Hasler fined $20000 for ref comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't even normal cops hate highway patrol?
My two mates who are cops said this aswell lol, highways have their own little boys club and ego most cops don't like...

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
really whats the point in the fans following the nrl, when any coach including des hasler pointing out a fact that has been going on for a long time, referees are out of their depth
the nrl issue a breach notice and impose a fine of $10k plus the suspended $10k, when will the nrl powerbrokers (the club CEOs) take back control of the game and remove greenberg and dave smith, the independent commission has proven to be an expensive failure and used for junkets to travel and party, john grant has contributed nothing in his time there.

back to the fining of coaches, this is a fair call by the nrl .....if there is no case to answer regarding the referees....how ever there was a case that des pointed out on the weekend, it was a game that had bearing on the top 8 to a degree, it could have been a blood fest the way the referee let grubby play from newcastle go un mentioned.
when will the nrl be active and instead of fining coaches stand up and say, yes we did have an issue for that game, yes we have to work on what our referees are doing, yes we need the coaches help in doing that.

des is again a scape goat for greenberg
NRL is trying to protect the ref cause they can't be at fault no matter what the ref does its not wrong
this is the biggest bullshit in spots history were if you are at fault you don't get punished

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The NRL and referees management could eliminate any comments such as Des Hasler's observations of the truth if only they demonstrated that they were maintaining a consistently high standard of refereeing and were openly accountable for their performances. The fact that they have made themselves immune to criticism or comment confirms their lack of credibility in this regard.
Despite this, the club could avoid the wrath of the NRL if they quietly sent a clear report including proof of any claims of incompetent officiating instead of shouting it to the media and inviting a chorus of criticism to the club and it's coach.

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NRL and referees management could eliminate any comments such as Des Hasler's observations of the truth if only they demonstrated that they were maintaining a consistently high standard of refereeing and were openly accountable for their performances. The fact that they have made themselves immune to criticism or comment confirms their lack of credibility in this regard.
Despite this, the club could avoid the wrath of the NRL if they quietly sent a clear report including proof of any claims of incompetent officiating instead of shouting it to the media and inviting a chorus of criticism to the club and it's coach.

Who the F@k do you think you are speaking with such logic, you've just been slapped with a 20k fine.

doggedforlife

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Who the F@k do you think you are speaking with such logic, you've just been slapped with a 20k fine.
the whole idea is to shout it down to the media ...that's the point.. do u think a carefully worded report to the nrl will help anyones cause hahahah

hasler has firmly shouted to the media on purpose ,,, that the refs are incompetent and cannot police a 10 metre rule .. this then will project into the semis and hopefully we get a fair rub of the green ,,, supposedly

I highly doubt hasler was not aware what would follow after his carefully worded ,, I think ill send Todd a breach ... pause ... in fact yes I will send him a breach notice ,,, pause

for ..... misrepresentation

he knew exactly what he was doing

doggedforlife

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
the whole idea is to shout it down to the media ...that's the point.. do u think a carefully worded report to the nrl will help anyones cause hahahah

hasler has firmly shouted to the media on purpose ,,, that the refs are incompetent and cannot police a 10 metre rule .. this then will project into the semis and hopefully we get a fair rub of the green ,,, supposedly

I highly doubt hasler was not aware what would follow after his carefully worded ,, I think ill send Todd a breach ... pause ... in fact yes I will send him a breach notice ,,, pause

for ..... misrepresentation

he knew exactly what he was doing

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
My two mates who are cops said this aswell lol, highways have their own little boys club and ego most cops don't like...
I got done by the highway patrol the other day. The cop's ego was ridiculous and he was a smart ass to boot. My missus even said to me after, and she's not really a swearer that he was a ****. $320 + 2points just because i hadn't pulled back into the left line straight away after overtaking.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I got done by the highway patrol the other day. The cop's ego was ridiculous and he was a smart ass to boot. My missus even said to me after, and she's not really a swearer that he was a ****. $320 + 2points just because i hadn't pulled back into the left line straight away after overtaking.

mate I have seen a copper issuing fine to an asian bloke just cos his tyre ran over the small round about near the Bankstown Mcdonalds. The busses usually run over that round about cos it is so small but this guy got pulled over.

A parking inspector has issued fine to one of my friends cos his car wasnt parked parallel to the kerb.

Croc

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This no criticism rule is like the no punch rule.. you would really love to unload with full force but you can't. It is ironic that the NRL officials will allow players to go out onto the field and knee, elbow, leg twist, stand off side etc. and the referee does nothing which you then criticise and you get fined for telling it as it is.. NO ACCOUNTABILITY FOR INEPTITUDE AND NO TRANSPARENCY WHEN IT COMES TO DISCUSSING THE SHORTCOMINGS OF THE OFFICIALS.TODD GREENBERG IS BUTT HURT THAT DES HAS SAID WHAT WE ALL WANT TO SAY ; THE OFFICIALS HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO F@CKING IDEA.
Well said

Endeavour

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
I totally agree with your first point. I feel more angry and frustrated with the refs after this season than I have ever before. Todd's plans to ensure refs are treated with respect have only alienated them further from coaches, players and fans it seems. Making them a protected species lessens respect.

As for your second point I think they have already tried that in a limited form. This is from a Paul Kent article from the Daily Telegraph April 8, 2015

"Since round 1 Des Hasler has sent 18 or 20 queries to Archer, small video clips with a small note: Why wasn't that a penalty for incorrect play the ball? What happened with that obstruction? Forty eight percent of the time Archer has called back, according to Hasler saying they made the incorrect call"

If things don't improve by repeatedly asking nicely through the correct channels then what options are left?

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I trust no cops these days man.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hopefully des really gets mileage out of this and plays up to it at this weeks media sessions and pokes fun at greenterd

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I totally agree with your first point. I feel more angry and frustrated with the refs after this season than I have ever before. Todd's plans to ensure refs are treated with respect have only alienated them further from coaches, players and fans it seems. Making them a protected species lessens respect.

As for your second point I think they have already tried that in a limited form. This is from a Paul Kent article from the Daily Telegraph April 8, 2015

"Since round 1 Des Hasler has sent 18 or 20 queries to Archer, small video clips with a small note: Why wasn't that a penalty for incorrect play the ball? What happened with that obstruction? Forty eight percent of the time Archer has called back, according to Hasler saying they made the incorrect call"

If things don't improve by repeatedly asking nicely through the correct channels then what options are left?
You are correct in saying that being nice does get us no where but I think that the NRL just want to subscribe to what my Mother used to say to me: "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing".

I really don't think they want us to have options, other than the ones they dictate to us, because that would mean that they have to listen to what we are all saying to a degree and that is, that the officialdom stinks to high heaven in its avoidance of the issue of accountability regarding blatantly incorrect calls and 'interpretations'

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We used to be a free country.

$20 000 for the truth AND he was holding back.

What a rort

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
NRL is trying to protect the ref cause they can't be at fault no matter what the ref does its not wrong
this is the biggest bullshit in spots history were if you are at fault you don't get punished
with the nrl doing this, it brings into question the integrity of the game and the integrity of the referees officiating the game,it almost looks like the referees are trying to have a direct influence on the game, the nrl cannot keep sweeping this under the carpet

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just watching NRL 360 and Paul Kent is tearing the NRL a new one. Backs up the comments made by Des and says that the NRL and their referees need to go away and think about what they are doing on the field each week because it is not consistent over all games and indeed from week to week.Made comments about the play the ball area in particular.
Will wonders never cease?

The DoggFather

RIP HABS
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Our Leagues club probably makes 20k in about 10 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.