'll ask the mods to close this off.

On a side note, I had an avatar bet with ECCA for one week and SOH for the rest of season. They have both been such great sports I'm calling the avatar bet null and void:-)

Thank you again everyone for your generosity.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
My word is my word. $20 coming to the cause.

I have a question though, do you need me to donate a little more money? I figure it would have cost a lot to pay off the refs

Just kidding. It was a slog of a game and the better team won. And by that I mean the team who put in grubbers for forced restarts rather than putting up the same pointless bomb won.

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
My word is my word. $20 coming to the cause.

I have a question though, do you need me to donate a little more money? I figure it would have cost a lot to pay off the refs

Just kidding. It was a slog of a game and the better team won. And by that I mean the team who put in grubbers for forced restarts rather than putting up the same pointless bomb won.
Happy to admit Gutho's try should not have been awarded. There were other bad calls both ways. I thought both teams lifted more in the second half, but ours wanted the win more than yours. Thanks Jacobshade.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Happy to admit Gutho's try should not have been awarded. There were other bad calls both ways. I thought both teams lifted more in the second half, but ours wanted the win more than yours. Thanks Jacobshade.
Halfway through the second half I think if you rolled some beds out both teams would have dived and and fallen asleep. It was exhausting just watching it.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My message failed to append; anonymous donation of $33 after JacobShade .. congrats on the win, both on and off the field.
I really enjoy this camaraderie between our two support bases, really does show the spirit of the game bringing people together.
Wishing James and his family and loved ones happiness and strength in this difficult time.
~c.

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
My message failed to append; anonymous donation of $33 after JacobShade .. congrats on the win, both on and off the field.
I really enjoy this camaraderie between our two support bases, really does show the spirit of the game bringing people together.
Wishing James and his family and loved ones happiness and strength in this difficult time.
~c.
Thank you Lov_Dog and yes, I enjoy the banter plus we get to do some good with it. A lot of people don't realise the additional burdens that come with sudden illness's like James. He mentioned to me that one script sets him back $400 and last something like a week, plus sick leave is only a short income fix. I would love to see a fundraising event every time we play. I know SOH went over to 1EE for a chat and was warmly received today. We can be fierce competitors on the field, but there is nothing that says we can't be friendly to each other of the field:-)

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hehe - DAMM that was one hell of a tough game.
And I think Kasiano's try was legit - lost the ball from left hand - regathered before it hit ground or Parra player and put it down fair in my books.
But hey - we are all used to the rough end of the pineappple from the refs and new BUNGLER.

Just adding my thanks to all the Dogs supporters for pitching in - and being pretty dammed good sports as well.
Sometimes it is a pleasure to drift over here just to get away from the name calling and general bitching on 1EE.

Well played guys - my money will be in on Tuesday.

jimmypop

Waterboy
Reaction score
Once again guys just wanted to pop in and say a big thank you to everyone who has donated, I can't explain how much stress this has relieved for my wife and I. You are all genuine caring people and I really do appreciate all of your help through this tough time in my life :grinning:

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Once again guys just wanted to pop in and say a big thank you to everyone who has donated, I can't explain how much stress this has relieved for my wife and I. You are all genuine caring people and I really do appreciate all of your help through this tough time in my life :grinning:
no need to say thanks mate.

you and your family are going through all the pain, we are only doing very little.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Sorry haven't donated yet can you put the detail up again

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry haven't donated yet can you put the detail up again
It's at the bottom of the opening of the thread. Pity we don't have another game this year, but I'm happy to join you in putting shit on Souths:-) Thanks again Boxer, you have all been great sports:-)

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
It's at the bottom of the opening of the thread. Pity we don't have another game this year, but I'm happy to join you in putting shit on Souths:grinning: Thanks again Boxer, you have all been great sports:grinning:
Ok thanks and good luck next week hope you don't lose all your points;)

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just wanted to thank you all for participating. I think given the way the teams battled each other, a draw may have been a more fitting result. We may be bitter rivals on the field, but when it comes to someone who needs a hand in our respective communities, we step forward to help. I will be depositing my $50 regardless and to the best of my knowledge, many others, if not all the 1EE participants, are doing the same. I'm uncertain as to when this gofundme ends, but as soon as Jimmypop advises me, I'll ask the mods to close this off.

