Not open for further replies.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Backs and halves are all roosters with addition of BMOZ and Rona.

Forwards and bench are all Bulldogs with addition of JWH.
JMoz makes it also. Jake Friend would be the hooker.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Those teams were defensively amazing and had Brad Fittler carrying them. Fittler is better than JT. Also Stuart was a good coach in those days. He just didn't adapt when the game changed with the wrestling.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Those teams were defensively amazing and had Brad Fittler carrying them. Fittler is better than JT.
Stuart looked like a master coach back then though, made 3 straight GFs and won one, plus won SOO with the blues. Robinson still has a question mark over his head as he hasn't had to coach an average team yet.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
JMoz makes it also. Jake Friend would be the hooker.
Off the top of my head...

1. RTS
2. Rona
3. Jennings
4. Rapist
5. B Morris
6. Maloney
7. Hastings
8. JWH
9. Friend
10. Graham
11. Jackson
12. Pritchard
13. Eastwood

14. Klemmer
15. Kasiano
16. Napa
17. Lane

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Every single member of their team you could debate being in the team, it cant be said of our players. Maybe not Isac liu, but everyone else. Which tends to indicate their roster is miles better than ours.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
As much as I hate Fergo he would have it over josh now, josh hasnt been the same since his injury.
I'd take JMoz over Jennings. Much better defensively and more consistent. Fergo is better than them both. Also RTS and Maloney are gone now because they can't fit them under the cap.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of many things that frustrated me with des this year was at the end of the year we looked sensational with kasiano starting then when tolman came back he put kas back on the bench and as a team we looked average ,im not for one minute knocking tols cause he does so much work but kas starting is so much better for us and the proof was in the pudding and tolman coming on after 30 minutes keeping it tight after the early damage from kas would be such a perfect mix

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Every single member of their team you could debate being in the team, it cant be said of our players. Maybe not Isac liu, but everyone else. Which tends to indicate their roster is miles better than ours.
The same could be said about our players making their team.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Off the top of my head...

1. RTS
2. Rona
3. Jennings
4. Rapist
5. B Morris
6. Maloney
7. Hastings
8. JWH
9. Friend
10. Graham
11. Jackson
12. Pritchard
13. Eastwood

14. Klemmer
15. Kasiano
16. Napa
17. Lane
You have more Bulldogs players than Roosters. That shows that our roster is just as good as theirs.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
What a rubbish thread.

Robinson has yet to prove anything, ffs he has a roster better then every single club overall and has so for the past 3 seasons and won 1 title. Granted they have been up their but let's be real they have an insane roster, depth with kids like Hasting who would replace most clubs 7 and was stolen from Dragons I think? Who didn't want to lose him.

We have a good roster sure, nothing on the Roosters roster OVERALL.

I don't for one second think Robinson is some amazing coach. Wayne has my respect for going to the Dragons and winning with a roster who was amazing but just didn't seem to get the job done in the big one (all the chokes). Knights I don't believe was a crap roster. I think it was a very solid roster. Though not as loaded as stars as his Broncos etc. Bellyache has had the best spine in the comp for the past decade. He was cheating the cap and has to have huge question marks. Toovey took over Des's team and was blessed with his roster. Fell to shit when he had to prove something.

I'm not saying Robinson isn't a good coach, he may well be. Though let's be honest. RTS, Tupou, Jennings, Fergo, Maloney, Pearce, JWH, Napa, Friend, Guerra, Cordner, SBW, Moa, LOD etc over his time. He has been blessed with talent.

It's much like Green. While we can say he is a good coach, any bloke with JT, Scott, Tamou, Taumalolo, Morgan etc shows he is blessed.

Des is a good coach. We suck big time in the halves. If Orford is our halves coach no shock. Our backline outside of Rona and the Moz boys were shocking. Lafai 2014 was amazing. Injury played a part along with the fact our halves aren't or ANYWHERE NEAR the level of Cowboys, Roosters, Broncs etc.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Rts
rona/tupou split
jennings/jmoz split
fergo
b moz
maloney
hastings
jwh
friend
graham
jackson
guerra
eastwood

klemmer
kas
napa
cordner

tuia whatever would probz be in there too over 1 of kas or napa due to the fact he can play backrow too.

Thats 9 roosters, 2 split and 6 dogs.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
You have more Bulldogs players than Roosters. That shows that our roster is just as good as theirs.
Odd comment. Very odd. The fact the entire spine is roosters along with the centres says enough.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wasn't arguing brother, just trying to make the best team.

Des controls the whole team where maybe Robinson let's the players play what's in front of them?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wasn't arguing brother, just trying to make the best team.

Des controls the whole team where maybe Robinson let's the players play what's in front of them?
Sorry, didn't mean to imply that you were arguing. I agree. Jake Friend and RTS have free reign and their forwards just run hard instead of trying to be our playmakers.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
RTS, Tupou, SKD, Pearce, JWH, Moa, Friend, Cordner, Guerra and all their bench became stars at the Roosters. The only players they bought that were already stars are Ferguson, Jennings and Maloney. Ferguson not many wanted to give a chance and Jennings was released by the Panthers. The Roosters the year before Robinson arrived came 13th.
SKD was a star back in 2010
Pearce was always great during regular season games
Guerra was always a good player killed us in 2011 game think he scored 2 or 3 tries against us back then
JWH has been an animal since back then too
Mini was breaking down a lot but got fit again had nothing to do with robinson

They recruited Maloney and he led the Warriors to the 2011 GF and was being talked about playing origin back then
Jennings was released and think was playing origin at the time and was released more due to off field issues then on field
Cordoner debuted under Brian smith I think and looked the goods back then

RTS topou Moa yeah I agree improved massively under robinson

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What's the point of smashing the regular season and not even making the grand final? The only reason why roosters won in 2013 was due to sbw firing in the second half.
Some people....

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The same could be said about our players making their team.
Yea but the key positions they are MILES in front. We are not MILES in front of them in any position. Which makes there squad better than ours, its not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.