Site / Thread Redirection Report Thread - Are you getting them?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just been advised by the admins, that hopefully the redirections to other websites are resolved.

A sneaky bit of code was found hiding in the backend of the website.

Can you please post in here if you continue to get redirections (from phone/Google/anywhere) when browsing The Kennel, and we can investigate furthur?

With each report please let us know:
1. How were you access the Kennel - iPhone / Android Phone / PC / Mac.
2. What method did you use to access the site - Safari / Internet Explorer / Tapatalk App / HTC Internet / etc.
3. Did you visit directly to www.thekennel.net.au, or look it up in Google and visit from there?
4. What page / thread did you attempt to visit?
5. Approx Time/Date of redirection.
6. The website you got redirected to.

With that information we can specifically target areas of the site that may still be causing issues.

Thanks all and enjoy the forums :grinning:

- Kennel Moderation and Admin Team

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
- iPhone 5S / iOS 7.1 / Safari browser.
- Was in Eddie's fundariser thread.
- Clicked 3rd party hyperlink to the Fundraiser page
- Redirect to "Adult Match Maker" and a smoking hot blonde with awesome perky boobs.
- Happened about 3 weeks ago. Made a joke of it the fundraiser thread about how I had to explain that to the wife, and thought nothing of it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Should be resolved now.. Some dodgy file/code was found lurking around the server and was removed.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Make sure though that it isn't that u just clicked on a banner ad and that redirected u. Ive done that a few times on my mobile accidentally

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I get a redirection to a filehost or I've won an iPhone device, this happens every time I load up the site using the mobile browser (Chrome) on an Android device. But when I request a desktop site I don't get it.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh chad i get the cellphone-tips.com ad that ive won an iphone myself. Its random and not every time i access the kennel. Also only get it on my andriod phone...never on my pc which probably has better ad protection

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Unfortunately I haven't seen it happen on my PC at home, else adblocker would give us all something to go on.

It's a bizzare issue.

That said VBulletin are recommending everyone update to their latest v5.x, but then theres cost involved there for the admins I'm pretty sure.

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The .net one. It only happens while using my Android phone's browser (Chrome).
It doesn't happen on my iPad nor the PC using Chrome browser as well.

nikgan123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
"this app doesn't have a license, contact the site administrator" keeps appearing

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Kennel App working again this morning for me.