Minute Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What's to say there were not comments passed towards her at training, or other incidents in the past he had been warned about, before a final breach of the clubs Code of Conduct had him sacked???

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Give the guy credit. Few will ever live up to their name like him. His name is also the length of his NRL career at the dogs.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
People still do prank calls? Wow lol must have been a slow day for minute.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds socially inept, doesn't know how to talk to a women, I had to laugh at the news report, twit.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's very harsh and the fact that it went to court is ridiculous. The magistrate threw it out of court cause it was just stupid. Club should deal with it just like any regular employer would.
The magistrate has given him 12 good behaviour bond.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
The guy is 22 and lets face it not everyone matured as early as 'Marley' and stopped prank calling at 14. Granted it's silly and childish. The main problem is the idiot just choose the wrong person...He could of pranked a mate or even those damn annoying funeral insurance people.

Probably over the top to say it's sexual harassment as many people who live in units can hear their neighbors.
It's not just a prank call or a joke and definitely not over the top to say it's sexual harassment. It's actually sexual assault. It was a deliberate act against her want or consent and aimed directly at her. And she feared for her safety.

and with the club's association with White Ribbon he had to go.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong on this guy's as i am against any form of sexual harassment against women, but where in the article or according to her statement did it say he was making rude or sexual comments? It states that a male using a boogie man like voice was saying her name whilst masturbating. 1) he may have just been pranking her using a deep voice with no intent on sexually harassing her and she has misinterpreted it and 2) how can she or anyone in fact know that someone is masturbating over the phone? Yes, this is really silly of him for even just pranking her but why are we judging him when it really could've been just a harmless prank that has been taken the wrong way by the trainer. He put himself in this situation and will now learn from it. The truth is we dont know what wss exactly said or if it was blown out of proportion but we do know he made the prank calls and the courts found that this was sufficient enough evidence to have him dealt with him accordingly. Unless there are recordings that she has of him speaking in a sexual or lude way then the kid may not of actually said anything that was that terrible and is now being crucified for just moaning or groaning her name. He may have only been trying to scare her. Either way its a lesson learned for him and i hope he actually didnt speak to her in a bad way. Remember he is only 22 and still a kid. We have all pranked someone in our time at some stage but sometimes you prank the wrong person who may not like it and may get offended then the shit hits the fan.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Settle down suiker. Sexual assault is actual physical contact. You are jumping on the hate bandwagon and dont even know what sexual assault is. He may or may not of sexually harrased her on the phone but its her word against his and he cant hide from the fact he did call her so the question the law asks is why call her ? He cant prove it was just a prank with no intent on sexually harrassing her and she feels victimized and harrased and interprets the alleged moaning/groaning as being of a sexual nature therefore making her uncomfortable. Silly boy but not a predator or anything serious like that if you ask me. Just a stupid prank gone wrong.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
There is nothing in any article which disputes that he was making sexual moaning sounds. He said it as a prank but didn't dispute what apparently happened.

What he did wasn't a prank. If you think that it is a prank and not sexual harassment you have rocks in your head.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
Settle down suiker. Sexual assault is actual physical contact. You are jumping on the hate bandwagon and dont even know what sexual assault is. He may or may not of sexually harrased her on the phone but its her word against his and he cant hide from the fact he did call her so the question the law asks is why call her ? He cant prove it was just a prank with no intent on sexually harrassing her and she feels victimized and harrased and interprets the alleged moaning/groaning as being of a sexual nature therefore making her uncomfortable. Silly boy but not a predator or anything serious like that if you ask me. Just a stupid prank gone wrong.
He may have intended it to be a prank, he may not have realised what he was doing was sexual assault, but it is sexual assault.

Same as the guy who has sex with semi-conscious girls without their consent. They don't think they're doing the wrong thing but they are. It's rape.

How did the victim feel in this case? The article states she went to a friend's house. She was obviously fearing for her safety. Did Minute intend to make her feel unsafe? I doubt it. But she did. She's gone through something traumatic as a direct result of his actions whether he intended her to or not.

A drunk driver doesn't intend to kill anyone on the road but if they do it's still a crime and there is a victim.

Sexual assault doesn't have to be physical. Assault is not limited to being a physical attack. I'm not jumping on any bandwagon and I certainly do know what sexual assault is, thank you.

dadoghouse

Once A DOG..Alwayz a DOG
Reaction score
This Sucks. Dude was a gun on his day played against him in the junior ranks, he was a beast. Always thought he'd make the 1st grade side. I reckon the media has blown it up because if the chick who got 'harassed' really wanted to make a statement it would've made the news straight away

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well it's a beat up that's resulted in him losing his career at the club for being stupid.

He'll be in reggies for Wests Tigers next year for sure.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Suiker i cannot agree with anything your saying as it makes no sense at all and your analogy of a person sleeping with a semi conscious girl is si far from the same case as this that is borderline childish or plain stupidity. I agree with your point on a drunk driver doesnt intend to kill someone but by putting themselves in that position and driving it may happen and thats what minute did. Although in this case he may not of been drunk, thats my point. He may not of sexually harrassed her but thats how she interpreted it and thats that. And please for future reference, GOOGLE is what you should do (its what kids do these days i believe) and what im suggesting you do in regards to the definition of sexual assault, and there my friend you will find it means to physically force yourself upon someone without their consent or some shit like that !

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Talking about sexual assualt...soo did anyone here abou that guy that sexual assualted these girls dogs in greystanes...faarrkkking weird ****, id probs kill someone if they tried to root my dog tbh

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He may have intended it to be a prank, he may not have realised what he was doing was sexual assault, but it is sexual assault.

Same as the guy who has sex with semi-conscious girls without their consent. They don't think they're doing the wrong thing but they are. It's rape.

How did the victim feel in this case? The article states she went to a friend's house. She was obviously fearing for her safety. Did Minute intend to make her feel unsafe? I doubt it. But she did. She's gone through something traumatic as a direct result of his actions whether he intended her to or not.

A drunk driver doesn't intend to kill anyone on the road but if they do it's still a crime and there is a victim.

Sexual assault doesn't have to be physical. Assault is not limited to being a physical attack. I'm not jumping on any bandwagon and I certainly do know what sexual assault is, thank you.
Sexual harassment NOT sexual assault. The proofs for the offence of Sexual assault is:

The accused:
1. had sexual intercourse with the complainant;
2. without the consent of the complainant, and
3. Knowing the complainant did not consent

He was probably charged with 'Use carriage service to menace, harass or cause offence.'

Hope that clears up your confusion :grinning:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.