Boycott going to games

Status
Not open for further replies.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we really want to hurt the National Rabbitohs League where it matters its money, so simply do not go to games...easy!
Lets face it, we will get rorted anyway and they are hoping we do something, anything, for them to single out so stay at home and watch it with the sound down so you dont have to hear Ray Warren miscall everyones names and try to enjoy it.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also love the timing of this latest assult on the bulldogs only days after it was announced we have a record corporate following, record membership and clearly have a team more than capable of winning this comp finally....but they will do whatever than can to bring down the most watched nrl team, as announced by them only last week. They have themselves in a pickle now also by having us on so many tv games to generate revenue...dont bite the hand that feeds you National Rorters League.

ArnieD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If we really want to hurt the National Rabbitohs League where it matters its money, so simply do not go to games...easy!
Lets face it, we will get rorted anyway and they are hoping we do something, anything, for them to single out so stay at home and watch it with the sound down so you dont have to hear Ray Warren miscall everyones names and try to enjoy it.
I don't get these boycott game posts. Become a season member. Money goes to the club and the team still gets support. I'd hate to be a player playing in front of zero support.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Clubs receive the profits from match attendance, do they not?

The NRL is more about sponsorship and TV deals

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If i want to go to the game, i will go.. idgaf.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This suggestion is so ridiculous and counter productive to the Dogs it should be removed from this site.
Some people just simply don't think before they post

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
I don't know how you'd want to miss our boys go out and play. I can't handle missing games.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know how you'd want to miss our boys go out and play. I can't handle missing games.
to right.
and not going to games only really hurts our club more than it will the NRL

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some people just dont have to agree with each other....and the point is that it may also show the club that the fans do matter

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Boycotting is a stupid idea. You end up punishing yourself, the players and the club more than it hurts the nrl

N

Natboy

Ok but I will only go to away games not involving the dogs if I get free tickets

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agree mate. Even when we left Sydney to live on the mid North Coast vowed never to miss a game and have only done that once in three years and a bit years because both kids were really sick. Could never ever contemplate not supporting my Doggies.

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think he's trying to say not to go to any away games. So the opposing club suffers. We should all get to our home games and get our numbers up

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think he's trying to say not to go to any away games. So the opposing club suffers. We should all get to our home games and get our numbers up

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Many of the clubs suffer a loss on game day. I'd hate to think ours is one of them because people boycott games. Bring on Sunday's game. The sooner we play and win the sooner we can forget about what happened with souths.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The best way to support a club especially our great BULLDOGS is to become a member and show the rest of the league we are united as one! The more we do that, the more money we make for the club and provides a better atmosphere at games for our players to see.
All this boycott business is counter productive!

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Boycotting is not the answer, We need to show strength and support for the club we love.

I have been giving responses to this situation a lot of thought, and have come up with what I think is a few good ideas, but it is difficult for me to promote them as I cannot make the games often at all, and some involve crowd participation. Here are my ideas so far

1) A Minute of silence - With this action, I want to call upon ALL fans of rugby league and not just Dogs fans, personally I am fed up with the NRL's total incompetence in running the game, and thus, I feel we need a minute of silence to acknowledge the Death (or impending death) of Rugby League. - How this works.
During any given game, The participating crowd remains silent for the first minute of the game, then after that, continues on as normal, simply put, the more people that get on board with this idea the better, it could have a profound impact on the game for many reasons, If you get a lot of people on board the silence will hurt the TV presentation, thus annoying channel 9, The more people see it happening, the more people will get on board with it, and realistically it should be done for every game for the rest of the year, and as more teams suffer the injustice of the NRL's mismanagement more fans will get on board, the more it is seen, the more involved, the louder the silence speaks

2) Switch off Rugby league - Refuse to watch any games televised by channel 9 regardless of who is playing.

How it works, instead of watching the game, listen to it on the radio. Channel 9's ratings drop, they get annoyed, again good result as channel 9 get annoyed. The more that get involved, the greater the effect

It is not about who can scream the loudest, but more people involved generates a better outcome

Status
Not open for further replies.