Trent Hodkinson: England Or Bust (RLW Article)

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thanks for another article mate

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Poor Hodko but it seems Des has made his decision.....

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If Hodkinson signs elsewhere for next season, surely Moses and Josh must be our halves for the remainder of the season.

I'm not saying Trent would have nothing to play for, or would lose motivation playing for the Dogs, but would it be worth the risk playing him in such a vital position?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the article Chadi. It certainly lays all the cards on the table and basically tells it like it is, unlike some other tabloids reports.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Hodkinson signs elsewhere for next season, surely Moses and Josh must be our halves for the remainder of the season.

I'm not saying Trent would have nothing to play for, or would lose motivation playing for the Dogs, but would it be worth the risk playing him in such a vital position?
Good thoughts mate but from all indications that may upset his team mates who according to reports have great respect for him. The situation will have to be handled well with as little disruption to the club as possible. A fine line indeed.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wish sometimes our former players wouldn't make comments to the media. Turvey reckons we should keep Trent, last year Terry Lamb says Loko will be the next SBW. Sometimes those comments aren't helpful tbh.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just really sad to see where Hodkinson is at the moment.

Fully fit he was a bloody good player and a No. 7 capable of winning us a premiership in my opinion.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Good thoughts mate but from all indications that may upset his team mates who according to reports have great respect for him. The situation will have to be handled well with as little disruption to the club as possible. A fine line indeed.
They'll enjoy being a genuine title threat more than carrying their mate through to a first round elimination in the finals. I guarantee you that.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Just really sad to see where Hodkinson is at the moment.

Fully fit he was a bloody good player and a No. 7 capable of winning us a premiership in my opinion.
It is sad but what do you do he is not worth the money his asking and would he ever get better

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It is sad but what do you do he is not worth the money his asking and would he ever get better
Nah mate, what we saw in 2014 is as good as it's sadly going to get for Hodkinson.

As much as I like him, even I can admit we'd be dumb to re-sign him.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate, just like when Lichaa showed he was better than Ennis they won't give two hoots. How long did Ennis going worry them? 5 minutes? That might even be a little generous. Footy is a business these days.
Yup, and hokko leaving will be less maybe 3 minutes

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm shocked at his asking price. Unfortunately, he has priced himself out of a market considered a "player's market" especially in his position. He should have jumped on the Sea Eagles when DCE was Titan-bound.

Good luck Trent. Hope you can once again rise like the Phoenix!

~cb.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
one wonders how any player can stay loyal when you can be discarded in an instant.

i've been calling for his head for a while now, so i guess i'm a hypocrite.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
what if he couldnt find a gig in uk?

would he be playing nsw cup as dogs have withdrawn their offer?

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Nah mate, what we saw in 2014 is as good as it's sadly going to get for Hodkinson.

As much as I like him, even I can admit we'd be dumb to re-sign him.
Agree hope he finds a club and plays well

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mate, just like when Lichaa showed he was better than Ennis they won't give two hoots. How long did Ennis going worry them? 5 minutes? That might even be a little generous. Footy is a business these days.
I was talking more of this year, not next. I know that players will not openly come out and bag their team mates but they SEEM happy with the current situation of him being half back .Maybe it is a case of me misreading the situation?

The writing is on the wall for him, no two ways about it and as you say once this year is done and dusted they will move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.