Should we re-sign Mbye or go after a genuine half back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's a 5/8 not a half and he'll never be a hb
he will be a very good 5/8 though
id keep him and go all out for elgey 100%

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How can the Sharks and parra attract better players then us
Because they don't play tightarse negotiation masters and offer unders to players that know their worth.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Moses didn't play 26 games, he missed round 1 vs Penrith and the Sharks Belmore game off the top off my head and one more that I can't remember

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because they don't play tightarse negotiation masters and offer unders to players that know their worth.
Maybe we should be looking at how the Roosters, Storm, Cowboys or Broncos do things. The Eels and Sharks are not teams that we should be attempting to emulate by any means

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's funny on NRL 360 they we're talking about how milf could develop those game management skills like langer, Lockyer etc all did.

Mbye could probably do it, I think he has stacks more natural ability than others in the team but it's whether des will nuture him and let him take the reigns..

Pls des no more 1 up hit ups. Pls

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mbye is no DCE. Go, stay, it isn't earth shattering eat this point either way so nowhere near DCE and Manly IMO.
By no means am I comparing mybe to dce, I'm talking about what contract negotiations can do to a player and a team especially him being at a young age....it would distract him, his performances and the team if it drags on so the club should make an offer stand firm on it and get it over and done with so him and the team can focus on season 2016

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
Wtf? Do you even watch the Sharks? They are more structured than us and play field position and rely on errors from the opposition
Yeah I do.
Sharks have more structure with added flair and are enjoyable to watch.
Opposite tom us.
All teams rely on errors from opp. esp. when hammering them on their line.
I dont get what you are inferring

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For fakes sake we won the minor premiership and made the GF with Kris fooking Keating at halfback. If we had a decent short kicking game we would have won the comp. Put Moses to fullback and Cook into the halves. The game should be alot more open next season, the more speed on the field the better.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think with Sezer what you see is what you get now, there's not going to be any dramatic improvements to his game. With Mbye you have the unknown at this stage and some clubs will take a punt on that.

I don't think Des has the halves that he really wants and that's because of contracts and how they've played out.

My opinion is if all 3 of our halves were off contract this year he would have probably kept Mbye and Hodko. Maybe that's why he's passed on players like Sezer because he would still have the same issue next year of 3 halves into 2 positions.
Sezar is an above average half with a kicking game to boot it's all we need with our forward pack

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
Mbye is yet to prove himself but I think he deserves more time. He's not a halfback though.

Elgey should be the target.

Unfortunately, I don't think Reynolds is the answer to our prayers. I hope he proves me wrong.

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
Mbye is yet to prove himself but I think he deserves more time. He's not a halfback though.

Elgey should be the target.

Unfortunately, I don't think Reynolds is the answer to our prayers. I hope he proves me wrong.
I dont know about time

Give him time, find he is not up to scratch and our whole side suffers.

You can do that to another position where it does not have the overall influence in the team performance, not the halves.

We have the dollars, scrap both and go all out for proven quality.

If you haven't got the 'X' factor early on I dont think it will suddenly appear, especially under Des

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
make no offer the mbye after next season, get rid of t rex pool the money and chase a quality half

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you kidding 500k we wouldn't even take sezar for 400k and he is 10 times the player get rid of him don't want him being offered a cent
We should have gone for sezer,hes exactly what our team is missing

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Sezer would've been perfect. We should go after Elgey now. Sam Williams would be a good stop gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.