God's Will? Hopoate will not play Sundays

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd be pissed already if my team mate dogs us for a cult and even more pissed if he didn't even watch us play.

He is trying to spread propaganda for his cult, but all he is advertising is that it's full of Fuckwits.
Talk about times changing
I played at park footy level into my late teens
Even at park footy level as teens if a player wanted to pick and chose when he played, for any reason, he wouldn't be considered a team member
I remember if you missed training you didn't play
It was all about commitment to the team

If hoppa was in our team
He would find rotten fish heads in his gear bag every week
We would head slap him and basically ostracise him till he left the team

I can't believe we signed him up under his terms

And to make matters worse the selfish prick is picking and choosing his team involvement as he goes

I'm pissed at the club for slowing hoppa to rape us all

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If and big if we make the GF and Hoppa decides to play and we win by 4 via a last minute try scored by the man in question....would it matter then? I wouldn't give a flying fk if he chose to never train and just play because I'm fkn sick of waiting what 12 years now 12 fkn years for a club like this to win another title is embarrassing

rant over

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sabbath is Saturday you moron I mean Mormon
Correct.

Sunday is the 1st day of the week.

Celebrating the Sabbath on Saturday
Q. Why don’t Latter-day Saints celebrate the Sabbath on Saturday like they did in the Bible?

A. (by Marc Schindler) In fact, as Jews themselves, Jesus and his disciples followers did observe the Jewish Sabbath. We know this from biblical references to both Jesus and His apostles teaching in synagogues. For instance, in Luke 4:17-23 we read that Jesus was teaching in a synagogue on the Sabbath.

But even as far back as Jesus’s ministry, He started deliberately but subtly challenging much of the rigidity of contemporary Sabbath law (see, for instance, the story of Jesus and the disciples plucking grain to eat on the Sabbath in Matthew 12:1-13). After His ascension, when the disciples went out to preach the Gospel, Gentile converts were not required to observe the Sabbath, although most Jewish converts continued to. This is highlighted in the famous vision shown to Peter, as recorded in Acts 10, where he is told by the Lord not to require Sabbath observation by Gentile converts.

So how did the day get changed from Saturday (the seventh day) to Sunday (the first day) amongst early Christians? In Acts 20:7 we read of a gathering of Saints in Asia Minor on Sunday; that it was a religious service is revealed by the fact that Paul preached during the meeting. Sunday was picked because it was the day of Jesus’s resurrection (see 1 Corinthians 16:1-2 and Revelation 1:10). Sunday became known as the Lord’s Day.

Most modern Christians, including Latter-day Saints, now follow a practice whereby Sunday, the first day of the week, is observed as the Lord’s Day. Technically speaking, this day isn’t the Sabbath, which is the seventh day; this is a distinction we rarely make today, but shouldn’t forget.

http://www.fairmormon.org/perspecti...apologist-celebrating-the-sabbath-on-saturday

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So what if Hoppa decides not to play origin so he can make up for time lost at the dogs... would that change things??

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If he's not going to play Sunday's through the year he shouldn't be allowed to play in the grand final... f@#k him!
Not that we are going to make it on current form anyway!!

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
http://www.sabbath-day.net/
quote: One very controversial subject among Christians today is God’s Seventh Day Sabbath. Some Christians are not even aware that the Sabbath is Saturday.:unquote

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabbath
Spiritual Sabbath
Main article: Spiritual Sabbath
As another minority view, some modern Christians uphold Sabbath principles but do not limit observance to either Saturday or Sunday, instead advocating rest on any one chosen day of the week as following the spirit of Sabbath, or advocating Sabbath as instead a symbolic metaphor for rest in Christ. These look upon Sabbath as a principle to be observed in spirit rather than in letter, regarding the rest offered in Jesus as the only New Testament admonishment containing the root word of "Sabbath" (Matthew 11:28) and sometimes as a more permanent rest than a day could fulfil (Hebrews 4:9).
Even in Arabic we say sabath is Saturday and ahud for Sunday meaning the 1st

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even in Arabic we say sabath is Saturday and ahud for Sunday meaning the 1st
Yeah but the real meaning of sabbath is to stop ..stop working stop everything ..so there is a loophole in the bible that's why some religions / cults pick Sunday as the sabbath

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Yeah but the real meaning of sabbath is to stop ..stop working stop everything ..so there is a loophole in the bible that's why some religions / cults pick Sunday as the sabbath
Yes which is Saturday lol hopa is taking the wrong day off

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd be pissed already if my team mate dogs us for a cult and even more pissed if he didn't even watch us play.

He is trying to spread propaganda for his cult, but all he is advertising is that it's full of Fuckwits.
It would be hypocritical for him to watch us play because he should be door knocking at that time .

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So what if Hoppa decides not to play origin so he can make up for time lost at the dogs... would that change things??
So what if?
He hadn't said that
The selfish prick won't give up origin
I hope he don't get picked
And to be honest
If he don't play nrl when we have Sunday games if we have a NSW cup game on the Saturday he should be forced to play in that grade
Keep up match fitness and all
But I bet he won't do that the selfish fuck

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes which is Saturday lol hopa is taking the wrong day off
It definitely should be Saturday... Even early day Christians went against the church when it was changed.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Oh but he can travel to Melbourne with the team on a Sunday?
The problem is he cant work, he can still travel and observe but cant work which is a pity that he see's something as enjoyable as playing league as a job.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The problem is he cant work, he can still travel and observe but cant work which is a pity that he see's something as enjoyable as playing league as a job.
He is traveling for his job
That is work
I travel for work
I do it in work time not my own
He is a hypocrite

Attending games and cheering on his team is no different to traveling with the team
Yet he refuses to go to the games he misses or even watch them on TV live

That's what has tipped me over the edge

I want him out of my team

He is just there for the money

He is just raping our club

Fuk him

Status
Not open for further replies.