Jacob Loko charged with 'high range' DUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He should just be suspended without pay until the courts have reviewed/punished him.

If he's guilty and gets jail time, sack him. If not, rehab him > drop to reserves.

He's going to have one mighty fine, double d's as well.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Here we go again, "I am so sorry for putting my club, my family through all this embarrassment" bla bla bla bla bla" the Guy need s a good kick in Ass and told to move on!!
Sick of all these drugs and alcohol incidents, OOOHHHH poor Kid he is only 22yo give him a go bla bla bla over and over again!! 22 a Kid??
At 22yo one need to be responsible, been voting for 4 years FFS.
Feel sorry for the parents, and the club that took him on under the circumstances. Half Whit!!

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Ffs who does this guy think he is.....Rebecca Wilson?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He should just be suspended without pay until the courts have reviewed/punished him.

If he's guilty and gets jail time, sack him. If not, rehab him > drop to reserves.

He's going to have one mighty fine, double d's as well.
He was always going to be in reserves until someone else picked him up anyway lol.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No doubt, but he would have been tested twice (once on the road then again back at the station on a more accurate machine) so to be charged usually means there is a major issue, as they cannot charge you until they have the second reading. I can hardly see anything other than a high range DUI conviction here unless something went seriously wrong with both testing machines.
True,
Has he ever been in trouble before?
I see no reason why he can't be given a second chance, FFs if we don't give him another go, the roosters, cronulla, Gold Coast or Canberra will,

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are trolling, right? Please tell me you are...
The wider point being, people in glass houses shouldn't......

I'm not excusing what Loko's done. But let him have his day in court.

Young, stupid, and probably unlikely to do it again.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gentlemen Loko would have been issued with a court appearance notice no matter the reading. If you exceed .05 your gone. Unless we were the arresting officers or privy to this information we will never know the correct reading. The media can hype it as much as it likes. the only thing for sure other than Loko's court date is that the media will be riding this Locomotive as long as they possibly can!!!

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope we dont sack him just on this.
I do.

I have zero time for drink drivers.
I also have zero tolerance for drink driving,
But in the big picture, if we let him go, then what then, he gets signed by another club anyway and doesn't learn any lesson either way, why not keep him, fine him, what ever, but at least he still plays for us,

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But in the big picture, if we let him go, then what then, he gets signed by another club anyway and doesn't learn any lesson either way, why not keep him, fine him, what ever, but at least he still plays for us,
This is my train of thought as well!!!

Kayser

Kennel Established
Reaction score
See ya Loko
The Titans usually sign drink drivers. Head to the Gold Coast mate.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree, if we sack him another club would just pick him up anyway. Keep him but put him under strict rules

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I find it strange that the Wallabies Captain being involved directly or indirectly damaging public / private property whilst being on a night on the piss was just glanced over by the media but Loko being done for DUI is hot off the press news. I guess Michael Hooper is not a big enough story for the garbage tabloids and as he doesn't play for the Bulldogs wouldn't generate the same interest in dollar value as Loco will.

Kayser

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree, if we sack him another club would just pick him up anyway. Keep him but put him under strict rules
You think the family club should retain a player who's fills his guts full of silly sauce then gets behind the wheel?

KelpiesHuskies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
is this his first incident, if so, we should give him a chance to make amends and that is hasler way. look what he did for stewart he looked after him and stewart spilt blood for hasler.

Status
Not open for further replies.