kids and face book

Status
Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The boy started high school today and asked when he got home if he can create a face book account .my words were "look face book is fukking gay " ( I gots in trouble for swearing but...) he did not fuss or carry on after I gave the "sensible dad speech " I pointed out the reasons why I don't think its a good idea for him yet and im not with holding to be a **** .
He seemed pretty happy with my response and didn't question me
I just said ill get a new phone on a plan if he needs to keep in contact with his mates .
Whats other parents thoughts on social media for kids ?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fuking hate it and wouldn't let my kids have that shit. I want to teach my kids not to be sheep.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I just said ill get a new phone on a plan if he needs to keep in contact with his mates . Whats other parents thoughts on social media for kids ?
and guess what? He'll sign up for Facebook / Snapchat / Instagram on the phone instead...

Social media (youtube / facebook / instagram), is MEANT to enforce a minimum age limit of 16, but it's obvious they don't enforce it.

Facebook is just one giant time waster... not good if you want your kid to study and concentrate on homework. It's an unhealthy distraction.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Your kid actually asked? Lol. Don't think i ever did. While i was in school, i think social media started to pick up, Bebo was the shit back then. Anyway, pretty much every kid used it, even the bloody straight A indian/Asian ****s did. Im not a dad, but ill give you my opinion being a kid at school in the last decade. I think it's pretty likely your son will end up using it with or without your permission at some point..to many factors will make sure of that. Peer pressure, missing out on something, latest trends, etc.

So i think you will at some point have to show him what is or what isn't acceptable to post online. The internet is pretty much eveything these days.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
and guess what? He'll sign up for Facebook / Snapchat / Instagram on the phone instead...

Social media (youtube / facebook / instagram), is MEANT to enforce a minimum age limit of 16, but it's obvious they don't enforce it.

Facebook is just one giant time waster... not good if you want your kid to study and concentrate on homework. It's an unhealthy distraction.
He got an s3 and never done it yet , he is pretty good like that

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he's 13, I'd let him have Facebook - but only if you or his mother can be a FB friend.

I'd tell him he can't post any pics of himself or his friends (and explain why), and he can only be friends with other kids he knows in person.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Your kid actually asked? Lol. Don't think i ever did. While i was in school, i think social media started to pick up, Bebo was the shit back then. Anyway, pretty much every kid used it, even the bloody straight A indian/Asian ****s did. Im not a dad, but ill give you my opinion being a kid at school in the last decade. I think it's pretty likely your son will end up using it with or without your permission at some point..to many factors will make sure of that. Peer pressure, missing out on something, latest trends, etc.

So i think you will at some point have to show him what is or what isn't acceptable to post online. The internet is pretty much eveything these days.
When he is a bit older and wiser he can have that choice , he wont touch any of my games and shit that he cant play that I leave out ( ive tried to set him up before lol )so hopefully he waits till the time . and hopefully by then he realizes how gay it is .

Fukk times have changed for kids so much shit to worry about.
All I gave a fukk about at 12 was my push bike and chasing tail

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If he's 13, I'd let him have Facebook - but only if you or his mother can be a FB friend.

I'd tell him he can't post any pics of himself or his friends (and explain why), and he can only be friends with other kids he knows in person.
See he can accept I said no and is fine with it , with autism comes obsessions and can create a fukk ton more problems than its worth

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Kids should never have access to social media it will fry there brains I hate face book can't stand it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Kids should never have access to social media it will fry there brains I hate face book can't stand it.
The kennel is the closest thing to social media I use.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
my 8 year old has already asked me when can he get on the face book?

I said similar thing to what SoH said ,and my kid went "so why are you and mum on it all the time?"

FMD!

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
my 8 year old has already asked me when can he get on the face book?

I said similar thing to what SoH said ,and my kid went "so are you and mum on it all the time?"

FMD!
Your introuble bro lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
When he is a bit older and wiser he can have that choice , he wont touch any of my games and shit that he cant play that I leave out ( ive tried to set him up before lol )so hopefully he waits till the time . and hopefully by then he realizes how gay it is .

Fukk times have changed for kids so much shit to worry about.
All I gave a fukk about at 12 was my push bike and chasing tail
Yh fair enough, fun times ahead for you.. wait till you get to the sex stage ;) hahaha

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The element of peer pressure is always going to be there. Every generation goes through it. You just need to manage it well as a parent. My missus is pregnant with our first one and it scares me to think about this shit!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The element of peer pressure is always going to be there. Every generation goes through it. You just need to manage it well as a parent. My missus is pregnant with our first one and it scares me to think about this shit!

home school him/her!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's fukked its a different world for them and unfortunately more things can go wrong thank fukk my 2 girls have got 3 older brothers to watch them

Status
Not open for further replies.