60 Minutes crew arrested after Child Abduction attempt in Lebanon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why were his children being looked after by their grandmother? Where was he? Great parenting
His mother and a nanny were taking care of them while he was probably working as he owns his own business. Whats wrongs with having your own mother help out with your kids? My mum raised me and if she helped take care of my kids it would be no issue...

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The media is going to try and sway public opinion on this so hard now they've realised majority of us are fair minded and refuse to back the stupidity of the 60minutes crew.

It was unprofessional for the company that retrieves kids (kidnaps) to take a f*cking media crew with them. They obviously felt the need for money was greater than the need for safety.

I don't blame the mother, any parent would do what it takes to get their kids back, desperate times... right? I also believe as fathers, we get little to no rights when it comes to our children until it's too late, usually after the child is killed at the hands of the mother or severely injured. It's a flawed system, all around the world. In Aus, unless the mother tries to kill the child, the father barely even gets visits in a lot of cases, in the middle east the father has every right.
This doesn't mean what the father in this case did was right, you NEVER keep a child away from their mother unless they're in serious danger, it's the cruelest act anyone can commit in my opinion.

Everyone in this case is at fault to some degree, mostly the 60mins crew and the morons who thought it'd be a good idea to take a media circus with them.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@indiandog said that rape was legal in marriages under Australian law , I refuted it and lol'd it because its sounded unbelievable .
I don't know why you guys are so highly strung about it anyway
Just some confusion. Pretty sure ID was saying it sarcastically.

Stinky Wizzleteats

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Why were his children being looked after by their grandmother? Where was he? Great parenting
Apparently, he owns a surf shop and is an instructor. He had an appointment that day for surf lessons, which may or may not have been booked by the 60 Minutes/ Recovery team.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just some confusion. Pretty sure ID was saying it sarcastically.

my mind is completely fcked and dont know what i was trying to say and now i dont even know how to explain what i said.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
30 years ago in Australia the kids belonged to the father. The mother had no rights. Now the laws have completely switched. The father felt he was left with no option but to do what he did. He didn't kidnap thwm though. His ex gave him permission to take them to Lebanon (On a holiday). Once he was there the rules in Lebanon are on his side so for them to try to kidnap the kids back to Australia was 100% wrong. The 60 minutes crew deserve what happened to them.
Agree somewhat. It's considered kidnapping by coercion as he lied to the mother about returning the children which is also why he could and probably would be charged with kidnapping if he ever comes back to Australia. But what the 60 minutes crew did was wrong. What the parents did was wrong too but that's more a case of parents fighting a messed up system. I frigging hate custody battles. Every one my friends have gone through has always been the same. It's always the mother pushing for full custody and at best the husband gets the occasional weekend custody. I have only had one male friend who got custody. Originally the mother was given full custody and he was allowed visitation rights once per month, until one day his daughter had to call an ambulance because the mother OD'd with a needle in her arm. She was a known drug addict before the hearing and my friend is a well respected member of the community, but she still got custody and she literally had to OD to lose custody.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
my mind is completely fcked and dont know what i was trying to say and now i dont even know how to explain what i said.
Simple. You were possessed by the spirit of Josh Reynolds and you tried to trip yourself.

Actually, now days it's the spirit of half the friggin team trying to trip.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His mother and a nanny were taking care of them while he was probably working as he owns his own business. Whats wrongs with having your own mother help out with your kids? My mum raised me and if she helped take care of my kids it would be no issue...
Pretty poor parenting

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why have children if they're going to be brought up by other people?

Seriously what's the point?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Poor parenting would be if the dad was an addicted gambler, on centrelink and was abusive to his kids. No one can judge his parenting because he provides for his kids.
What about neglect , doesn't that fall under bad parenting?
I can guarantee that if this guys running his own successful business then he's got very little time for anything else.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree somewhat. It's considered kidnapping by coercion as he lied to the mother about returning the children which is also why he could and probably would be charged with kidnapping if he ever comes back to Australia. But what the 60 minutes crew did was wrong. What the parents did was wrong too but that's more a case of parents fighting a messed up system. I frigging hate custody battles. Every one my friends have gone through has always been the same. It's always the mother pushing for full custody and at best the husband gets the occasional weekend custody. I have only had one male friend who got custody. Originally the mother was given full custody and he was allowed visitation rights once per month, until one day his daughter had to call an ambulance because the mother OD'd with a needle in her arm. She was a known drug addict before the hearing and my friend is a well respected member of the community, but she still got custody and she literally had to OD to lose custody.
Last year, a father I know ended up in court trying to plead his innocence because the mother ran out of options whilst trying to gain full custody, she claimed he sexually abused his own daughter.
Now, if it were true, it would have come to light much sooner in the custody battle, not when she realised she was losing.
This of course is bloody infuriating because in Aus, the second a man is accused of a sexual act without a single trace of fact or evidence, he's automatically guilty till he proves himself innocent by some miracle chance. Because lets be honest, how do you prove something didn't happen when your assumed guilty without evidence? It's damn near impossible.
Anywho, the second she accused him, the court ordered 1 visit a month that was supervised at all times. Outside the courtroom, he told the police she was unlicensed and his daughter wasn't even in a child seat as she jumped into her car, cops couldn't give less a fuck, they let her go and started harassing him.

18months later, he finally proved his innocence, god knows how, only after his daughter ended up in hospital and realised the mother was a junkie who neglected her the entire time. Even though that's what he was telling the court the entire time! She only wanted custody for the fucking centrelink payments.

These stories occur every single day, and not a damn thing will be changed till enough children are harmed or killed because the law sides with the mother, no matter what the case.

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about neglect , doesn't that fall under bad parenting?
How are you neglecting a child if you're working to provide for them?

Neglect would be you're a single mother partying all the time and leaving your kids with whoever you can or letting them fend for themselves!

Both my parents worked through my childhood so my grandparents (God rest their souls) brought me up for most of my primary years. They provided for me and fed me and gave me what I needed so that hardly falls under neglect. Yeah I missed them but I understood as do most other children.

This day and age unfortunately as much as I'd love to be a stay at home mum, that will never happen

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So if I choose to work after I have kids and have my mother in law or mother look after them while I work, that would make me a bad mother? Really?

i knew you were a bad Mrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.