Andrew chan Myuran sukumaran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kayser

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm sorry but they get absolutely no sympathy from me... The way the Australian Media and the PM are carrying on would make you think that these 2 people are some sort of heroes or saints..

Lets not forget the facts:

They are Drug Traffickers and smugglers.
They have hurt so many people during their time in Australia, by their thuggery and stand over tactics.
They confessed and convicted.
They knew the consequences, yet they did it anyways.
If they didn't get caught what would they be doing now?

There are thousands of innocent people dying everyday from tyranny and other cases. Lets speak about Nepal, Lets speak about Gaza, Lets speak about Yamen. Yet we all get our undies in a twist because of 2 convicted drug smugglers..

We don't like any other countries to interfere in our laws, we are always telling people that if you come to Australia you need to respect and abide our laws, yet we want other countries to change their laws for us..

Maybe if we had tougher stand on drugs in Australia we wouldn't have such a drug problems and drug related death.
Most people don't give a **** about these 2 drug smugglers and that's fair enough. But I don't think the death penalty is the answer. Foreigners will continue to try and smuggle drugs out of Indonesia, Thailand and wherever else. I think our only hope is through education. I know that might sound a bit limp wristed, but drug trafficking will continue to occur long after these 2 are put in the ground. Our current punishments are not deterring.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont get all this BS from the current government on we tried to save them blah blah blah, the Indonesian government were tipped off about the Bali 9 by Australian authorities, if these people wanted them to be charged by Australian law all they had to do was catch them when they landed back here and trial them under our court system, but this did not happen.
It is as if they wanted these people to be caught in Indonesia but then didnt want them to be persecuted under their law?
If it is not all a popularity contest 100% of the time then I'm done. What is the media saying... how can we make ourselves out to be the hero.
There is no actual intent or feeling behind anything that comes from the government! Just another excuse to maybe grab a couple of votes and who better to help them on this cause but the unbiased media.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I really don't understand this seething hatred for a couple of blokes who wanted to make some money off trafficking.

Yes it is wrong, yes they knew the risks. So for those facts I don't feel bad for them, but I certainly wouldn't say "I am happy they are dead".

The arguement that keeping their heroin off the streets saved lives is absolutely laughable. It didn't save shit. H is easier to buy than bread in some parts of Sydney. Stopping one shipment is a drop in the drug ocean.

People like drugs, if you want to ever win "the war on drugs" you need to tackle the users, not the suppliers. Stop people wanting to use, that is the only way to save people from drugs.

What makes me angry about this whole sitution is how it all seems like a tit for tat situation between Indonesia and Australia. We got caught spying on them, we got caught with military submarines in their waters. Indonesia did not like this one bit (with good reason).

Then whilst our government campained for clemency, they make thinly veiled threats about the aid we supply Indonesia. Given the already high levels of tension, this was the worst thing our government could have done. It basically makes Indonesia look like they are bowing down to us if they do what we want. That was never going to happen.

There is also the problem of Widodo not being very popular within certain political circles, and he definitely does not want to be seen to be weak. So he would never put doing the humane thing above what would benefit himself. Here I am mainly referring to Mary Jane, who was CLEARLY innocent but was going to be executed anyway.

The Indonesian goverment is as corrupt as they come. You can get any drugs you want in Bali, they are everywhere. The only people they go after with them are westerners though, as locking up Indonesians doesn't even make the papers. But locking up white people makes international headlines. It's all bullshit.

So yes they knew the risks, but at the end of the day their crime doesn't deserve the punishment they received. Especially when people involved in the Bali Bombings are walking around, free as a bird. You especially don't wait 10 years until they are rehabilitated and then kill them. Absolute farce.
Thank you. That's all I've been trying to say. That and death penalty is stupid.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You're a big boy, I'm sure you'll figure it out one day.
If you don't want to front up, that's fine. It just seems like you're backing out because you're unsure of your own argument. Much like most people commenting on this topic, it seems you probably haven't actually considered it as much as you should, you've come out with an opinion that you didn't really develop, and now you're worried because you don't want to be exposed as someone who doesn't think for themselves.

Most here probably see you as the cool guy from the internet with 33,000 posts. And I get it, you need to uphold that. You don't want them to see you as weak or a 'big for nothing post-whore'. It's up to you now, KE. Good luck :grinning:

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Reality is Australia loves the criminal IE Ned Kelly, Chopper, etc. Goes back to is convict ancestory.

PS not a shot at anyone So don't take it as one.
But when we ethnics do it it's a problem lol

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Efight yallah bring all the boys

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don't want to front up, that's fine. It just seems like you're backing out because you're unsure of your own argument. Much like most people commenting on this topic, it seems you probably haven't actually considered it as much as you should, you've come out with an opinion that you didn't really develop, and now you're worried because you don't want to be exposed as someone who doesn't think for themselves.

Most here probably see you as the cool guy from the internet with 33,000 posts. And I get it, you need to uphold that. You don't want them to see you as weak or a 'big for nothing post-whore'. It's up to you now, KE. Good luck :grinning:
Most people cant think for themselves and believe what is drummed into their heads by those who print popular opinion. Getting there yet?

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

You are doing a terrific job of not caring...

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most people cant think for themselves and believe what is drummed into their heads by those who print popular opinion. Getting there yet?
I think KE can think for himself, but he doesn't like to dumb it down to people..

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You are doing a terrific job of not caring...
Oh, don't you worry, The_Greatest, I care. I want to know exactly what KE meant, but he's made a big point of dodging me, so that leaves me thinking he is unsure of himself. Why else would he avoid clearing up things for me?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out how Book missed KE's point. Seems he got his point and raised a counter point to which he was told that he missed the point. Maybe instead of saying "You missed the point" he should have said "I don't agree with you"?

Or maybe he's just saying that the media put more effort into this rather than Nepal. And if you want to know why that is, just look at this thread. How long is the Nepal thread?

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, don't you worry, The_Greatest, I care. I want to know exactly what KE meant, but he's made a big point of dodging me, so that leaves me thinking he is unsure of himself. Why else would he avoid clearing up things for me?

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out how Book missed KE's point. Seems he got his point and raised a counter point to which he was told that he missed the point. Maybe instead of saying "You missed the point" he should have said "I don't agree with you"?

Or maybe he's just saying that the media put more effort into this rather than Nepal. And if you want to know why that is, just look at this thread. How long is the Nepal thread?
Oh Book hasn't missed the point, only a dumbphuck would as I am sure Book isn't..

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm loving not being the target of a Book debate.

The DoggFather

RIP HABS
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Maybe he doesn't want to bother with a wannabe know it all **** on the net.

BTW thank you for proving you're a wanker. Even though it didn't take much effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.