On a side note, I had an avatar bet with ECCA for one week and SOH for the rest of season. They have both been such great sports I'm calling the avatar bet null and void:grinning:

Thank you again everyone for your generosity.
Hey DB.

Still feeling pretty crappy after the game last night but you know what it is like when you invest in your footy team. Perhaps a wee bit guilty for venting my spleen on the kennel over what was after all just a footy game. I will get it out of my system...eventually, lol.

Hopefully a successful fund raising venture put together by you and SOH to help out James and Mel. I have looked at the gofundme page and they are truly a beautiful looking couple deserving of happiness more than the bad hand they have been dealt.

James still has a massive fight on his hands and I am sure that thanks to the generosity of the guys here on the kennel and the 1EE life may be just a little bit easier for them. God bless them both.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
G'Day Doggies

You may remember back in July we ran a joint fundraiser between members of 1EE and The Kennel, for one of your favorite son's and a man who I am now proud to call a friend. well, we now have a young bloke over on the 1EE who is in serious trouble and needs to raise funds, not to survive, but to save his life . I will copy and paste the story under this, but here is how you can help. Last year, we ran bets between 1EE members and yourselves, with the loser donated the bet amounts to the fund. Talking with SOH, we would like to run a similar format, but to make it easier to communicate, I'll put a link under this to the 1EE site. Over on the 1EE site, I will put a link to this thread. If you wish to participate and I hope many of you will, all you need to is pledge a bet under here and state the amount. Then check the 1EE link to see who has taken you on. Any problems, myself or SOH can chase it up for you.

Round 3 saw a fantastic sight of Eels logos across the Kennel and I'm still laughing after getting you all on that one. Here is your chance for revenge!! Here is Jimmypops story:-

Hi guys,

My real name is James and I'm 25, I love the Eels and have been so stoked with how well the boys are going this year :grinning:

I've been a member on this site for a while now but have hardly commented or written any blogs. As most on here I also am over all these articles from media stating were losing this many points or that many points, I like most just want it sorted as soon as possible.

The real reason I'm writing this though as something has recently happened to me that changed my whole perspective on everything.

Earlier this month on a Friday I started to get really bad dizziness and headaches, being a normal healthy young 25 year old bloke I was under the impression "she'll be right mate" but my wife made me go to the docs.

He was under the impression it was vertigo or something to do with my ears or something and prescribed me some stemitil and told me to see how I go over the weekend and come back on Monday if I'm still dizzy, Monday came and I was still really dizzy and had bad headaches so the doctor and my wife pushed for me to get a MRI on my brain and I'm glad they did.

I was shocked to find out that I have a brain tumor in the stem of my brain which is called diffuse instrinsic pontine glioma. For most neurosurgeons this brain tumor is inoperable due to the brain being such a delicate part of the brain, thankfully I've been able to get an appointment with Dr Charles Teo who operates on the inoperable so here's hoping he can with mine to.

So here's the real reason I wrote this blog tonight- we blokes have tendency to think everything is ok no matter how bad certain symptoms are, I was the same and if not for my wife pushing me and my doc I wouldn't have found this tumor and who knows how bad it could of got. Please if there's something going on with your body that's not normal in your day to day life go to your doctor, get it checked as you never know what it might be and if you can get early detection on something life threatening then you'll be thankful you did.

Kind regards

James

https://www.gofundme.com/2qg8v4pn

Losers pay into the above fund. I'll load the 1EE link shortly. Thank you in advance for participating.

hey @Drop Bear for some reason this go fund me website is not accepting my donation, the error its giving me is

"The zip code you supplied failed validation"

where is the zip code in the donation form?

do you know anyone who can help me here?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
dont worry i have contacted donna the organiser , i will wait for her response.

has anyone had problem with the similar error message?

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
dont worry i have contacted donna the organiser , i will wait for her response.

has anyone had problem with the similar error message?
I think Lov_dog had a problem the other day, but otherwise, I haven't had any othe feebback

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Lov_dog had a problem the other day, but otherwise, I haven't had any othe feebback

its sorted, may be the donation company doesnt think that people from logan can donate as well , hence why it was having problem accepting my post code 4114.

I put my previous residential address post code 4034 (Boondall) and it got though straight away.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.