Vitamin and Mineral Suppliments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep. Radiation can take it out of you, literally.

as long as your body keep producing the cell , its ok.

no one really goes 'sick' at lucas heights, bad billy can confirm.

they all die of cancer after retirements , lol sorry bad billy.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I was a sceptic before my accident but I'm not a sceptic now.. Chinese herbs from a qualified Chinese holistic doctor..they do wonders for you..That's why I'm in the best condition of any one in the world with my level of injury.. :-)

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I was a sceptic before my accident but I'm not a sceptic now.. Chinese herbs from a qualified Chinese holistic doctor..they do wonders for you..That's why I'm in the best condition of any one in the world with my level of injury.. :-)
I'm not allowed to try that stuff. Probably because it would cure me and then I can't pay them anymore lol

If it hits my head one day I'm going to try it.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not allowed to try that stuff. Probably because it would cure me and then I can't pay them anymore lol

If it hits my head one day I'm going to try it.

herbs and natural medicine is a long term solution but it takes a lot of time and needs to be done before you get to the stage of ill health.

synthetic medicine is the only way when you need to get the person in good shape quickly or save someone from certain dangerous condition.

Not a doctor but your situation is different to Mr.95%

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
herbs and natural medicine is a long term solution but it takes a lot of time and needs to be done before you get to the stage of ill health.

synthetic medicine is the only way when you need to get the person in good shape quickly or save someone from certain dangerous condition.

Not a doctor but your situation is different to Mr.95%
He's actually a qualified doctor.. He never issues anything that is not medical sound.. When I went into hospital for an operation he told me to stop taking my herbs..to ward off an interference with medication..

But I understand exactly what you mean ID that's why I go to a qualified doctor svhooled in both practices..

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My strongest medicine is my faith. I should be crippled or dead, and I ain't none of those thank God.

I love when new doctors see my charts and scratch their heads and drop their jaws lol

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He's actually a qualified doctor.. He never issues anything that is not medical sound.. When I went into hospital for an operation he told me to stop taking my herbs..to ward off an interference with medication..

But I understand exactly what you mean ID that's why I go to a qualified doctor svhooled in both practices..

I am not saying what you are doing is wrong, my post was more about Assassin trying to get off prescription drugs and go for natural medicine treatment.

I had a relative who was trying to treat his cancer with natural medicine, he was gone before you know it.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I am not saying what you are doing is wrong, my post was more about Assassin trying to get off prescription drugs and go for natural medicine treatment.

I had a relative who was trying to treat his cancer with natural medicine, he was gone before you know it.
Oh no..I understand you completely.. Yes natural medicine only goes so far..it needs to work in conjunction with conventional medication to be effective..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My strongest medicine is my faith. I should be crippled or dead, and I ain't none of those thank God.

I love when new doctors see my charts and scratch their heads and drop their jaws lol
Well it's working bro!!!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Depends on the type of metals. The body generally releases metals like it releases most things. Through sweat, respiration and excretion. Heavy metals only have a real effect if they reach toxicity levels in which case they do some real damage. Mercury for example becomes toxic when you have around 1 gram in the body. At this stage you get mercury poisoning which can be lethal at the extreme, and at the minimum it can lead to health problems. Pretty noticeable symptoms though.

There's only a few manual ways of removing mercury from the system. All of them are expensive and dangerous and are only recommended if mercury poisoning is confirmed and could cause a major problem (major neurological damage)

Generally mercury slowly works its way out of your system over a few weeks. People are continuously exposed to mercury through air, food, water and other items. If you get too much mercury exposure the mercury builds up in your kidneys and brain where it will tend to stay for a long period of time (it'll leave eventually). This is the main course of mercury poisoning and is why they advise that you don't over expose yourself to levels of mercury. But unless you're working in an area with heavy mercury leakage then you shouldn't have anything to worry about.
Aren't metals usually released as compounds such as salts in our sweat?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Aren't metals usually released as compounds such as salts in our sweat?
Yep. And excreted through urination and partly through respiration.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
One main thing to remember, never underestimate the power of a placebo. Even if the medication/vitamin/whatever literally does nothing from its properties, the placebo effect is one of the most powerful things in the world. As long as you're not paying someone lots of money and avoiding life saving treatment, then taking alternative medicines can help. Just don't go broke buying them.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
One main thing to remember, never underestimate the power of a placebo. Even if the medication/vitamin/whatever literally does nothing from its properties, the placebo effect is one of the most powerful things in the world. As long as you're not paying someone lots of money and avoiding life saving treatment, then taking alternative medicines can help. Just don't go broke buying them.
Can the opposite happen to real meds? Like you think it won't work so it doesn't work?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can the opposite happen to real meds? Like you think it won't work so it doesn't work?
Kindof. The meds will have their impact regardless but you can convince yourself that they're not working and they end up not working (effectively they work on the condition but you suppress the meds by over powering them)

It's the old saying of "Died of a broken heart". Studies found that stress, anger, depression, etc, can all lead to lowering the immune system and weakening vital organs. This is also why they talk about people "Fighting" when it comes to something like cancer. If you give up your immune system lowers and your organs slowly shut down, but if you keep up the spirits and keep fighting then you have a greater chance of survival.

Whether you're fighting because of God, or because of your family, or because you think the pills you are taking are doing something. The important thing is that you are fighting and you have a reason to believe that you can and must win.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
I got some bsc multivitamin for free when I did a survey about 6 months ago. Footy training has started so I thought id start taking it, Not sure I notice anything different besides pissing gold instead of clear.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've take Multivitamins and Glucosamine tablets for years now. One each everyday and I've personally seen and feel the difference, maybe I'm mind fking myself but it works for me mentally and physically with my weight training.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
What does Glucosamine do?

Just on the magnesium. My muscle tightness in my glute and lower back is just about gone. Almost feel brand new.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What does Glucosamine do?

Just on the magnesium. My muscle tightness in my glute and lower back is just about gone. Almost feel brand new.
Glucosamine does something and nothing depend what studies you believe.

From all studies carried out on Glucosamine to treat Osteoarthritis, some small studies have found an effect, larger studies have found no effect past that of a placebo.

There have been a fair few studies carried out on its use for athletes to help prevent injury or treat injury and all studies have found that it has no effect at all (except for a minor placebo effect)

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any opinions on Vitamin E oil for surgical scars?

My Dr recommended it, but the internet suggests it won't do anything or can cause problems.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Any opinions on Vitamin E oil for surgical scars?

My Dr recommended it, but the internet suggests it won't do anything or can cause problems.
It does tend to slightly speed up scar tissue healing but only has a real effect if you have genetic healing issues. It can help, just not a lot. The downside is that it in high doses can slow the growth of muscles and it can also slow the clotting of blood. So don't use it on an open wound but using a little on a scar at best will speed up recovery a bit, and at worst it just won't do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.