Jacob Loko charged with 'high range' DUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Loko has been issued with a court appearance notice for Thursday, 26 February. We shall know more after this date so until then everyone should just chill.
Its a DUI offence. I have next to no doubt that he did it.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Every man is entitled to his day in court without a kennel posse passing judgement on him before the case is heard.
Your right .189 could be a fake reading lol

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I doubt the club will sack him like I said earlier. He should be docked pay and suspended for a couple of games. It is his first offence at the club, but then again we don't know what terms he was signed on (if he had a history of eff ups at parra then he may have been on a short leash when he signed).

Bad thing is though that by some reports on here he was a possibility of playing in the 9s (if he had recovered well enough). Now we will have to risk another player to cover him if he is suspended. Would be good if his punishment was he had to play the 9s :p lol

So close to getting his career back on track and he stuffs up like this. I think he deserves one more chance…… But if he steps out of line again then he deserves the chop.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its a DUI offence. I have next to no doubt that he did it.
Yeah he did no denying it but did he kill anyone? NO!!! Should we convict him on the precedence that he could have? Should we strap him to the electric chair for his stupidity? And before you and I get into it remember this :hand: :stroke: :grinning: :frusty: :p hahahaha

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah he did no denying it but did he kill anyone? NO!!! Should we convict him on the precedence that he could have? Should we strap him to the electric chair for his stupidity? And before you and I get into it remember this :hand: :stroke: :grinning: :frusty: :p hahahaha
He didnt kill anyone therefore it is ok. Ofcourse.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Makes you wonder what people would say if Josh Morris or James Graham were the ones charged with this.

Sure its absolutely stupid of him to do this and there's a reason why its against the law, but everyone is capable of stupidity. I support whatever the club does with regards to this

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope we dont sack him just on this.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Punch somone and they are okay - okay
Punch someone and they die - charged ad thrown in jail

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Shame on me for not following popular opinion :o It's a damn shame that we don't live in a world where psychic technology is used to arrest and convict people before they commit their crimes!!!! It's also a shame that every man deserves his day in court and that we have a functioning judicial system to see to such matters. I understand it is so much easier following Posse social media and pissing in each others pockets.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He'll likely get the sack. Paul Carter is a better player than Loko and much more value to his team yet they still cut him (albeit his second offence for the same thing).

Still have Rona, McInally and Stanley for depth.

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
Punch somone and they are okay - okay
Punch someone and they die - charged ad thrown in jail
I don't know that people are suggesting the same punishment for if he did kill someone, but the fact that his actions could have killed someone in my opinion means the punishment should still be severe, and that it deserves his contract being torn up. Seems a few people agree here.

When you have lost someone you know due to drink driving then maybe you are more emotional to the topic, but I think that it is a disgusting act that puts other peoples lives at risk. Same as a coward punch does and if any of our players did that (even if they didn't kill someone) I would want them sacked as well.

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
Every man is entitled to his day in court without a kennel posse passing judgement on him before the case is heard.
No doubt, but he would have been tested twice (once on the road then again back at the station on a more accurate machine) so to be charged usually means there is a major issue, as they cannot charge you until they have the second reading. I can hardly see anything other than a high range DUI conviction here unless something went seriously wrong with both testing machines.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Ha ha no lights 1am in the morning from Manly. What you doin ese don't you know that's loco.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't know that people are suggesting the same punishment for if he did kill someone, but the fact that his actions could have killed someone in my opinion means the punishment should still be severe, and that it deserves his contract being torn up. Seems a few people agree here.

When you have lost someone you know due to drink driving then maybe you are more emotional to the topic, but I think that it is a disgusting act that puts other peoples lives at risk. Same as a coward punch does and if any of our players did that (even if they didn't kill someone) I would want them sacked as well.
High range drink driving should be heavily punished by the courts no matter what the outcome, low-mid range drink driving is nothing but a rubbish charge. When i was told this morning about this, i was told it was NOT a high range DUI

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I do.

I have zero time for drink drivers.
Whats the point, he will be picked up by another club and rip us apart on the field.

The biggest loser on sacking a player for a petty crime like this is only and only the club. There are other clubs hungry to pick up sacked players on cheap $$

Status
Not open for further replies.