The hardest farewell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Great thread Captain. I tend to agree with a former post regarding the four who left to Parra during the Super League palava. There was some talent there.
Mortimer and Lamb also hurt along with Polla- Mounter and Steve Folkes. Folksey was such a courageous player who gave away a lot of kilos and became a Kangaroo through sheer guts and determination.

In more recent times, Haz, Ryan, Shrek, and Vagana.

Pritchard will be hard to clap and wave goodbye.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hazem was the hardest to take by far.
Especially considering we were imo wrongly stripped of 2 points against panthers for having an extra man on the field, cheated by the infamous soward dive... and having an unbalanced comp due to the Storm cheating... We should never have played Parra in the prelim if Melbourne were caught. All that innuendo aside the injury to Kimmorley in r26 and Patten and Goodwin in the prelim cost this club a Grand Final victory and a farewell El Masri deserved! Will always be salty about 2009.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Far out. The Sizzler. Remember the massive hype about him coming to the dogs; looked the goods in Qld Cup but nothing more than an honest toiler. Wonder if he still has the tooth they found imbedded in his head? ( Boy that could lead in to a South's joke......)

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I always found Price to be a bit of a cream puff.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Price, SBW and the rat

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ennis by far followed by Corey Hughes. Corey bled blue and white and played a major part in our last premiership. Mick Ennis is still my favourite player.

Cosmo Kramer

Waterboy
Reaction score
So many, but definitely Hazem, Patten and Sherwin for me.

I went to the farewell game for Haz; it was actually almost exactly 6 years ago!! 30 August, 2009. I'm looking at the ticket right now...can't believe I've had it laying around for all these years.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
SBW and Thurston. At the time I honestly believed that Thurston would be better than both Sherwin and Anasta.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can't stand the prick but when SBW took off was devestated. Also when Dymock and co went to parra

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
O
Easy....the 4 that went to the Eels during the super league war.....can any of you young guys imagine losing Jarrad McCracken, Dean Pay, Jason Smith and Jim Dymock to another team all in the one year? Thurston wasn't anything special when he left after the 2004 GF, and besides he was up to his eyeballs in the Coffs Harbour scandal. So good riddance I said. The next notable was Pricey shown the door. I was very sad at that. SBW's walkout was surreal. with hindsight, all he wanted at the time was another $50,000pa.....surely a 3rd party could have come to the table. His involvement with Nasser and Mundine was unforgivable. Stupid prick!
Easily this, when 4 of your best players leaves in a blink of an eye and treacherously go to our most hated opposition - I was shattered. Everyone bangs on about Thurston leaving and how many more premierships we may have won, but if these 4 had stayed we would've won plenty more silverware.

Still struggle to forgive Dymock and still unsure how I feel about him being back in our fold...

LCD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1) Steve Price hands down by a long margin until end of year
2)Frank Pritchard
3)Steve Folkes (coach) - alot may disagree with this but it was a hard pill for me to swallow. I thought he was a bit hard done by at the time. Price and Folkes were front and centre through some of our darkest days.

LCD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Easy....the 4 that went to the Eels during the super league war.....can any of you young guys imagine losing Jarrad McCracken, Dean Pay, Jason Smith and Jim Dymock to another team all in the one year? Thurston wasn't anything special when he left after the 2004 GF, and besides he was up to his eyeballs in the Coffs Harbour scandal. So good riddance I said. The next notable was Pricey shown the door. I was very sad at that. SBW's walkout was surreal. with hindsight, all he wanted at the time was another $50,000pa.....surely a 3rd party could have come to the table. His involvement with Nasser and Mundine was unforgivable. Stupid prick!
Sucked loosing those four definitely I find the best part of teams raiding us over the years en masse is that those teams tend to go really bloody terrible as soon as the ex dogs get there :grinning:

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
3)Steve Folkes (coach) - alot may disagree with this but it was a hard pill for me to swallow. I thought he was a bit hard done by at the time. Price and Folkes were front and centre through some of our darkest days.
Agreed, I'm sure if they kept Folkes around with our 2009 squad, he would have done what Kevin Moore did, or even better.

I think Folkes was made the scapegoat for us getting the spoon in 2008, whn in actual fact our squad was depleted from injuries and the remaining players available were not up to first grade standard, e.g heka nanai, tim winitana etc

I'd like to see him back at the club in some capacity one day, his discipline and leadership by example were what I'd be looking for I a Coach. His devotion to his own fitness levels was an example of this and his discipline when combined with a conditioner like billy johnstone was legendary.

Bulldog Bruce

Bring on Rnd 1
Reaction score
Dean Pay, Jarrod McCracken, Jason Smith and Jim Dymock all leaving for Parramatta...

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When the great one left I was crying in my room for a few weeks.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hazem for me, bloke was the role model out culture needed during he time he played and helped the club gain new fans old and young!

Tank is going to be hard to see go, love everything about him with our clubs involvement and as a person outside footy. Sad to see him leave but that's footy...

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We all hate barba on here BUT had he left on good terms then he would of been our biggest ever loss as a player the way he used to play for us but sadly he is nothing but scum like sbw. Speaking of sbw, has anyone heard anything about him finishing his career back at the dogs?? I keep hearing it around hence the main reason they invited him over to the team of the decade night or whatever it was. Going by his voice recording he left, he did constantly apologise and said he always wore the jersey with pride. I wouldn't want him back no way but I think raelene might have different ideas
Heard of a guy they call JT?

Status
Not open for further replies.