Brett & Josh Morris reunited next season at Canterbury Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Brett & Josh Morris poised to be reunited next season at Canterbury Bulldogs

ST GEORGE Illawarra are within days of releasing star Test winger Brett Morris from the final year of his contract so he can join the Bulldogs.

The Daily Telegraph can confirm Morris is almost ready to announce he will join brother Josh at Canterbury next season.

Brett has not signed any official deal just yet with Des Hasler’s grand final side.

He is expected to sign a four-year contract at Belmore worth around $500,000 a season.

Brett’s impending decision to sign with the Bulldogs could solve the club’s fullback issues.

It would also mean the Bulldogs won’t be signing Brett Stewart, Josh Hoffman, Darius Boyd or Kurtley Beale, who were linked to the club throughout the season.

The Daily Telegraph has been told the Dargons will announce the split within the next week.

Brett was spotted in the Bulldogs’ dressing room after the club’s grand final loss to Souths last weekend.

Sources close to Morris say he has become increasingly frustrated about his future at the Dragons. Essentially, he wants out.

The brothers desperately want to be reunited.

St George Illawarra are known to be experiencing some heavy salary cap issues.

Respected official and former first grade coach Peter Mulholland has been hired by Saints to fix the mess.

Dragons officials are reluctant to let any star player walk away but salary cap dramas may force their hand.

The future of another NSW star, forward Trent Merrin, also remains clouded.

And there are questions over the future of New Zealand Test winger Jason Nightingale at the joint venture club.

Nightingale comes off contract after next season, as does Merrin.

Merrin, a NSW State of Origin forward, said recently: “I want to stay ... but I don’t know the club’s circumstances in terms of finances but I think ‘Mary’ (coach Paul McGregor) has been left with what he’s been left with.’’

READ More:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...terbury-bulldogs/story-fn2mcuj6-1227084152312

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Saw the reference to Daily Telegraph......mmmm. Good if true

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The rumours are getting hotter and hotter!

I wonder if the Dogs have to pay some sort of release fee?

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If the Dragons release him then I doubt that would be the case Tonee....seems that they are having salary cap issues after some big signings last year(Dugan Benji & Widdop)

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
The rumours are getting hotter and hotter!

I wonder if the Dogs have to pay some sort of release fee?
Pay them Barba's release fee. Who gives a ****.

Just don't give them any players FFS. We didn't get it from Broncos. They even farked us over Hoffman.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay them Barba's release fee. Who gives a ****.

Just don't give them any players FFS. We didn't get it from Broncos. They even farked us over Hoffman.
true!

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes please, take Nightingale too while we are it lol. I rate him.

Nightingale
morris
morris
lafai
perrett/rona/stanely/thompson

I would be happy with that
:love:

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Nightingale
morris
morris
lafai

yep, the dragons have one of the best backlines in the comp its just their forwards are crap.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Nightingale
morris
morris
lafai

well i guess so he's kiwi ;)

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"It would also mean the Bulldogs won’t be signing Brett Stewart, Josh Hoffman, Darius Boyd or Kurtley Beale, who were linked to the club throughout the season"

I thought we would of still had leftovers for another signing?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

Nightingale
morris
morris
lafai

Lol.

Nightingale is quality. Though pass.

I would be happy with Perrett, Brett, Josh, Lafai, Rona, Loko, Stanley,Thompson until Sione & Channel arrive.

Stewart, Beale, Hoffman would strengthen us. Each at different levels of strengthening. Though unlikely to be realistic. It also shows their intentions in my opinion with Sione & Channel for 2016. I can't see them coming to sit out which with Lafai, Josh and hopefully Brett they could well be if we had a Stewart/Beale etc on a contract.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
"It would also mean the Bulldogs won’t be signing Brett Stewart, Josh Hoffman, Darius Boyd or Kurtley Beale, who were linked to the club throughout the season"

I thought we would of still had leftovers for another signing?
We could. Though it might be used for something smart like upgrading Jackson or Klemmer. While planning for 2016 for Sione & Channel.

Fifita was 850k. Morris 500K. Left over but not enough for a Stewart/Beale etc.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol.

Nightingale is quality. Though pass.

I would be happy with Perrett, Brett, Josh, Lafai, Rona, Loko, Stanley,Thompson until Sione & Channel arrive.

Stewart, Beale, Hoffman would strengthen us. Each at different levels of strengthening. Though unlikely to be realistic. It also shows their intentions in my opinion with Sione & Channel for 2016. I can't see them coming to sit out which with Lafai, Josh and hopefully Brett they could well be if we had a Stewart/Beale etc on a contract.
Nightingale is a far better winger than anyone we currently have on the books. Having watched him play FB numerous times he is better than any FB we currently have too

Reaction score
Nightingale is as much of a dick as Soward is for mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.